ROY Honors Go To Harvin

I’ve raved about Vikings rookie recievier/returner/running back Percy Harvin a lot in recent days, so i’ll keep this short.

Harvin is the NFL’s 2009 Rookie of the Year.

Congrats to Harvin!  The award is much deserved!

20 Responses to “ROY Honors Go To Harvin”

1. Fozz44 says:

Thanks Adam….that is Juke-tacular news!

Way to go Percy. I wonder how close and who was second. Fozz you better get a patent on that word quick before somebody steals it.

3. Todd says:

And to think he will only get better, I look forward to watching him the next 5 years

That’s the best thing about Percy is the potential is unreal,Like Fozz said the way he jukes and moves is Juke-tacular!!! Love the way this guy hits the hole on kick offs, Full out.His Attitude has been humble and refreshing.

This was one of the best decisions Childress made was picking him in the draft, Getting Favre was one of his better too…

5. Fozz44 says:

Oher gets 2nd….I guess a few voters saw ‘The Blind Side’….(great football movie if you haven’t seen it)

6. Tomb says:

Ahem. Coach, where you at? Surely you can testify to the fact I purchased a brand spankin’ new Percey Harvin jersey for my daughter well before the season even started.

Now, I suppose I could go ahead and blow my own horn regarding my stellar ability to see a winner long before the results are even in, but I’d prefer if someone else blew my horn for me.

Wait, that sounded somehow wrong, I should rephrase that.

• CO Vike Fan says:

Ochocinco was looking for a horn to blow a few weeks ago, and the way the Bengals finished the season I bet he’ll be available after this weekend

Somehow I don’t think coach likes to blow any man’s horn…

Nice to see Chilly getting some well earned loved in here!

8. Nume says:

Go Chilly! Coach of the year! /vomit… 😛

9. starrc10 says:

Hey Adam,

Stop and chill its just a drill :\

Go Percy!

10. Tomb says:

I’d like to see our fearless leader Chilly unleash Harvin on punt returns during the playoffs. It’d strike fear in the hearts of the enemy…I mean, I’d rather have Harvin dropping punts than Reynaud.

I don’t think that Harvin would be bad on punts, but I would stick to “don’t fix what isn’t broken.” Reynaud has been one of the better punt returners in the league this year.

Now I would like to see Harvin get more like 3-5 carries out of the backfield this postseason. He averagedone carry a game in the regular season.

• CalVkg says:

congrats to harvin, excellent all around numbers

yeah, not a good time to have harvin return punts. he’s not used to it, and reynaud deserves his tries

• Tomb says:

Adam, I’ll see your “don’t fix what isn’t broken,” and raise you a “if you’re not moving forward, you’re standing still.”

Boom goes the dynamite…bitches! =>

Thats a good idea Tomb. Cant afford a fumbled punt in the playoffs.

12. AnotherBlondeViking says:

Great news! I agree, Tomb, let Harvin run back the punts.

Let ’em fly like the snow here!