Season Ends On A High Note

The season is over and the post season starts today… and the Vikings will be involved.

The Vikings bull dozed a pathetic looking Giants team today with a score of 44-7.  Led by Brett Favre and his 148.7 quarterback rating, the Vikings have again managed to rally the fans behind them.

To make matters even better, the Cowboys ripped apart the Eagles which gave the Vikings the #2 seed in the NFC which includes a first round bye in the playoffs.

We will have many updates over the next few weeks, but in the meantime, enjoy what is one of the best Sundays we Vikings fans have had in a very long time!

20 Responses to “Season Ends On A High Note”

1. olderthandirt says:

It was a great day to be a Vike’s fan. I hated to cheer for Dallas, but we’ll see what happens next week with the reruns of the two games that just finished.

2. olderthandirt says:

Sorry I didn’t stop in for the live chat Adam, but I was too involved watching the game on the big screen upstairs. I’ll go back and catch up on all the comments later.

We’ll see if Arizona, resting many of their players, can be a little stronger in their rematch with the Pack next week.

3. starrc10 says:

Oh, phew, I thought this was about Harvin.

4. homeskillet says:

SWEET! Bye week then home game where we are undefeaated!!

Great win, no crying in my beer tonight. Last Monday night almost finished me off.

6. krugjr says:

no more cold weather games this year…can’t hurt!

game almost looked like an unleashed gunslinger…..right from the beginning…..

Go Vikes!!!!!

Kickin back watchin the last Sunday nite game, What a Rush today has been, Everythings Great in Vikingland!!!
    Awesome day Guys YEAH!!!

8. Cslinde says:

Can’t believe everyone isn’t griping about the defense giving up 7 points! Or, some other ‘nit picking’. Ha! Skol Vikes, keeep it trucking!

The Bengals really mailed it in tonight, wouldnt you agree Charlie? One good thing though is Vikes get #2 in rush D, i think.

• Purple Charlie says:

They sure did johnny,
      They play next week again, I think it will be closer, Still think the Jets will win, 2nd in rushing is nothing to be ashamed of,I still pumped with that 2nd seed!!!

Some amusing reading, I just went to Giantsgab to see what they are thinking. They want coaches fired and maybe switch to 3-4 defense. Their live-blog only lasted abot 25 posts or so and was done. On the pregame stuff, they just said to go to Vikingsgab to find out about the purple and gold. Again I want to thank Adam for all he does here.

11. Fran the Man says:

Boy Howdy, what a great day to be a Viking fan. CREAMED ‘EM!!

Now, if Green Bay can beat the Cards next week, we get them again! What a game that will be.

Yea Fran, bring on those Packers!

Hey, does this mean I am the prediction winner this week?

c.carterhof
    january 1st, 2010 at 9:57 pm

On offense I’d like to see that team I saw in the 2nd half monday night. I say we do.

Yes, we will dominate.

Vikes-41
    G-men-0

You the man CC. What say you about wildcard weekend?

14. AnotherBlondeViking says:

A great day all around! Yowza!

Hey Blondie, sounds like the happy dance was great! Yowza means good.

16. CalVkg says:

GREAT! we got what we wanted after last game

good rebound, even though the Gnats mailed it in; the 2 seed; healthy; opened it up on offense; D-secondary help and adjustments

17. Cslinde says:

Hey Peeps!
    Who else thinks the Cowboys and Vikes are two very similar teams?

-Romo has always been called Favre-ish
    -Felix Jones seems like their version of Harvin, though not as much of a down field threat
    -Both have power runners who can house it, though AD is much better
    -Both have great D-lines
    -Austin=Rice

Cowboys may scare me a bit. Also, the last time Pack and Vikes met in playoffs we beat them after they swept the regular season. Ready. Go!