A Bump In Price For Season Ticket Holders

I’m not sure how many of the people visiting this site are season ticket holders, but if you do have season tickets then you may be interested to learn that the price just went up.

Not by much, however.

For season ticket holders, the price will go up by four to five dollars per game.  Considering that the Vikings have long been one of the more affordable NFL teams to see live, this is not too bad of a hike.  The hike is easily justified by what will surely be an increase in demand as a result of a very successful 2009 season and the possible presence of Brett Favre on the roster.

“While we could not realistically duplicate the flat pricing structure of last season, we wanted to make the increase as minimal as possible to acknowledge the commitment of our season-ticket owners,” chief marketing officer Steve LaCroix told the Star Tribune. “We wanted to continue one of the NFL’s lowest priced season-ticket offerings at $29 per game, while keeping nearly 9,000 tickets priced the same or less.”

Prices have not yet been announced for single game tickets which will go on sale in the summer months.

23 Responses to “A Bump In Price For Season Ticket Holders”

1. Wick Wickman says:

Got no problem with it. Got to pay to see da boys play.

2. coolio says:

Adam what do you think of antrell rolle( spelling might be wrong). He was released by the cardinals

While Rolle is a big name that seems attractive… I have trouble endorsing any player that was a part of the Cardinals defense during their 2009 playoff run where they gave up 90 points in two games.

Rolle only managed 11 tackles in those two games.

He has a nice ability to pick off passes (12 in 5 seasons) but his 16 missed tackles in 2009 are more than any player on the Vikings 2009 roster… including our two safeties.

In short… no, I’m not a huge fan of spending the money it would require to bring him in. He will demand quite a bit of it, and for the Vikings it is better spent elsewhere. The Vikings defense calls for safeties and corners to be reliable tacklers and not playmakers.

Rolle is a playmaker… but not really a realiable tackler.

• c.carterhof says:

Good answer Adam.

• CO Vike Fan says:

Rolle and Sharper are in the same category, not a good fit for this defense. I remember a guy named Lynch that was pretty darn good in cover 2, seems he could hit and never missed a tackle.

Hey CC. I gotta agree on Rolle. When he misses more tackles than the safeties we already have, that’s bad.

Anybody seen Coach or Tomb? It’s strange they havent been around.

5. Ole says:

Johnny, I blame Tony Pants for the disappearance of Tomb and Grant.

I just spotted Pants walking down the street whistlin’ and carrying a shovel. Not good.

Ole, I figured you would blame ABV for it. Good to see you blame somebody else. But come to think of it ABV has disappeared as well. Do you think Tony Pantless has taken her as well?

6. LMNinMN says:

I like how they forget to mention that there are tickets out there that are even less than $29 per game. This will be my 11th season in my obstructed view seats that I pay $204 a season for…both seats. That’s the only price I have ever paid for them, and didn’t get charged extra when I bought them again for next year.

And no, obstructed view isn’t that bad. About 5 yards of the field is obscured, but you have the ability to move because they don’t sell the seat next to you (added bonus: Place to put your winter coat!)

7. […] couple of links for you from The Vikings Gab today. The first reporting on the small price rise to Vikings Season Tickets, and the second covering a Donorschoose which the Gab are supporting, which is trying to raise $579 […]

8. Ronald Flaxton says:

Now you all just leave Tony Pants alone! He is a good boy and a really good blogger. Nobody knows more about Transformers and stuff. Mister Ole Oahu is a really bad man!!!!

9. coolio says:

if inclined not to beleive a guy named ronald flaxton. I idint know about the 16 missed tackles. Is this draft bretty good for safetys because we need one. Nobody seems to adress it in mock drafts for the vikings. Its only cbs(agreed) and o-lineman(semi agreed)

10. Ronald Flaxton says:

Whould you be more inclined to believe James Patterson or Hoppy or Jerkpepper? Bwaaaha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h aha h ah ah aha

Go Vikings draft Tebow.

Viking won’t be revealing their RFA tenders until Thursday at 10:59 p.m. RFA list includes Ryan Cook; Ray Edwards; Eric Frampton; Freddie the Felon Evans; T-Jax; and Naufahu Tahi.

Say, isn’t that about the time that Lord Favre makes his long awaited Leno appearance? Meanwhile Tiger has announced he’s resuming practising. I suppose we’re just supposed to believe this is all coincidence….

12. If you’re in uncomfortable position and have no money to go out from that, you will require to take the personal loans. Because it should help you emphatically. I get sba loan every year and feel myself OK just because of that.

Geesh, anybody home tonight? Just saw Big Pat on Vikings Weekly and he told Ann Carroll he wants to play 2 more years. Good news I believe. He actually sounded pretty motivated.

Wow. Vike have extended the RFA tenders.

Lost is now shocked and confused.

And 3rd round tender for Tjack. I like that one.

Somewhat suspected Sage was the effective back up but the third round tender is telling. Vike must have tried to generate interest in T_Jax in the past and the market did not develop.

I’ve always thought T-Jax could move up to starter for Vike and play well. T-Jax did this in second half of 2008. Vike just placed the career backup tag on him.

Damn, no tender for Paymah.