They Are Who We Thought They Were

Patriots Saints Football

Well, that wasn’t fun.

Vikings fans nationwide were doubtless hoping for the Patriots to knock off the Saints.  This would have placed the Vikings and the Saints in a tie atop the NFC.

The Saints stepped up, however, and completely dominated the Patriots on both sides of the football.

There isn’t much more to say about the subject other than that it appears quite unlikely that the Vikings catch the Saints in the standings, and we better hope somebody knocks them out of the playoffs early so that we don’t have to face them.

I personally think the Vikings can beat any team in football, but the Saints scare me more than any other team.  Especially if we have to face them in their house.

10 Responses to “They Are Who We Thought They Were”

1. wtfvikesfan says:

Interesting stats…….

PervyHarvin says:
    December 1, 2009 1:41 PM
    Eric Dickerson- First four seasons: 13,14,10,12

Walter Payton- seasons of 9,10,11

JimBrown-seasons of 9 twice and 7 twice

Franco Harris-10twice,9twice,8twice,11

Those numbers are fumbles in a season. Don’t panic about AD. Hard ass runners tend to fumble,part of the bad ass style. Hopefully like Walter,he will get it worked out.

• KevinWI says:

not sure what your comment has to do with the article.

• KevinWI says:

You will get no arguments from me….The Saints scare me too…especially at their house….but it has me curious….how does a team barely beat the Rams and then completely dismantle the Patriots? Is it because the Pats aren’t the team we think they are? After all….they lost to the Jets.

• starrc10 says:

I am going to go with this argument to ensure I can get some sleep during the regular season. There is no hope for sleeping during the post-season.

Starr,
    Your funny!!!
    I feel the same way lol…

Kevin,
    The Saints looked good, But the Secondary, Which is young looked confused alot last night. which didn’t help,

Not that I’m taking anything away for the Saints, A whipping is a whipping

4. Fran the Man says:

Nope, not fun at all. That was about the best chance we had for the Saint’s to lose a game and they DOMINATED the Pats.

I still think we match up well to them but after 40+ years as a VIKING fan, I’m sure not looking forward to the stress of watching us play them in the NFC title game. . .

Hey guys good chat. You never know what’s going to happen to the Saints. They could get the injury bug or start resting starters although I think they will play all out to get homefield. Still 5 games to go so I’ll take the wait and see approach.

6. CalVkg says:

saints really only have the ‘boys as their last hurdle to 16-0, maybe the falcons can pull off a big upset, but the saints have a clear path to unbeaten and they do look very good. it’s just so hard to go undefeated, though

either the pats weren’t as good as i thought they’d be, and our defense is killer compared to theirs, or the saints are just that much better, but they haven’t seen anyone like us yet

Brees is excellent, he’s the big threat, gotta get to him and knock him around. i hope we do play the saints and kick the holy shit out of ’em. i don’t know why i think this, but i don’t think they’re as tough as we are. just a feeling

Right on Cal, the trick will be knocking Brees on his keister. Les Frazier will come up with alot better gameplan than Pats did. (remember the Steelers)