McKinnie Tips Vikings’ Hand

Here is an interesting note about our “Pro Bowl caliber” left tackle.

Dan Patrick reportedly said on his show Monday that former NFL left tackle Tony Boselli was working on the sidelines for a radio broadcast during Sunday’s game.  Boselli made a point about Bryant McKinnie’s game:

“Boselli points out that (left tackle) Bryant McKinnie of the Vikings, he said that the Cardinals know when they’re going to pass because of his leg. He would have one of his legs back a little bit further. … He said they know what’s going to happen because they’re looking at his feet and they can tell when it’s a run and when it’s a pass.”

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

30 Responses to “McKinnie Tips Vikings’ Hand”

1. Brett says:

Does this mean we can blame the loss on him!?!… please…?

• Bill says:

Anyone who doesn’t believe this affected the game you should go back and watch the game again. It makes the play action irrelviant. There were a couple really good shots in the 3 qtr. where they faked to Pederson and there 4 linebackers in the shot were 10 yards back and backpeddeling. If the defence knows they dont have to worry about the pass stopping the run is a lot easier, and viece versa.

• Brett says:

No – I’m with you… I definitely believe this would have an affect on the game. I was saying please because I would love to just pass off the reason we lost to Bryant McKinnie! 🙂

• c.carterhof says:

Very good point Bill.

I do remember that, there were two or three times when we faked and I was thinkin- wow wish we had ran it, that wide open.

2. Bismuth says:

Knowing the run is coming hasn’t allowed teams to hold Peterson to 19 yards in the past.

If you execute the play right, It doesn’t matter… Not much of that.

4. Skee says:

Good points Bismuth and Charlie, but this is stuff you learn in high school. I played tackle and guard way back when, and that was stressed big time. Even more so if you are a guard and are going to pull – you cannot change your stance, the position of your head, heck even your eyes. He needs to work on that big time. NFL defenses are good enough already without also having a good idea what the play is and where its going. Just my 2 cents…

Another strike against Bmac. This guy needs to take a pay cut. He’s not an elite tackle.

Good 2 cents, How many years has he played??? This shouldn’t even be a problem…

And I’m with johnny, He is overrated

7. jeege says:

Agreed on all accounts. There are some good late round Tackles in the draft this year…maybe it’s time to make a switch. Childress comes from the school of best player available and it would not behoove him to take an LT this draft.

I like:
    Gabe Carimi*, Wisconsin
    Height: 6-8. Weight: 320.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.20.
    Projected Round (2010): 2-3.

Sam Young, Notre Dame
    Height: 6-7. Weight: 318.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.20.
    Projected Round (2010): 2-3.

Lee Ziemba*, Auburn
    Height: 6-8. Weight: 298.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.17.
    Projected Round (2010): 3-4.

8. Tomb says:

Anybody think Loadholt will ever be good enough to slide over to left tackle?

Anybody think that Will Ferrell movies are still funny, and haven’t run their course about 4 movies ago?

Anybody here can talk about the Browns head coach as “Mangina” and be adult enough not to giggle a little bit?

You people are crazy. McKinney is a jackass, but he’s a pretty good player. Not a superstar, but well above most left tackles in the league.

10. Tomb says:

Hello to my ol’ pal Freds.
    I have to sort of agree. As unimpressive as McKinney can be, there’s not a plethora of LT’s out there that are better.

Freds just found out his wife is having an affair with Tiger Woods….damn.

The media has coined her 107…

Don’t laugh, your girlfriend just hasn’t told you yet that she is 106!

So Freds that wasnt you doing the bow wow thing after the game the other night, it was Tigger. Sorry Freds you could have told me. Get as much hush money as you can and run.

15. jeege says:

I don’t disagree that he is above average. But I do think that the Vikings could do better.

At the very least find a player who fits the team mold better. Mckinnie is on the outs with the Vikings. (I am basing this on nothing but a hunch) He’s on very thin ice with Childress after that Miami brawl and I think it’s only a matter of time before they shop him for a second or third rounder.

I for one, would be all for it.

Jeeeges –

“The team mold”? Is that the 40 year old, grey beard, southern drawl, good old boy, wrangler wearing, retire, unretire, retire, unretire mold?. Not sure we can find a left tackle like that, but I guess we could try.

Both Brent and Jared have a checkered pasts…are they mold guys? Then those pesky speeding tickets. Where do we draw the mold line? Oh Kevin, beat your wife Williams? Steroids using Williams wall…you get the picture

Easy Freds, dont want you to have a stroke. I know the Mrs. Freds and Tigger thing has you upset, I understand. The problem with Bmac is his consistancy. One game he looks like a probowler and plays well and the next game he doesnt look good at all.

Big Johnny –

“One game he looks like a probowler and plays well and the next game he doesnt look good at all.”

We should trade Adrian for a second or third rounder then…?

Freds dont you think the two go hand in hand. Meaning that if Bmac has a bad game then probably AP and even Favre wont have the best games either. I’m not saying we should trade Bmac for a second or third rounder, a first probably, but the dude has proved he can play well, so why doesnt he do it more consistantly?

Let’s just be consistent.

Good point Freds.

Its a good thing Vikes found out about this now. Good thing Boselli cant keep a secret.

Now we can really confuse defenses.
    We could have Mckinnie stick his leg out on runs in the 1st half, and then change it up in the 2nd half.

Or, maybe on every other series. They’ll never know whats comin! Sheesh.

21. Adam Warwas says:

wow, I come back from a long day at work and you guys have provided more solid analysis of the Vikings in the last two post than ESPN has in ten years!

Great conversation guys.