Bring On The Questions!

My brain has been turned to mush pouring over the zillions of different draft scenarios.

My patience has been worn down to nothing with the lack of offseason moves by the Vikings.

My mind is swirling with the possibilities coming up.

But my fingers are spinning in their tracks as I feel like I’ve given you just about everything I have to offer at this point.  I’ve already repeated myself on nearly every topic on multiple occasions, so I’m hoping you all will give me some ammo.

Please use the comments section to leave questions, comments, conversation starters or whatever you please and I’ll make sure to respond to each.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

42 Responses to “Bring On The Questions!”

Adam, was there any interest at all from any team in aquiring Tjack or Ray Ray? I didnt see or hear anything at all. That to me is very telling.

Adam – there seems to be more than the usual speculation about the Vikes trading and moving on or before Draft Day. Is any of this more than the usual smoke and mirrors, or are there reasons to believe the Vikes are more likely to be involved in some moving on DD than in most years?

Lets say the Vikes dont get their stadium. They move to…lets say LA. The name “Vikings” doesnt fit well there, and they change their name to…”Quakers”.
    What the hell do we do? This team means alot to us, no?
    What do you do Adam? I think I would cry.

4. Ole says:

Adam, who is your the craziest blogger?
    my vote is for Tony Pants

5. SupaScout says:

If you need ammo, look no further than your calendar. Today is April 15, Tax day. If that doesn’t send you into a creative frenzy thinking of creative ways of declaring each of your followers as a dependent for a better tax break then I’m not sure I can help.
    You can look one week down and next Tuesday is the schedule release day. Thursday is the big Draft-Day. So I say rest up, eat lots of carbs and get ready for a big week next week.
    Don’t stop posting though, or I’ll have nothing to do until then!

6. Ole says:

Adam, scenario – you, Tony Pants, Jerkpepper and Hoppy are on an airplane with only three parachutes. The plane is making a nosedive and you have control of the parachutes. Besides yourself, who lives? ….. and why?

Ole, i gotta say Adam gets all three parachutes. Enough said, right?

I wont answer this one in the post so I’ll answer it here…

I’m a peace maker… a lover not a fighter… so I get one, the pilot gets one, and since i have a sneaking suspicion that those other three cats are actually the same person “they” also get one.

Of course, if I’ve been stuck on this plane with only those three guys for any considerable length of time, there is a good chance I’ve already ended my own life.

7. Ole says:

Adam, does SuperMan have self esteem issues?

Who the hell would call themselves “Superman?”

Interesting point.

isn’t there a football player that refers to himself as Superman? Does he have self esteem issues too?

Many people wear Superman underwear… Superman wears Sidney Rice underwear.

And another: Has there been a Viking draft class better than the group from 1967 (Clint Jones, Gene Washington, Alan Page, Bob Grim, Bobby Bryant, John Beasley, and Jim Hargrove) or one worse than the class of 1971 (Jeff Wright and NOBODY else)? OK, 2002 and 2005 may have been worse.

Adam, who are the biggest Viking high pick busts that come to your mind? (Don’t forget Leo Hayden – first round RB, career 13 games 8 rushes for 11 yards and 1 reception)

Bud, you always make me feel so ignorant when you ask questions about the good ol’ days… I was born about 40 years too late.

Nah, just providing a little historical perspective from time to time. I got the old days covered and you got the current more than covered. But FYI, we had three firsts in that ’67 draft, picks number 2, 8 & 15. Sort of a reverse Herschel Walker deal courtesy of the Giants gettin’ Fran, whom we then got back a few years later as you well know.

And I’m not saying that it isn’t a good question and that i won’t try to answer it… I’m just frustrated that my parents didn’t find it to be of high priority to conceive me when they were 5.

9. Ole says:

Adam, are the people of Alaska aware of how pissed off the people of Hawaii are at them?

You guys snuck in there and became the 49th state. We got stuck with that “50th State” thingy. Yup, we’re last!

10. Ole says:

I remeber that Leo Hayden draft, he was a fat turd out of Ohio State, what a bust.

I think the next year, the Vikes drafted Ed Marinaro ….. and then Chuck Foreman

11. Ole says:

Best late late late round pick …. Milt Sunde, 20th round. Carl Eller was #1 that year

What about Tinglehoff as a rookie free agent signed after 20 rounds were completed. Not bad either. Btw, Ole, a young man named Monte Kiffin was also taken in the Carl Eller, Milt Sunde draft of 1964. Never played a down.

12. SupaScout says:

If the Vikings leave, I will be DONE! I will burn all of my jerseys, quit all FF leagues. I will never watch another NFL game again. The way the NFL treats their fans is deplorable. The fans of the Cleveland or Baltimore just came crawling back to their new teams, like they never got screwed over. The NFL does it because they know that they can get away with it. If the Vikings were losing money I could understand but they wine because they are not making as much as the other Billionaires at the owners meeting. Then 3 years after they buy the team they threaten the fans who have followed the team for the 40 or 50 years, “if they don’t get what they want then they will pack up and move to Industry CA.” Forgive me for saying this, but I think all teams should be community owned like the Packers

• c.carterhof says:

I never thought of it like that, good point:

Thats BS!

I would be mad, I just dont know what I would do. It sounds silly to feel that way about a football team. But after 35 years of them being a big part of my life…
      It could happen. Just ask an Oiler fan.

• krugjr says:

supa……whoa, whoa…….the stadium lease is up and it’s just time to talk business…..don’t take it personally, it’s just business…..

GO VIKES!!!!!

13. Fran the Man says:

What do you think the chances are that we go after a running back earlier than expected?
    Say within the first 3 rounds?

The more I think of what we lost with Chester, the more it concerns me.

14. krugjr says:

Adam…..all things considered, signings and roster changes, etc…..and with the NFC North teams all having a young gun QB now,(except the Purple) do you sense we’re getting ready for some kind of a draft day move for one of the top two QBs?

15. krugjr says:

we’re sitting at #30…no trade down offers good enough because nobody thinks we’d take Tebow…….how about we take Tebow, then take calls, and trade offers, over night from the teams that thought they’d grab him top of rd two?

GO VIKES!!!!!

…and if we get no calls or offers?

(Sorry krug, couldn’t help myself.)

• krugjr says:

coach……..that’s why I asked Adam…..I, myself, am at a loss…….I’m just not a Clausen fan, so I believe we’ll choose clay in the 4th or 5th (Kafka or Skelton), freds likes Pike, and wait one more year to deal for a top gun………that answer also meant no Tebow…instead, impact players in 1 and 2 to help Brett make it to the big dance…..

my main point was that all the NFC North teams have their QB of the future except us…..oh, don’t get me started…

GO VIKES!!!!!

• rickybat says:

Tnink the Vikings will take Tebow in a surprise move and may have to trade up past Seattle to get him and will keep him.

16. ted brown #23 says:

Hey Adam, a whole throng of sports celeberties were in town last weekend signing autograghs. Cris Carter was among them and meeting him was awesome. He signed my 1994 authentic jersey with the quote “All He does is catch touchdowns!” Met Percy Harvin too. Well, anyway there’s some news. Not sure if it’s important, but it was to me.

What did Percy write on the jersey?

“Got any damn asprins?”