Quote Of The Week

There were a ton of great quotes to choose from this week but, and I apologize if you disagree, I find one particular quote to be quite hilarious.

Brad Childress will doubtless be featured on “Quote of the Week” segment a great many times.  Here is what he had to say when asked how he celebrated Sunday’s victory against the Cowboys:

I sat in a chair.

Ta-Dah!

So, just to reinforce everyone’s notion that Brad Childress is one boring human being, there you go!

Actually, this interview from the Pioneer Press is great fun and you should check out the rest of his answers.

12 Responses to “Quote Of The Week”

Me too, Brad. It felt good to sit back, relax, and relive those glorious moments of humiliating Jerry Jones and his Cowbuts. No activity (OK, yeah there’s one), food or alcoholic beverage can match that pleasure.

2. Kevin WI says:

I’m going to toss this one out there, and people can disagree all you want but it’s the truth.

You ever notice how the national media tends to scoop the local media regarding Viking news on a constant basis?
    You ever think it’s because of the adversarial relationship the local media has with Childress.
    The ease at which the local reporters like Judd, Chip, Jim, etc. jump on the Fire Chili bandwagon…something the national media leaves alone….
    I could mention the injury to Winfield as an example…a day after the injury, the national media reported that Winfield would be out 6 weeks….the local media was shut out and kept reporting Winfield was week to week. Now it’s Edwards….local media is getting bupkis news and the national media already reported that Edwards would start on Sunday.
    I’m not saying that the local media should blow sunshine up Childress’s dress, but maybe not report on a constant basis about the uncertain status of his future, or criticize him on a constant basis….this way maybe the local media won’t get that wry grin from Childress when they ask him a question he knows the answer to but loves playing with reporters like a cat with a mouse.
    If reporters would show even a little respect for him, I’m sure he’d be more open and forthcoming….to a point…he still wants his competitive advantage.

For the sake of full disclosure, below is the full quote. Not just the first part of it AK decided to go with. Not quite as boring a guy if you read the whole quote. AK, give the guy some credit.

“I sat in a chair. My wife, son-in-law, daughter. My son was home from college; went back today. I didn’t do much. I watched the finish of that (San Diego-New York Jets) game. I was in bed by 10 after nine doing the happy dance with Mrs Childress. Cracked open a Colt 45 and ummmm, well..ummm ran up the score…. She is a real wild one!”

Haters. Your a Chilly hater AK!

or perhaps…You’re

6. Tomb... says:

Ol’ Chilly dog has definitely grown on me. His dry humor and weird quotes crack me up.

Speaking of haters, Sir Francis is one bitter S.O.B. He should just shut his piehole, methinks.

From PFT:

Tarkenton still doesn’t like Favre in purple
    Posted by Mike Florio on January 20, 2010 9:23 AM ET
    In the weeks before Brett Favre emerged from retirement for a second time and signed with the Vikings, former Minnesota quarterback Fran Tarkenton made it clear that he opposes the move.

“I think it’s despicable,” Tarkenton told 790 The Zone in Atlanta (via the Minneapolis Star Tribune) in May 2009. “What he put the Packers through last year was not good. Here’s an organization that was loyal to him for 17, 18 years, provided stability of organization, provided players. It just wasn’t about Brett Favre. In this day and time, we have glorified the Brett Favre’s of the world so much, they think it’s about them. He goes to New York and bombs. He’s 39 years old. How would you like Ray Nitschke in his last year [playing for] the Vikings, or I retire, and go play for the Packers? I kind of hope it happens, so he can fail.”

With Favre only two wins away from a level of success that Fran never enjoyed, Tarkenton is sticking to his guns.

“I didn’t like it then — he’s a Green Bay Packer — and I don’t like it now,” Tarkenton told Boomberg.com on Tuesday. “I could never imagine me retiring from the Vikings and playing for the Packers. So, it didn’t sit well with me and it still doesn’t.”

It definitely won’t sit well with Tarkenton if Favre can do in one season what Fran couldn’t in 13.

That said, Tarkenton realizes that Brett is playing at a very high level.

“I’m just amazed,” Tarkenton said. “This is the best he has ever played. He’s throwing like he’s 25 years old. He’s moving around like he’s 25 years old. It’s unheard of. No quarterback in the history of time — we all break down over the age of 35 — [Johnny] Unitas, [John] Elway, [Dan] Marino, [Joe] Montana, Tarkenton, [Roger] Staubach, we’ve never seen this happen ever, ever before, so it’s remarkable.”

Yes, it is remarkable. But while most Vikings fans gradually have embraced Favre as the best quarterback the franchise has had since Tarkenton (or possibly ever), we don’t think Fran will ever come around.

Especially if Brett soon is hoisting from the floor of Sun Life Stadium the silver trophy that Fran never touched.

7. Tomb... says:

Francis then went on to say, “any of you ‘homos’ touch my stuff, I’ll kill you.”