Allen To Get A Fine This Week

Some of you may have missed it at the time because you were too busy shouting with excitement and doing the happy dance.

But after Jared Allen implemented the sack, strip & recover trifecta on Eli Manning this Sunday he proceeded to do something that will surely get him fined by the NFL.

Allen threw the ball into the stands, which is a clear violation of NFL rules.

So, after a season of not being fined, his final big play celebration will surely see him a tiny bit lighter in the wallet.

Allen seemed more inconsistent this year than he did last year, but he has 14.5 sacks in both of his seasons since joining the Vikings.

Allen was also credited for 42 solo tackles, 8 assists, 1 safety, 4 defended passes, 1 interception, and 5 forced fumbles.  The stat line is impressive, but none of these stats are career bests for Allen other than the 1 interception.

Last year’s game against the Eagles was Allen’s first playoff game of his career with the Vikings.  He registered 2 sacks, 1 pass defended, 1 forced fumble, and 3 tackles.

His only other career playoff game was with the Chiefs and against the Colts.  Allen registered 6 solo tackles and that is all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

10 Responses to “Allen To Get A Fine This Week”

1. olderthandirt says:

Good afternoon Adam. I saw Jared complaining to a ref for a flag after/during the Giants score from the one yard line. What was that about??? Looked to me like it may have been a block below the knees on him, but I didn’t really catch it.

Any thoughts??? I saw the highlights of Brady being pushed down after a pass in yesterdays game. Boy has he turned into a wuss. Always looking for a flag now if he’s touched. I’m glad Brett likes to play the game and takes his hits with a grain of salt.

2. Tomb says:

I remember him throwing the ball, and thought for sure it would draw an unsportmans-like piece of laundry.

He didn’t even do his rope the calf deal.

The Mullet is becoming unpredictable.

Why the hell do you get a fine for that? Baseball players do it all the time.

4. olderthandirt says:

Maybe there should have been a delay of game penalty for throwing it in the stands, but they didn’t throw a flag.

5. Fran the Man says:

NFL= No Fun League

And yeah Tomb, why no calf roping?

6. CO Vike Fan says:

No one benefits more from the dome than Jared, look for a big game from the mullet in the divisional round.

I also predict a Ray Edwards sighting, auditioning for a shiny new contract from someone this offseason. Hello Robison for 2010, he had some nice plays yesterday. Vikes will let Edwards walk

CO, can we afford to lose the guy with the sack record? Oh forgot that was only in his mind.

8. Tomb says:

Ray Edwards has 21.5 CAREER sacks. He couldn’t break the record in FOUR YEARS!

Two words: Kamp man.

Think Kampman will be healthy by next year? I’d wager he’s sick of playing linebacker, and would LOVE to play DE on the Vikes opposite the mullet.

I’m just sayin’

I think that would be a wise move, Tomb. And the satisfaction of pissin off Packer fans.

10. AnotherBlondeViking says:

Two Happy Dances yesterday, and I still saw The Roper throw the ball….!!!!!