RUMOR: L.T. To Pick The Jets

Just a little while ago, Kevin Seifert at ESPN stated that Ladanian Tomlinson would be having dinner with Jets officials this evening and spend the night in New York.

Then, a few minutes later, PFT passed along a “strong” rumor that Tomlinson has made up his mind and will soon become the newest member of the Jets.

Which leaves me wondering why I paid so much attention to this story… hours that I could have spent, I don’t know, talking to my wife or playing Madden.

35 Responses to “RUMOR: L.T. To Pick The Jets”

Adam, Between LT and Jimmy, There’s nothing else going on… That has something to do with it…

Better time spent with Mrs.Warwas…Heck with LT and Jimmy!!!

It looks to me like LT was using us to get a better offer from the Jets. Or maybe Childo scared him away. Well when he gets hurt in training camp, we’ll thank our lucky stars and be happy we have Al Young.

3. krugjr says:

all of the rumors are coming from one source…….LT’s agent’s cell phone!

GO VIKES!!!!!

Yahoooooooooooooooooooo! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Johnnys,

Do you think LyonsPatrica21 is fat?

6. krugjr says:

johnny…….”they” say it’s all about the role….I still say it’s all about the money, because this is LT’s last contract, and it will be heavy front loaded…….they left MN, rumors said he was “wowed”……now the rumors are “close to signing” in NY……agent’s gonna be on the phone tonight and all day tomorrow with the classic back & forth bidding war……Wilfs are from NY, maybe don’t want to lose to a NYer…….main reason agent may squeeze the Wilfs is if LT’s biggest question is,”What if I sign and Brett doesn’t come back?” All of LT’s quotes tell me it’s ALL ABOUT THE MONEY! so ya, smokescreens all around

GO VIKES!!!!!

Nothing about LT ,But Fargas has been to the Chiefs, Browns and now the Eagles, No contract, Do you think maybe he can’t play???

I still think Fargas would be a grand addition… not sure what is wrong that he hasn’t got a contract though.

Maybe he is tired of being stuck on a crappy team and doesn’t want to play for the Chiefs or Browns unless they back the money truck up to his house.

Charlie, it looks like Fargas should be a helluva bargain about now. That guy just runs hard. I cant find anywhere the downside to him.

• Purple Charlie says:

Johnny, Out of the FA RB’s left, He is about the only one I care if they sign…

Our RB’s and a draft pick are looking better at this point…

John McClain is one of my favorite writers. Doesn’t pull his punches.

Look, Viking not signing Houshmandzadeh was a huge key to last season. Having Vike 1st choice sign w/ Jet can only add intrigue and drama to the ’10 Offense. With Harvin as an option should we be all that concerned?

9. Adam Warwas says:

I agree with Freds.

With that being siad, plenty of teams seem to be solidifying their backfields. I think talented RB’s are destined to fall in this draft like never before. Great value in the draft if L.T. doesn’t work out.

Absolute worst case scenario… Peterson spelled by combination of Harvin, Young, and Ian Johnson… many teams would kill to be in our situation at RB.

Adam, our worst case scenario looks pretty damn good to me too. All the more reason not to overpay for LT. Although the top brass would like to feast on LTs star power. Selling jerseys and tickets is one of their main focuses.

10. Adam Warwas says:

“I agree with Freds about Harvin’s use.”

Geez, I can’t type worth a crap today… incomplete thoughts, run on sentences, mis spelled names, more incomplete thou…

11. Joe says:

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. krugjr says:

I think Spielman’s got it handled…..if LT’s a “value”, then bring him on……..if it’s a bidding war….NY, or anybody else, can have him because we don’t NEED him….our talent and the draft and we be jus fine!!!!!

maybe Chilly’s quote about LT’s agent was right on!

GO VIKES!!!!!

13. Fozz44 says:

Would that make Leon Washington a target?

14. Ted Brown #23 says:

L.T. sign with the Vikes, come on board son.Superbowl contenders for real. Hell, the Jets own coach didn’t think they would make the playoffs last year. Plus we have a roof over our heads in Nov. and Dec. The Vikings are your best shot at a superbowl title. A.P. + L.T. = S.B.C!!