Hats Off To Childress (And Reid)

reid & chili

Brad Childress is an easy target for hack bloggers (anybody know one?) due to his rambling streams of consciousness, cross dressing ways, terrible metaphors, SUV driving skills, and game day decisions.

Last year I may have even poked a little fun when he and Andy Reid decided to go salmon fishing in Alaska while his franchise was in the midst of making arguably their most historic acquisition ever in Brett Favre.

This year, however, Childress and Reid have chosen a vacation destination that should remain joke free and even demands quite a bit of respect.

Childress and Reid appear to be heading overseas on the NFL’s USO Coaches Tour to visit our troops.  These USO tours are a great way to show appreciation and boost morale for those stationed overseas.  Here is a tip of that to you, Coach Childress, for recognizing the importance of this type of service.

Let’s just hope the troops don’t decide to greet him in groups of twelve men… okay, one joke is permissible right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

33 Responses to “Hats Off To Childress (And Reid)”

I just hope he dresses right and doesnt bable a bunch of stupid metaphors, they might open fire on him.

Adam, Yes it is permissible, Childress brings the jokes on himself…

Adam, I just clicked on AV, why I dont know, but looks like old Judd copied your post on Vikings picks. Maybe he’s getting a little jealous of you?

No, he didn’t copy it… the NFL sent out a presser with the full order today.

The issue is that it is wrong. The Vikes get the 29th pick in the third round because Washington used their 3rd rounder in last year’s supplemental draft, thus forfeiting this year’s third rounder.

I emailed him to let him know.

Adam, you posted that yesterday. So at least Judd is a little tardy. I just saw his post and it looked alot like your post yesterday. Except yours was correct.

You know me, I have the utmost respect for Judd… one of the true greats in Vikings coverage.

Ya he is connected in the organization but some of us, especially Fran, have a deep rooted dislike for the guy.

• Fran the Man says:

BigJ, I don’t really have a “deep rooted dislike” for Judd, just greatly disappointed in him in the way he pulled the plug on the old AV. He dissed & abandoned about 50 loyal readers when he could have easily not done so.
        Oh well, that got Adam’s Viking Gab 50 new fans, so obviously things have a way of working out.
        Plus, Judd is a Packer fan (Seriously), so I never really trusted him anyway. . .

• Purple Charlie says:

Fran, I knew he wasn’t a Vikings fan, But I didn’t know he was a Packer fan…

No thanks…

Let’s hope Childo keeps a lid on that dome of his, we wouldn’t want him to come home with a burn. Let’s also hope the USO packs double rations of MREs for Coach Reid. mmmmmm, good eatin’.

Fred wonders if Chilly’s son has been deployed yet? If so, let’s hope he has a chance to connect with his boy. That would be a great gift to both of them.

Freds, Childo has a son in the military? I didnt catch that. All I heard about is the one with the two DUIs.

Hi Johnnys –

He has a 19 year old son, Andrew that joined the Marines back in December.

Basic training is 13 weeks or so, he is probably about done with basic.

That’s nice, I didn’t know about the 19 year old son either, Hope they can hook up too.

Hopefully the other son will wake up someday…

Charlie, I dont know about you, but I have a great amount of respect for our men and women in uniform and the folks that support them. My opinion of Childo just went up a notch.

Nice of you to ask. Much to tell, but probably not the place to do it. He is recovering well as far a I can tell from so far away. I am lucky enough to speak to him daily. His group has been sent into the mountains of Afgahnistan, he did not join them. It appears when the Army is done patching him up, he will receive a medical discharge and come home.

Freds, I’m glad he’s ok. Well coming home anyway. Would love to shake his hand someday and thank him for his service. Guys like him, and not the jackasses in the government, make me proud to be an American.

8. Ole says:

maybe the U.S. Military is gonna use some “Chillisms” as a means of psy-ops warfare against the Taliban

put him a a Stewardess uniform and have him broadcast his famous “thowing rocks in a river” analogy. The enemy will either quit or move to Wisconsin

• Fragile Freds says:

Oles –

I believe our current “tax and spend”, jibber jabberer of a president ran on the no torture platform. As effective as the secret weapon you describe would be, Nobama wouldn’t allow it.

Freds, I for one do not think waterboarding is torture and anyone who disagrees, just check out John McCains story of being a POW.

9. Ole says:

thanks to your son for his service to our country Freds. Hope all is well

Ole, I cant beleive you didnt crash Bobos motorcade when you had the chance. By the way did you find the birth certificate yet?

Wisconsin sounds like a good spot…

Freds, You must be very proud of your son, I wish him the very best…

I too am Grateful and Thankful of our Service people, As I have said in the past, They are my hero’s.

Freds, How old is your son???

Amen, Freddie. It will be a relief to get him home

14. Fran the Man says:

Freds, I must have missed the post (I miss alot of them!) about you having a son in the military. Here’s to speedy recovery for him and hardy THANK YOU!

Thank you to all of Freds pals, you are very kind.

Unless the Vikes lose, then the “kind” thing goes out the window! For good reason of course!

16. coolio says:

Freds tell your son thanks for me. Don’t send them to WI. I’m there!