Antoine Is Doubtful, Other Injury News

The Vikings are no longer the healthiest team in football.  Unfortunately, the Steelers are.  Here is the injury news:

Probable:  Adrian Peterson (ankle)

Questionable:  Percy Harvin (shoulder), Madieu Williams (quadricep), Husain Abdullah (back)

Doubtful:  Antoine Winfield (foot), Darius Reynaud (hamstring)

For the Steelers, both Troy Polamalu and Rashard Mendenhall are listed as probable.

28 Responses to “Antoine Is Doubtful, Other Injury News”

Adam what is your gut feeling on the questionable ones Harvin, Williams and Abdullah?

2. Adam Warwas says:

I think Harvin is truly a game-time decision… they won’t know until warm ups… I think he’ll be taken off of return duties regardless.

My guess is that both Williams and Abdullah play.

That’s what I was thinking too. Whats up with Reynaud? I fell in love with his play and he cant seem to get healthy.

4. Adam Warwas says:

Those darn hammy injuries can really linger, we were lucky that Berrian’s happened in preseason.

Jaymar will probably do double duty on returns, and I think he’ll be just fine.

If Harvin AND Reynaud sit out, then we have some major depth concerns on Sunday.

Any chance Chester will assume kickoff returns? I wouldnt think so with AD being a little dinged.

6. Adam Warwas says:

There is always a chance I suppose, but I imagine that Jaymar is the guy.

Sidney Rice also did some return work in trainign camp, and Berrian has been back there before… but, again, I think Jaymar gets both those duties.

Again here it says leave comment and there are 6 comments.

8. Adam Warwas says:

I think you are using the “back” button to navigate instead of refreshing the main page is my guess. Do me a favor, at the top of your screen, click the “home” button and see if that fixes it and let me know… I’m curious as to why the counter is working for me but not the readers… that’s worriesome.

I think you are right Adam. I dont think I’m refreshing often enough. I’m not very good on computers to start with. Sorry if I worried you.

10. Adam Warwas says:

No worries, glad to hear it wan’t a bigger problem. Every time people first visit the site and/or hit refresh the counter should re-set itself.

The only other way to fix that is to do an auto-refresh, which is a highly annoying feature (like on the new Access Vikings).

I see Sid is the only one on the Strib staff to pick Vikes to win. I dont want to do anything as annoying as the new AV.

12. Adam Warwas says:

Reusse did as well, but I’m surprised to see that they all think this will be such a low scoring affair… maybe because of field conditions, eh?

Well you know Adam a good percentage of the time when everyone is predicting a high scoring game its a low scoring game and vice-versa.

14. Adam Warwas says:

True, but I see no reason why at least one of these teams won’t put up 30 on Sunday.

15. Adam Warwas says:

Hey Johnny, not sure if you saw it or if it got lost in the shuffle, but I did my best to answer your salary cap questions in the comments section of the “What I Saw” post towards the bottom of the main page.

Adam, yes I did see that. I thought I thanked you afterward, but if I didnt I thank you now. That was swift and great research. I think I said that we have to go with what we got. That was some pretty confusing stuff but pretty obvious we have no room under the cap this year. Where do you go to get that kind of info? Dont answer if you dont want to give away any secrets.

17. Adam Warwas says:

Sorry, I didn’t see that you did respond… I see that now, and you’re very welcome!

I get the info (and much other info) from various places and compile and track (or try to) the Vikings finances in an excel document that I created. It’s not perfect, but it beats USA Today’s salary cap section that is usually outdated by at least 1 year.

Ya Adam I wouldnt believe anything that comes out of the USA Today, period. What a bunch of hacks. If its all the same to you, I’ll come to you for information, if thats alright. Keep up the excellent work you do here. The word will spread and the new AV will go farther downhill.

19. Adam Warwas says:

haha, I appreciate the support, but don’t sell Judd and Chip short, they do a great job.

I don’t mean to trash Judd and Chip, I agree they do a great job. It’s their employers and the changes they made that have most of us upset. It’s so obvious that their viewers and posters have tanked and they just keep making it worse[ ie premium ]

21. Adam Warwas says:

I hear ya… I hate the new layout. But bosses do what bosses do… at least they’re still better than the Pioneer Press I suppose.

I would never pay for anything though, somewhere out there the same information is available for free… what a scam.

It’s good to see you defend Judd and Chip and not to defend the new AV crappola. I wonder how many have actually signed up for the premium. Any rumers that you are hearing? Is there some way to find out what the actual numbers are?

23. Adam Warwas says:

Nah, I couldn’t tell ya where to start looking for that info.

Come on Adam it didn’t take you about five minutes to find out the salary cap issue. Your not greenin me are ya? I’ll bet ya the numbers are awfull. But if you don’t know, you don’t know. Just giving ya a little jazz.

Sorry Adam I wasn’t trying to offend you. Just trying to joke around a little. I think I’ve been reading to many of Tombs posts.

26. Adam Warwas says:

lol, Johnny, no worries… I don’t offend that easily, geesh.

The only way I could think of is to call some P.R. person at the Strib… but I bet that would be a dead end.

Re-HIRE CHILDRESS NOW!

Keeping Winfield out is the smart thing to do here.
    Want to win em all, but next week is more important. Throw the rook out there, lets see what he can do.