Favre, Vikings Vow to Come Out with More ‘Fight’ ??!!??

Latest excuses leave Viking Fans Unimpressed

Excuse me for finding a recent associated press article with the above title a tad bit irritating. Brad Childress and several other players are vowing to come out and make a “Real” effort this week-end against the Giants.

Excuse me ??!!?? “A real effort “ !!! That’s awesome ! No really, I’m seriously impressed ! Considering the average cost for an Dad to take his son/daughter to a game ( in REAL dollars, not in football player dollars ).

In these economic times, the team continues to find itself inequitably supported by a customer base that worships their every meager effort, so excuse me while I cherish the promise of a “Real Effort !”

It is about time ! Now that their fate rests in the Cowboys hands after squandering three of the last four games by giving their mediocre at best…. Now, and only now we are suppose to get excited about comments such as these !

The whole thing wreaks of desperation. Not desperation of their play-off situation, but desperation of how to “sell” the whole lazy, unprepared and inglorious fiasco that has been the last four games.

You can bet that the rest of the NFC is breathing a bit easier then they did before when this team was actually feared. This was a team even the mighty Saints or Colts didn’t want to see on their play-off horizon..

Just a month ago, there was actual hope that the Vikings had a real chance to win it all. Now, the team is trying to get us to buy into the “now were going to actually try” credo so often uttered by losers.

Great teams don’t take weeks off ! Great teams also don’t attempt to make excuses for the inexcusable !!! I am profoundly disappointed with this team and it’s coaching staff ! This is NOT A SUPER BOWL TEAM !!!! This is NOT A TEAM WITH SUPERIOR LEADERSHIP ! This is a LAZY group of prima-donnas who simply care much more for the accolades, personal appearances and pay checks then the actual pride of earning them.
Great Players don’t collect millions of dollars while they mail it in week after week. Merry Christmas Viking fans……..Happy New Year to all the faithful who bleed purple and gold only to find that they have left us high and dry again !!!

“Yo Adrian “ Try holding on to the ball !

Hey McKennie, try moving your feet and actually making contact before you simply “Ole” with your wondrous matadors cape while the bull runs right past you on his way to your quarterback………Bah !!

Hey Kluie……Try using the middle of your foot to contact the ball instead of just the outside edge… Humbug ! For crying out loud, that’s all you do, man ! Please do it well !!!!
I wonder what my boss would say if I decided to simply go through the motions at my real job ! I couldn’t get away with it, you know why ? Because there are thousands of people out of work right now, who would love to replace me. I actually have to try every day, just like the great majority of the people reading this article right now.

How do you think it makes them feel to know that “This week you are actually going to try ??!!!………Hallaleuyah !! May all the Bald sprout Hair !!!

However, that said……..this team is miraculously only a win and an Eagle loss in Big D from being back in the cat bird seat. Unfortunately, this team has squandered a great opportunity that ( barring the former ) leaves them with little more then a slim to none chance of winning it all.

But Slim has one foot out the door as it looks toward Sunday when the Vikings will “ Really give us an honest effort”

14 Responses to “Favre, Vikings Vow to Come Out with More ‘Fight’ ??!!??”

1. homeskillet says:

Adam that was awesome!

Way to go Adam! Somebody needed to speak up and tell the cold hard truth. Thanks

Ouch!!!
    The truth hurts, Way to go Adam. I hope they live up to all the talk…

4. Ole says:

Good artcicle Adam. Although I do resent you using the term “Ole” in reference to McKinnies lack of blocking skills

5. Chris Boynton says:

That was a GREAT article, Adam ! But hey….Where is the L-O-V-E Big guy ???? After all, I wrote the damn thing !

6. Ole says:

dang it, I didn’t see your byline, sorry Chris

but lay off the McKinnie-“Ole” references from now on

7. Adam Warwas says:

Yup, again… not me.

Ole,
    I think you could teach McKinnie a thing or too as far as I’m concerned bro.

Adam. I mean Chris, you need to edit the ole reference and change it to “olay”. I can see how our Ole would be offended.

Until Vike O line play improves the Handle is going with other side:

Giant @ Viking
    Line: Minnesota by 9

The Viking are in the playoffs and are hoping to secure a #2 seeding with victory here. Giant won’t be participating in the post-season but we still prefer a proud but humiliated New York squad to this reeling Minnesota bunch. Vike have lost three of four and will be playing this one off a short week, overtime loss. G-men excel on the road, failing to cover in only seven of past 30 when traveling. New York ’s pass rush should rattle Minnesota ’s shaky front line enough to keep this one close.

TAKING: NY Giant +9

Eagle @ Cowboy
    Line: Dallas by 3

Things bode well here for the Eagle. They’ve won six straight. While the Cowboy won the earlier meeting by a 20-16 counts, the Eagle have been victorious in eight of the past nine in second leg of their home-and-home with the Cowboy. Philadelphia will secure the #2 seed with a win, no matter what the outcomes of other games are. While Dallas has picked up the pace recently and remain a legit contender, it must finish strong. But with nine consecutive losses in their final regular season game and with Philadelphia’s success when traveling here, seeing will be believing.

TAKING: Philadelphia +3

Well here it is January 2, 2010, and your old pal Freds has vowed to be kinder and gentler. Fred has rid himself to all his venom. It appears Freds Pal Chris was right there to receive the venom release. Enjoy the year Chris!

12. fozz44 says:

Nicely done Adam…..quality rant material right there.

13. homeskillet says:

Adam, Chris is trying to take credit for your article! NO JUST KIDDING! Good job Chris if its okay for me to call you Chris!