More Unfounded Edwards Rumors

Before I start, let me say that this can be filed under the “heard it from a guy who hear it from a guy who says somebody said it on ESPN” part of the rumor mill.

Apparently, however, the Atlanta Falcons are another team that is possibly interested in signing restricted free agent Ray Edwards to an offer sheet.

The Eagles and Saints have also been rumored to be interested, but the Falcons have the 19th pick in the first round and are clearly the most attractive suitor so far.

The Eagles are probably no longer interested since they recently traded for and gave a new contract to Darryl Tapp.

8 Responses to “More Unfounded Edwards Rumors”

1. Ted Brown #23 says:

No way Ray Edwards is a freakin Monster!! He has to stay>

I think Ray is good, but that #19 would be sweet. And Robison is good, maybe just needs a shot at fulltime.

And welcome to the Gab Ted!

3. Agent 13 says:

I would take the #19 pick for Edwards in a heartbeat. As c. caterhof said, Robison is a good player, and there is no reason to believe he can’t step up and do just at well with probowl defensive line we have.

You always want to sell high and buy low, and I think the value of Edwards has peaked.

4. Viking John says:

Defensive ends are hard to come by. I would rather keep Ray Ray. Some examples come to mind as Derick Harvey, Chris Long, Vernon Gholston, J Anderson, etc. I would rather keep a guy we have that is fair to good, rather than trying to draft one to replace him.
    Go Vikes

VJ,

Ray Edwards under 1 year contract = I disagree with you.

Ray Edwards under 6 year contract = I agree with you.

If the Vikings think they’ll only get one more year out of edwards before he jumps ship in free agency then they should for sure take the pick.

5. Wick Wickman says:

Got no problem with it. Mitchell can do what he do. Take the pick and make it count. Got no problem with it.