Vikings Stack The Pro Bowl

nfl_ap_apeterson_580

The Vikings have had a rough go of it recently… to say the least.

However, they got some good news today as the NFL announced their Pro Bowl rosters.  The Vikings lead the NFL with eight players being voted in.

Brett Favre, Adrian Peterson, Steve Hutchinson, Sidney Rice, Bryant McKinnie, Kevin Williams, Jared Allen, and Heath Farwell will all represent the Vikings in Miami this year… IF the Vikings do not make it to the Super Bowl.

Peterson, McKinnie, Hutchinson, Allen and Williams were named starters on the roster.

This is the first time that Rice, McKinnie, and Farwell have been selected.

I don’t have too much to say about this other than… “McKinnie?  Really?  Seriously? Does this increase his trade value?  McKinnie?  Really?”

Oh, and I hope these players are busy making Super Bowl preparations while the rest of the league takes part in a meaningless scrimmage.

20 Responses to “Vikings Stack The Pro Bowl”

My God Bmac in the probowl, that is a joke, right? That is just stupid. I love it that Rice made it though. Only suprise is Harvin not making it. Does anyone feel good today? I dont.

johnny, I’d like to think the offense learned a little about themselves last night that can carry into the next game. What I feel sick about is the defense. All of a sudden we can’t stop anyone, and our safeties are not going to get any better any time soon. THAT side of the ball makes me feel ill.

Agree coach. Is it to late to make some personell changes on defense? I would rest Winfield this week, start Sanford at safety and play B-rob alot more at DE. And try Farwell at linebacker in place of Jasper. What do you think?

johnny,
    I feel like Crap…
    I don’t know how Anybody that watched that game last night, could feel good today, That was Gut Wrenching!!! Rice has earned the spot no doubt, McKinney not so much!!! I really like Percy, too bad he didn’t make it.

Charlie, I didnt sleep well last night. I guess we shouldnt get so emotional about things we cant control. Really sucks though. Just got to remember what you said about having really thick skin to be Vikes fan

• Purple Charlie says:

johnny,
        I didn’t sleep well last night either buddy. And I’m Sure there were allot of other guys that didn’t sleep well either, It’s easy when the team is doing good, The Warthog skin is for times like these,Two things johnny, Go Cowboys Go Vikings!!!

Charlie, I just hate being in the position to have to root for some other team to win to advance our position. I wish our “in house” coach, was our head coach. B. Grant is very wise and inspirational.

• Purple Charlie says:

johnny,
        I don’t like it either, Plus I Don’t like the Cowboys, But I do want to see our Vikes get that much needed 2nd seed, And Yes, I think very highly of our in house coach too…

Charlie, this stuff is getting old. We have the talent to have it all, but not the leadership.

And coach we did learn a little about the offense last night, let Favre and Bevell run the show.

coach,
    I would have never thought they would have played that poorly as they did last night, I can see E.J. is missed big time in the line up Jasper did ok but seemed lost at times, Big Pat would have helped some if he would have played last night, Not enough pressure,Secondary was caught out of position at times, Not consistent enough, I won’t even talk about Special Teams!!!

The hit Jamarca Sanford made was awesome…

5. Ole says:

McKinnie in the Pro Bowl? The voters have a warped sense of humor.

as for the loss to da Bears – I blame Childress

Ole,
    Few things come to mind, But I agree, Childress is first on the list… Unfortunately he will be the problem for a while!!!

• Purple Charlie says:

Ole,
      Quick question, You said you were a Carpenter do you usally work constuction jobs??? Just wandered,I’m a Welder/Pipe fitter work is slow here in Rochester NY.

I think there is a more objective perspective on Chili needed right now. I am in the front of the line saying that the contract extension was both ill-advised and ill-timed. I just don’t see the wisdom in that move. Like the Vikes, Chili is not as good as our 10-1 start, but he is not as bad as our current 1-3 run either.

This recent play is more than just Chili’s fault, although I know that in the end, ALL things are the responsibility of the head coach, and he has to take his share. But it wasn’t Chili who fumbled in OT, it wasn’t Chili who got beat on the final play of the game when we were in a blitz that seemed like a pretty good call. It wasn’t Chili who got EJ’s femur broken or damaged Pat’s elbow, and it’s not Chili who has taught previously able tacklers to all of a sudden become careless tacklers.

As much as I am not a big Chili fan, I cannot lay all the blame at his feet. The players have to take a majority of the load for their play, good or bad. Could we be doing some things different schematically? Yes, but so could most teams in the NFL depending on who you ask. In the last few weeks, our Pro Bowlers, have not been playing up to their capability, and it is not the job of the head coach to make sure that is a constant.

Part of the NFL is to question head coaching, and it is right that Chili be scrutinized, but let’s not let the players off the hook for their performances, either.

(I know, spoken like a typical coach. OK, but it’s gotta be said, IMO.)

…and I’m not comin’ down on anyone who has criticized Chili here at all. I will be the first to say that the Vikes have not seemed well prepared for our recent road games (duh!). I’m just offering a different perspective to consider, that’s all.

• Purple Charlie says:

Coach,
      Your right, I just think everybody is bummed about the tail end of the season.

• krugjr says:

mornin’ Adam…….Ole’s still sleepin’……and good to “see” you Coach!

Coach, my morning thought (as we analyze this melt-down)….chilly’s “scripted” start?????
      8 plays, 10 plays, 12 plays, several 3 & outs??
      maybe it relates to our slow starts and maybe it relates to the brad/brett friction as of late????? any wisdom you can share?

9. Nume says:

I’ve never understood why Bryant Mckinnie seems to be so respected nationally. I have never been impressed by his play, but people always talk about him like he’s one of the best tackles in the league… even in like Madden games for example, they have him at like a 95 o6 96 overall. Its just odd… anyways 😛