Got Anymore Questions?

Well, it is another weekend.  And putting aside all the pre-Draft speculation about the Vikings targeting Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy, there is very little going on right now.

So, for about the fifth weekend in a row, I’d like to open it up to you guys.

If you have questions for me about anything, post them in this section and I’ll be happy to answer them.

12 Responses to “Got Anymore Questions?”

Adam, what’s your gut feeling on which teams move up in the draft and which ones move down.

Is there a case to be made that our greatest needs are anywhere other than OL and CB, and if that is true, will those be the first two selections by the Vikes?

3. starrS10 says:

What is the average airspeed velocity of an unlaiden swallow?

I got this one for ya, Adam…

The average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour.

You’re welcome.

4. Norseman66 says:

Do you think the Vikes should address their LB corps this year with Leber getting up there in age and EJ who can’t seem to stay healthy? If so, then with whom other than the previously post on Rennie Curran?

5. SupaScout says:

I have long held the position that God hates the Minnesota Vikings, As revealed through their 0-4 Super bowl record. I have a few theories about this.
    1) They are named after barbarian invaders who killed and pillaged their way across Europe, the Mediterranean and North America.
    2) They are the only classy team in the NFL and they have a cult like following.
    3) They were lead by a near god like man for 18 years by the name of Bud Grant, and once a year I pray that he returns to lead the Vikings again.
    Do you have any theories on this subject?

On the all time Viking team, who should be starting DE’s?
    I say Eller and Marshall, my buddy says Eller and Doleman.

I agree with you c.c, because Doleman was too much single dimension. For my money, he did not play the run well enough, and I felt he really hurt us there at times. He put up some great pass rush numbers, but CE and JM did the same WITH good run D as well.

7. 44for the hall says:

Anyone, who’s your favorite lesser known Viking? For example Rick Fenney or Chris Walsh. My pick is Robert Griffith. Who’s ability not to catch an interception has been passed on to the current generation of Viking safeties; to bad his ability to make a tackle has not. For what it’s worth my brother liked Joey Browner. Anyway just making conversation.
    My brother chose Doleman; it’s hard to argue with 21 sacks in a season. I remember what a bust he was initially when they tried him a OLB. I chose Marshall. I’m partial to the Purple People Eaters myself. Would you count H.O.F.er J. Randle or K. Williams. Both were listed at DE at points in their Viking careers.

Not sure of the definition of lesser known, but I was always a big Jeff Siemon fan, 44. And for a short period of time, Joe Sensor was one very tough tight end. In the longer run of tight ends, Steve Craig was pretty reliable and effective. Those would be in my favorites, and I would add Wally Hilgenberg as well. That guy just flat out did his job quietly and efficiently.

Steve Craig? Thats a good one Coach. I feel like I know our Vikes past pretty well, but I had to look that one up.

My favorite- Mo Williams, loved his toughness and versatility. He could block, run, catch, tackle, and did it with all he had. My kind of player.

10. Ron says:

I think you have to go with Tebow if he’s still available #30. CB’s and LB’s are always going to be there in future rounds, take a chance at #30, if he’s there he’ll be the best ‘football player’ on the board.