Here is a look at what some of our friends have to say about the Vikings victory over the Lions. One common thread amongst all sites is that the Vikings need to play a tough team before we can get too excited. I agree, but do not underestimate the importance of getting two victories on the road to start the season. Being able win on the road and win games you are expected to are both signs of a good football team.
Here are some fun links to check out today:
- Chad Greenway has gotten off to a fast start and the Vikings hope to see him in the Pro Bowl.
- The Daily Norseman thinks the Vikings offense isn’t dull, but rather has simply not been unleashed yet.
- Jason Winter makes some great points about the run defense among other things.
- Some pointsabout Tarvaris Jackson on the punt team, #28′s ability to crush safeties, and Berrian’s six catches.
- Kevin Seifert thinks Favre is “winging it” and that it’s a good thing.
- Grant’s Tomb looks at some of the positive points of the Vikings beating two teams… by double digits… on the road.
- Skol Vikes gives game balls to the exact guys you would guess.
- Vikings Ship makes a good point when he says “People only remember how you finish.”
- The Vikings Age ponders ten astute “talking points” after a week 2 win.
- UPDATE: A little late, but Viking Vigil weighs in with some opinions on the game.