Thanks For The Great Year!

Today marks my one year anniversary of when I began working for/with the Sports Gab Network here at Vikings Gab.

It all started with a tribute to Heath Farwell and it has been all downhill from there (just kiddin’) and 757 articles later I’m wondering why I ever signed up for this job (still just kiddin’).

In all seriousness, this gig has been a great experience and I am very thankful to Matt Loede and Sujeet Patel for giving such an opportunity.  I am also grateful for Chris, Aaron, Todd, and all the other great bloggers I have met along the way.

Most of all, I am thankful to the readers of this site.  You guys are the best on the net, and that’s a fact.

As we continue to grow (January shattered all previous records for traffic to the site) I want you all to know that I remain committed to finding ways to make VG better each and every day.

So, if you please, I invite you to tag along for an even better year here at Vikings Gab as we all blog about the Vikings 2010 Super Bowl run… and victory!

Thanks again everyone!

25 Responses to “Thanks For The Great Year!”

Happy anniversary Adam. This is the best site around and I know we all appreciate your hard work. I for one will be here as long as you continue to put up with me.

Adam,I agree with Johnny, #1 Guy that put his heart into his work. As long as you write here, I’ll be here.

#1 Readers for sure.

Happy Anniversary Adam!!!

Good evening Charlie. I just put the pencil to the amount of articles Adam did in the last year and it amounts to 63 a month. Now that’s dedication for sure.

#1 readers is right! Thanks PC!

63 a month! Geez, your math just made me reconsider my life Johnny… or lack thereof 😉

3. Ole says:

Congrats Adam! Keep up the good work.

Party at Tony Pants’ place next week. Everybody meet at Tonys van that he lives in down by the river

Nobody posts on VikingGab anymore.

(Its too crowded).

Congratulations Adam.

And thanks for all you work!

Vikings sign Rhys Lloyd.

7. Fran the Man says:

One year anniversary??
    No way, seems more like 10 years we’ve had to put up with your blather.

Ha! Congratulations Adam, you do a wonderful job.
    Ok, party at Tony’s, I’ll bring the government cheese.

Fran, I think you need to take Tony out on a hunting trip and forget to bring him back. The bears are hungry this time of year.

Yes, that reminds me of the old joke, Fran:

“I’ve been married for 8 wonderful years… 4 total.”

My old english teacher used to say that, haha.

Thanks for putting up with me, Fran 🙂

Johnny, still a couple of months until the bears come out up this way… just ask Frans, I’m assuming he got slammed with snow just like I did… Avalanches have me cut off from the outside world.

To: Fred’s old Pal AKs and the Vikings Gab
    From: Your old pal Freds
    Subject: Vikings Gab One year anniversary

Thank you for the one year of solid service to your Viking pals. So much fun in the first year. Fred’s fondest memory was the implementation of live game day chats. Fred understands this draws away from your actual enjoyment of the game, so, well…ummm,,, get a Beta recorder or something and watch it later. Those chats are the bomb! Freds is hoping next year you incorporate web cam video!! How great would it be to see Johnny throwing crap at the TV during the game and climbing out on the ledge of his home ready to jump each time Childo makes a bad call? Or watching Coach Bud struggling to stay awake during the game wearing that same 30 year old purple, game day plaid shirt with the mustard stains on the pocket while sitting in his Lazy Boy chair. Or Krugs wasting company time surfing the web instead of selling some wheels on game day, or that old cane swinging Norwegian Don Hoe looking Ole bitching and moaning in real time that the Viking game isn’t on his TV out there in paradise so he’s relegated to a web feed where he’s 10 plays behind everyone else on the chat.

As usual, Fred got derailed from his original thought. AKs, thanks for doing what you do, we enjoy you and your talent very much. Also, thanks to your lovely bride for allowing you to spend way too much on here keeping us in the know.

And finally as Freds reflects back on the year, he would like to apologize to all of the pals Fred has insulted this past year. He’d like to say he will stop, but we all know, Fred is much too shallow for that.

Signed,

Your old pal Freds

Wow, what a nice letter. A few things:

1. Memo style? I hope this doesn’t become mandatory in the comments section.

2. The live chats will live on when possible. Sunday Ticket will be introduced to my hosuehold next season so there should be no problems there.

3. We’ll get a taste of more live chats on days 2 & 3 of the draft.

4. Hmmm… web cam chats? I’d probably have to put the PG-13 disclaimer in larger font.

5. I’ll pass the message along to Mrs. Warwas as soon as I write another 63 articles 🙂

6. apologize? Nah! You’re the man!

Thanks Freds!

9. krugjr says:

congrats, Adam……..freds said it all…and with all the class of an Oscar winning acceptance speech……not that there’s anything wrong with that!!!!!

thanks, Ole, for putting me in touch with Adam and “the gang”……gonna be a lot of fun again this year!

GO VIKES!!!!!

10. Dan K. says:

Happy 1 year. This is such a sweet site

11. Another Blonde Viking says:

Happy Anniversary, Adam! I’ve had a good time checking in here for some fun and football. Thanks for giving us the space–you do good work!

Hello, Everybody! I don’t know how you all feel, but it’s already been too long without football!

Bring on Training Camp!