First Attempt: 2010 Big Board

The Vikings have the 30th selection in this year’s draft and thus I thought it may be fitting to give a list of who I think are the top 30 prospects in the draft, in order of who I think the Vikings should pick.  In theory, if my board looked anything like the Vikings real board then they would take the top player still available to them when they select.

The board will be updated somewhat regularly now that the Combine is under way and team needs should start to solidify even more.  To check for updates to all offseason material, then click the “2010 Offseason Tracker” tab at the top of this page.

Here is my first 2010 Big Board (Vikings specific):

25 Daryl Washington, MLB, TCU
26 Nate Allen, FS, South Florida
27 Mike Johnson, OG, Alabama
28 Taylor Mays, SS, USC
29 Brandon Spikes, MLB, Florida
30 Maurkice Pouncey, G/C, Florida

16 Responses to “First Attempt: 2010 Big Board”

No Tebow? I see you moved Pouncey up 10 spots, what gives? I thought you disagreed with Kiper on him.

Johnny, don’t confuse this with a mock draft, this is simply a draft board based ont he Vikings roster. With Pouncey at #30 the Vikings should be drafting someone higher on my lsit than him. Notice I only have one WR ahead of Pouncey, but more than one WR will probably get drafted ahead of the Vikings. Trent Williams is another guy I don’t have on the Vikings top 30 (because he is a RT only) but will probably go in the top 30.

See what I’m saying?

And Adam, where can I go to find Mayocks draft board. I think he’s the best, next to you of course.

3. Tomb... says:

Sadly, I don’t think any of this matters. It has just been relayed to me that the actor who played Boner on Growing Pains has been missing for weeks now.

This is clearly one of the 7 Signs of The Apocalypse.

Now, if somehow he is found, and our impending disaster is narrowly averted, then I will make this bold and unwavering prediction:

Clausen = bust.
    Bradford = future Pro Bowler.

Write that down, and put it in your pocket. Next time you make a bank run to deposit checks, go ahead and confidently slip them the note. That baby’s pure gold.

4. Tomb... says:

Interesting, Scout.Com has Donovan Warren listed as the 9th best CB in the draft, you have him as 2nd. That’s a fairly drastic difference.

I mean, not as drastic as Al Davis taking the 70th ranked Safety in the draft in the second round, but still interesting.

Often times I will answer stuff like this without confiedence and step out of the way… but scout.com is flat out wrong here… I’m sure of it.

(they also do not update their boards very often and I suspect he’ll move up a bit as we get closer.)

• Tomb... says:

I told scout.com what you said.

They want to meet you behind the school at 3:15.

Bring it!

Warren is going to be a very solid corner. The thing that sets him apart is his tackling prowess. He’s also one of those rare corners whose size does not affect his speed… he’s going to be a VERY good corner at the next level.

• Tomb... says:

What do you think of Bleacher Report’s brief little statement?:

“Minnesota hopes Mays or any other safety can play CB opposite Winfield. With Haden off the board, it is real tough for Minnesota to pull the trigger on Donovan Warren over this potentially great player Taylor Mays.”

Again… flat out wrong. Mays a corner? He can’t even cover adequatley as a safety.

Mays is NOT the answer for the Vikings as he lacks coverage skills and takes poor angles. When he does make the hit it is often a HUGE hit, but that works less often in the NFL and he needs to do a better job of wrapping up.

Mays has more potential to bust than to be great despite his outstanding measureables. It is possible he’ll be the best option available when the Vikings draft, but that means Warren has already been selected.

Instead of Mays playing CB until Griffin returns, how about Warren playing CB until Griffin returns and then taking over at safety…

he has the size and skill set, but he’s smarter and more tlaented than Mays.

5. basyenhasia says:

???? ??? ?????????? ?????? ? ??????????? ??????????? ??????-??????, ??????? ?????? ????????, ????????, ???????? ????????, ? ??????? ?? ??? ? ??? ?? ????? – ?? ?????? ?? ??????! http://partner-dekor.ru
    ??????????? ???????? «??????? ?????» ?????? ??? ???????????????? ?????? ? ???? ???????? ????.
    ???????????? ????? ???????? ????????, ?????????????? ??????? ????????? ?????, ??????? ? ?????????? ??????-???????, ?????????? ??????????? ????????. ???????????? ???????? ??????????? ????????? ????? ???????? ?? ???????????? ?? ?? ???????, ????????, ? ????????? ????? ? ??????. ???? ?? ?????????????? ??????????????? ????????, ? ??? ????? ?????, ???? ?? ????? ??????????????? ?? ?????????? ?????? ?????.
    ???? ????????? ??????? ? ???????? ? ????????????? ??????? ? ?????????????, ? ????? ?????????? ????????? ??????. ??? ?? ???????? ??????? ????? ?? ?????????? ?????????, ??????? ?????????? ???? ?????? ? ???????, ??? ??? ? ?????????????, ??????? ??? ??? ???? ???????????.
    ????? ???? ???????? ?????????? ??????? ?????? ????? ?? ?????????? ?????????.
    ?????? ? ????? ????, ?????????? ???? ??? ?????????? ?? ???? ???????????? ??????? ?? ??????????, ??????, ?????????? ? ????????? ???????, ? ?????, ???????, ????-?????? ? ?????? ?????? ???????? ????? ?????????????? ????????.
    ?? ?????????? ???????? ???? ?????, ? ????? ?????? ????????????? ???????? ? ???????????? ??????????. ??????, ??????? ?? ??????????, ????? ???????????? ?? ????? ??????????? ?????????? ?? ?????????.
    http://partner-dekor.ru – ????? ????

6. maerkathtny says:

If you have a website, and you have a great product to sell, your main concern is to get your website to the point where you make money from it. How can you make money if your site is not getting any traffic?

It used to be hard to get traffic to your site. You had increasing web site traffic to spend a ton of money to get your website set up to take the orders, and then another bunch of money to get traffic to your website. You don’t have to do that anymore. Why not? I have a powerful, effective technique that if followed will guarantee your hit counter will exploded, and just in 15 minutes.

I created a 15 minute five-step process that will catapult your hit counter. It will be like looking at your electric meter when you run the air conditioner. The only difference, the counter that is turning is your hit counter. And this means a heavy amount of traffic to your site. And do you know what happens when you get a heavy amount of traffic to your site? If your sales copy is written properly, you will gain a ton of sales. Isn’t that what you want? Isn’t that why you built your website for to begin with?

Why have a non-productive website when it can be making untold amount of money for you. All you need to start it is by getting traffic to your site. And I solved that problem for you as well. Take a look at my super powerful program and you will find your hits skyrocket to the roof, even within 15 minutes free web site traffic.

I know it works because I have a friend who owns three websites. He wasn’t’t seeing much traffic to any of them. As such, he wasn’t’t making any money. When he tried my super powerful program, not only did his traffic increase to all his websites, but he also started making tons of money. If he can do it so can you.

Don’t waste another day watching your hit counter slowly increase when you can watch your hit counter turn at the speed of light targeted web site traffic .