Ten Days Away, Ten Questions Today

The NFL Draft is only ten days away and Mrs. Warwas will be ecstatic when it is over so that I actually speak with her about other, more important things.

With only ten days to go, however, I thought it would be fun to ask ten questions of you all, and see if the voting results yield any interesting trends.

Lets call it “market research.”

73 Responses to “Ten Days Away, Ten Questions Today”

Adam, I see you didnt include OT on the first round priority. Seems to me we have very littlr depth there. And no, Cook signing his tender doesnt count.

That’s a good point, but I haven’t heard too many people stating that should be a top priority in round 1. Judging from the results thus far, cornerback still would’ve dominated the voting.

2. Norseman66 says:

There are things more important than the draft???

• Purple Charlie says:

10 Days Norse!!! 10 Days!!! Yeah!!!

• Norseman66 says:

Yeah I know!!!! It’s like being a kid all over again and waiting to see what presents will be under your tree on Christmas morning!!! Just hope somebody doesn’t wrap up their cat! (Christmas Vacation)

Norse, to Mr. Warwas, no. To Mrs. Warwas… yes πŸ™

• Norseman66 says:

Gotcha, my wife knows that during the Draft days I’ll be a basket case anyways, so she has just accepted the fact that this is my time of the year (2-3 days) that is mine and I have a “get out of jail free card”. Plus, likewise like Mrs Warwas, she can’t until it’s over so I can get back to the other matters at hand. They should make the NFL draft a national holiday. Anyone for signing a petition?

Nah, my Mrs. is actually pretty great about the whole thing. She loves football and loves that I love football.

We do have a baby on the way in september (I don’t think I’ve let you all know that yet) so of course there are more important matters Is hould perhaps be spending some time on πŸ™‚

The draft isn’t a national holiday? Hmm….

• Norseman66 says:

Hey Congrats!!!! Is it your first?? If it is, I’ll send ya both of mine 6 yr old boy, 9yr old girl, to give ya’ll some experience!!! We need to pursue that Draft National Holiday item also….

Thanks Norse… yup, its the first! Pretty stoked actually.

Too bad I already named the dog Percy… πŸ™‚

• Norseman66 says:

Sydney sounds good, plus it fits for a boy or girl! Just a thought.

That’s true! But I won’t consider it until he signs a 6 year contract extension, haha.

• Norseman66 says:

Okay, I’ll work on that for ya. I’ll put a post on his blog explaining what’s at stake here and how he should be a team player and sign an extension with the Vikings. Hey it’s worth a shot!

3. Dan K. says:

Great questions!

4. Norseman66 says:

Adam,

Just read that Jason Campbell signed his tender today about a week after when he said he was going to stay away for the Redskins OTA’s and facilities. Trade upcoming soon? Your thoughts on that.

Yeah, he’ll be dealt soon.

Campbell will have trouble finding a team willing to make him an instant starter. Keep an eye on the Niners.

Don’t expect the Vikes to jump into the race.

5. TW11 says:

Should’ve been an option ‘PLEASE trade all the 5 of them’ on the draft dat trade poll.

6. coolio says:

Norseman he still wants a trade he has said even though he saigned the tender.

Vikes vs. Jets Super Bowl Next Year

Vikes 27-24

• Norseman66 says:

Coolio,

He has to sign his tender for him to be traded, otherwise he really is not under contract. I’m sure he’ll be traded, it’s just a matter of to whom.

Adam or anyone know who the probowl RB is that’s on the trading block as reported at PFT?

Yahooo, Yipeeeeee! 10 more days and I have a presentation to the Board of Directors!

SHEEEEEEEEESH.

9. Norseman66 says:

Adam,

Going back to your “market research” polls, I’d like your take on draft day trade possibilities for the Vikes. Do you think Mckinnie, Sage, Edwards or even T-Jack might get traded?

Norse, I do a mock draft because it drives up my site visit numbers and because some of the guys around here like it… or at least like to amke fun of me for it… but overall, I think trying to predict ANYTHING having to do with draft weekend is quite futile. Teams tend to do some crazy stuff.

I think Sage is the most likely to be dealt… however. Probably not until Day three.

The Vikings are doing nothing but sitting tight with what they have. So unless it is all an act, I’d be surprised to see them do anything surprising… which is a stupid sentence. I realize this.

• Norseman66 says:

Any word on having a draft day chat going on? I realize you have previous commitments (sorry), but anybody in the bull pen to come for the first day? That would be great during the draft weekend!! I’m thinking about getting a keyboard with bigger buttons and letters because I could be a little dr… dru… dur.. under the weather.

I am still trying to work on that Norse. Put some feelers out there. Everyone seems scared of the technology. We’ll see. I’ll keep you all posted.

A big congrads to Mr and Mrs Warwas on their little bundle of joy. Great news Adam! I have a feeling you will make great parents.

Congrates to the Warwas family!!! I’m really happy for you guys, You have allot to be stoked about!!! Norse is right, Sydney is a areally good name lol.

AK –

Congrats to you and your bride. It’s wonderful news. Johnny is usually a damn kook, but he might be on to something with his name suggestion Fragile Freds Warwas. It does kind of just roll of the tongue. Perhaps some other boy name suggestions:

1) Barack Warwas – He’ll talk a lot, say nothing and disappoint you your whole life.

2) Brad Warwas – He’ll talk a lot, say nothing and won’t be able to count to 11 when under pressure.

3) Ray Ray Warwas – He’ll talk a a lot, say nothing and want a raise in his allowance or ask to be traded to a new family.

4) Denny Warwas – Will have trouble walking because he will always be taking a knee. The good news is that if your looking for your son Denny you will be able to find him on the “high road”.

5) Ziggy Warwas – Generous son, good business man…crazy ass hair and worse stash. No offense to your son.

6)Colt McWarwas – That one is for you Mrs. W!

7) Coolio Warwas – Nice son, smart son, but will wear you down by referring you to his web site every day over breakfast when your trying to get him ready for the school bus.

Well, as always, your welcome.

13. Coolio says:

Funny freds. Coolio Warwas………..

Could work. Congrats on the baby Adam! Adam how did you do the live chat thing for the mock draft?

14. Ole says:

Mrs. Warwas – pregnant?!?! ….. how did this happen?

15. Ole says:

I’m voting for #5, Ziggy Warwas. You can always shave that crazy ass hair

BTW Freds, what if it’s a girl? Do these names still apply?

Congratulations Adam & Mrs.

I would offer Harry Peter Warwas as perhaps the most logical name for your little buck.

17. CO Vike Fan says:

Congrats Adam! I’m sorry to say the protests you hear from Mrs. Warwas about the time spent on the excellent website are going to get louder and more frequent.

LOL, nah, I amke her sound worse than she is. She is very supportive of my second job πŸ™‚

Although, I don’t know if my reaction to the September due date of “oh, geez, I hope we get an early bye week” was the right move on my part πŸ˜‰

• Fran the Man says:

Wow, didn’t think about that.
        When does the schedule come out?
        In other words, when will you know if you’re going to be able to make the birth of your first child?

18. Jerkpepper says:

What kind of fake made-up name is Warwas anyways? It sounds more made-up than Judd Zulgad. Horrible horrible horrible!!!! Where is the Hank Baskett coverage on this blog?

19. Jerkpepper says:

If you want the kid to grow up knowing nothing about combining corn go ahead and name it Bones. But don’t say I didn’t warn you when they end up leaving the unloading auger on while heading down the road. And if you name it HOPPY it is pretty much a sure thing they won’t know how to properly load a railcar and will probably look like Homer Simpson. Man are those two ever terrible and horrible.

Adam, is there really the possibility that our leaders might actally consider Tebow at #30? Really? For the love of…. Unless they project him as a pulling guard, I would not be happy.

I think it is a possibility. The Vikes are have lost three players (Paymah, Taylor, Hicks) and brought in two (Lloyd, Montgomery) so the simple math is that they have the wiggle room to take a chance or two in this draft.

Buds,

If their philosophy is to pick the best player available at 30, do you think this keeps Tebow in the running at 30? Will there be no one on the board better than a guy with the kind of questions Tebow has?

I’m not a master of the English language, Freds, but I am pretty sure I agree with what you said here.

I used to tell people I was pretty high on players I never intended on drafting with the hopes that someone else would. My belief is that Mr. Tebow is quite some distance from being a #1 NFL QB.

That is what it will come down to… the Vikings will not have Rounds 1 – 4 grade on Tebow like the internet daftnik community does. They will target him… it is just a matter of when.

22. This is what the master would do! I would trade Sage Rosenfels,Bryant Mckinnie & Bernard Berrian to the Raiders for Asomugha Nnamdi & there #1 pick & take the best OT in the draft. Then trade our #1 pick to the Broncos for Marshall & then trade Ray Edwards to Phily for there #1 pick & then draft Mike Iupati or Maurkice Pouncey in the draft. Then you have 2,3,4,5,5,6,&7 to fill any other holes.

23. Fran the Man says:

Hey Adam, congratulations on the upcoming addition to the Warwas family.
    You should name him; Warwas awful, Warwas.
    The only bad thing I can think that would happen is that he grows up to be a warmonger and folks would make fun of his name:)

I voted CB every time it was appropriate, as I still see it as our #1 need.
    Draft day will tell us if the injury to ‘Ced will linger or if Winfield has completely healed and can get one more year at CB in the aging body.
    MAN! I had hoped someone would have gone after Ray-Ray. Would have given us two 1st rounders.

By the way, at the bottom of each poll, it says;
    “See how users in Alaska are polling”
    What’s the deal with that? And did you notice there are 4 votes in each poll from Alaska?
    Wonder who the other two are??

Thanks Fran! Can’t wait for the extra PFD check πŸ™‚

Not sure who the other Alaskans are… but I have a few freinds that check the site semi-regularly… I don’t vote on my own polls, though… so one of them is not me.