The Lions Don’t Stand A Chance

Hello all!  I know I’m not posting as much as normal, but with work being busy, hunting season here, my truck acting like the old beater it is… I’m just having trouble keeping up.

However, I hear rumor that a prestigious group called OAVBR may soon be making the move from Access Vikings comment boards over here to Vikings Gab.  That’s very exciting, as I’d love to see our comments section get a little more life to them.  So, in an effort to coax them over here I’m going to really be trying to step up my game by posting more whenever possible.  Also, I’m trying to work out the details for Vikings Gab to host it’s first ever live blog during Sunday’s game.

Speaking of Sunday’s game, does anybody really think the Lions have a shot?  I mean, I am about as pessimistic as they come but even I just can’t believe after what I saw last week that the Lions could possibly come out on top.  I know they usually play us tough, but I don’t really care.

On paper and in practice we dominate them in every aspect of the game of football.  The only player on their team that scares me is Calvin Johnson, but he won’t be too productive if Stafford is pinned under a pile of very large defensive linemen.

Being over-confident is the royal sin of football, but my prediction for this weekend is Vikings 34 to the Lions 10.  Last week I was off by one point in my prediction, but since I didn’t write it on this blog I’ll bet none of you believe me… oh, well.

So, join us Sunday for a potential live blog and make sure to welcome some new members who may be stopping by to comment and converse.

11 Responses to “The Lions Don’t Stand A Chance”

1. starrc10 says:

I am guessing the score will be 10-9 Vikings, ugly game, several turnovers lots of penalties with special teams being the difference (in a positive way for once!).

2. starrc10 says:

The wife says “22-18” … Vikings

3. Adam Warwas says:

History would point towards those two predictions being more accurate. I just think if Mike Bell can take on the Lions like that then imagine what Adrian and Chester will do!

Also, our defense is far better than the Saints D. Sharper was their best player… and he was no longer useful on this Defense. The front four plus E.J. can keep Kevin SMith in check, and double coverage of Calvin should help. Scheme-wise this should be easy as pie. Pressure on Stafford is a must.

4. Bismuth says:

I know they usually play us tough

More like we usually play them soft.

5. Aaron says:

I don’t think the Vikings have any intention of messing around this year. The vets from last year won’t let it happen and Favre won’t let it happen, and Stafford is to pudgy right now still to do anything about it. This will be a healthy win, to the tune of 27-13 or so.

I’ll definately be around for the live blog as well, chiming in whenever Stafford drops an INT into a Viking defenders arm, so, like, every 10 minutes or so …

I kid, I kid …

6. starrc10 says:

Any given Sunday, thats why I love this sport!

Bismuth- I could not agree more, the Lions dont play up to us, we play down.

I also think (hope) that E.J. missing a year will really give him some perspective and bring out the best in him. On paper, just like every other game the past few years, we should completely dominate.

SKOL Vikings!

7. Fran the Man says:

Adam,

I’ll be tuned in too for the live chat during the game. We, over at OAVBR are still trying to get Judd and Chip to come to their senses but Judd didn’t help matters this morning by coming out of the closet and admitting he’s not a Vikings fan. I’m serious! The guy is a Packer fan! Check out this mornings live chat on AV.

8. Fran the Man says:

Adam,

Not to rub it in but you know I have a “Camp” a bit North of you. This last two weeks we have accounted for 3 Moose, several Caribou, countless Ptarmigan and a 7 foot Black Bear.
    The Bear was a real surprise as it was only the 2nd one I have ever seen in the area in over 35 years. I was actually a little bummed at the guy who shot it. . .
    Anyway, just thought I’d give you a little incentive. . .

9. Adam Warwas says:

Yeah, Fran, I’m more of the small game hunter as I have yet to acquire the proper freezer space for a Moose or Bear. I’d love to come up to your lodge at some point though, the wife and I actually almost did this summer, but stopped at Sourdough and caught some nice kings.

Just letting everyone know that I will do some significant updates tonight, so make sure to check back in the mroning. In the meantime, enjoy all that VG has to offer!

• Fran the Man says:

Maybe we’ll see you next year. I closed up last week but still plan a few bird hunting trips until the snow flies.

See you here on game day.

10. Ace says:

You can never count a divisional team out, but simple logic says we should put at least a 2 TD beating on these guys.