Quote Of The Week: Ooops Edition

When Roger Goodell was asked about his decision to “fine” Bryant McKinnie for not showing up to Pro Bowl events he responded by saying it wasn’t his decision and that it may be hard to believe but he doesn’t deal with everything NFL related.

Then he went on to say:

But obviously when we have an NFL event, we want everyone to participate in it as they are obligated to do. It’s part of their contract. It’s part of their obligation.

Why is that quote worthy of  “Quote of the Week” status?

Well, lets just say that Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, and their lawyer would love to know why Roger feels Bryant McKinnie is a league employee obligated to appear at league events when he just got done trying to win the StarCaps trial by stating the exact opposite.

Ooops.

17 Responses to “Quote Of The Week: Ooops Edition”

Interesting angle here. McKinnie got off with a light League sanction for blowing off the ProBowl. Vike took no action.

Stronger League penalty might have demonstrated League’s real authority.

2. Jerkpepper says:

Trade McKinnie and a first round pick for Hank Baskett. Trading Baskett for Bill McMuffin was the worst trade in the history of people. 1,520 horribles and 28 terribles. That trade might even be worst than Bones is but I will have to think about that.

Does the word arrogant even begin to describe Roger Goodell?

4. Norseman66 says:

Is the draft here yet??? Please!! Anything!!

Norse, Yeah it is pretty dead in the water right now, The draft can’t come soon enough…

6. Norseman66 says:

Man, I hear ya. I really hate this time of year when free agency winds down and the time before the draft. It’s 5-6 weeks of pure boredom. I wonder what’s going to happen with McNabb? I read the Raiders were possibly interested. Isn’t that the place where careers go to die!?

• Purple Charlie says:

I heard the Raiders, Bills and Rams, Nobody is going to own up to it…

Maybe a little twist come draft day???

7. Coolio says:

No that’s the lions

• Norseman66 says:

Sorry Coolio,
      I always get those two mixed up. You have to agree, it’s hard to tell those two teams apart except for the fact that the Lions at least have a starting caliber QB and an owner that’s, let say….not a few pickles short of a full barrel.

Adam, please find us some news. I dont care if it’s just rumors or your opinions. I cant find squat.

If Favre does retire, we need McNabb.

I say Vikes know Favre is gonna be back. Otherwise it is insane to let McNabb get away.

If not, then if Im Chilly I call Reid. Say “Hey old buddy, give me 3 weeks before you do anything”. Then I tell old Bert he has 3 weeks.

10. Jerkpepper says:

Lack of Viking news + Judd Zulgad is horrible + Tan Ghost – Bones and HOPPY are terrible + Billy McMuffin is now making McMuffins + loading rail cars is a horrible career choice = trade a first round pick for Hank Baskett