Draft Week Plans

At long last, Draft Week is here!

How very exciting!

Vikings Gab has some relatively big plans for this week to maximize your enjoyment of the NFL’s version of Christmas.

Coming up this week, I will unveil my final “Top 30” which is a list that will essentially be my big board if I were manning the Vikings draft room (thank goodness I’m not).

Then, I will also unveil my final mock draft.  It will remain at the three-round length it is at now, but will include first round analysis for each pick.

The first round of the draft will be televised on Thursday.  While I have duties in my real life that must be attended to, our faithful reader and football genius Fragile Freds will be hosting a live Yahoo chat to keep you all covered.  Hop into the comments section and ask him to fill you in.

Later that evening I will provide analysis of how the first round went down, and also create a second round mock draft.

On Friday and Saturday, I will be hosting a live chat that will cover the entirety of rounds two through seven right here at Vikings Gab.  A great time should be had by all and I hope to see you there!

45 Responses to “Draft Week Plans”

1. Tony Pants says:

Bwaaak bwaaak bwaak

I wish Fragile fred was my daddy.

2. Coolio says:

Imagine if Tony Pants was president. That’s why you shouldn’t vote for Palin if she runs.

• Purple Charlie says:

Cools, I’m beginning to think Mr. Pants would do alright, Love to watch the guys that would be working for him!!!

3. Norseman66 says:

How many Colt 45’s is Freds getting for this?

4. Fran the Man says:

So, is Freds going to be providing a link for the Yahoo chat?

I dont know guys, how many of you wish Freds was your Daddy? I guess it would have it’s advantages but I cant think of any off the top of my head. No offense Freds.

Freds is just hoping AK snaps out of it and is able to start the real live chat so Freds can back out of this chat thing he was stupid enough to suggest.

Norse, zero Colt 45s for your old pal. Johnny and Charles, your both out of the will. Jackasses!

No, no, no not out of the will Freds. I was planning on that for retirement. You just cant do that to us it’s not fair. I’m crushed and may never recover.

AK – On a more serious note, when do you expect to be back from your meeting? Will you be firing up the live chat when you get home or will it be too late?

8. Coolio says:

I’m depressed. I just found out I have a concert and have to miss the 1st round!

So many now are saying that Clausen falls at least to the Vikings. Fred doesn’t get it. If Clausen falls to 30, is it a sure thing the Vikes take him?

My man….

IF?

Sounds like the Fragile one is quite nervous about the chat. Cmon Freds it’s not like you have to cover Steve Smith or Chad Johnson On Thursday night. And dont worry none of us jackasses, kooks, or drunks would even think of doing anything to throw a wrench into things.

12. Ole says:

gotta disagree with your top pick Adam. I’m guessin’ Clausen drops like a feather

FYI – Watched Notre Dame vs Hawaii at the “Hawaii Bowl” in 2008. Clausen looked average, Golden Tate looked like a pro player

Clausen – 401 yards passing, 5 TDs
    Golden Tate – 6 rec, 177 yards, 3 TDs

13. Adam Warwas says:

So his knowing how to play ball with good recievers works against him?

If that is the case then Bradford should sink because he had a great O-Line his entire career.

I’m grasping at straws with my Clausen prediction, I know this, but the Rams need to recognize who the superior player is.

cI just don’t see Clausen making it past the Bills,If he does, it will get interesting,

15. Norseman66 says:

Boy, that would a tough choice to make if Kareem Jackson and Pouncey are both there when the Vikes make their selection. There’s no way Clausen makes it out of the top half of the 1st round!!! So much disinformation is being put out because teams want him to fall to them.

16. Norseman66 says:

Adam,

I ama little surprised that you don’t have Rennie Curran in round three for the Vikes. Though I could live with the Edds pick.

He’s more of a 4th or 5th rounder, I think. His size limits him to the cover-2 and a few teams won’t even consider him at all. Edds was simply the BPA… I considered taking Skelton there.

• Norseman66 says:

I bet he goes in the 3rd. The guy is smaller than ideal but he flies around the field and tackles well. I think this in years draft is going to be one of the most interesting and exciting in years. I think you’ll see a lot of teams moving around in this draft. Sucks to be the Bears. First pick is in round 3.

Could be… linebacker is pretty shallow this year.

17. Adam Warwas says:

Is the mock draft readable for you guys? I’m noticing the format changes from Computer to Computer for me… which is worrisome.

18. Ole says:

Clausen should be a top 10 pick, but I would be shocked if the Rams took him at #1. But if you are right, Adam, you will be a genuine draftnik savant

19. Ole says:

Tebow draft prediction – not drafted, signed as a FA by the Saints

• Norseman66 says:

WRONG!!! You have to figure in the Al Davis factor, Remember Tebow put on a good show at the combine. Which makes him a perfect Raider candidate!!! Wouldn’t surprise me if they took him in the 2nd round.

• Ole says:

Ha! You’re Wrong Norseman, Tebow would never sign with a heathen organization such as the Raiders! It’s gotta be the Saints…. or the Anaheim Angels

Teams that Tebow will never play for; Raiders, New Jersey Devils, Duke Blue Devils, Miami Heat, Todd Flaxton’s Church Softball Team

20. Ole says:

Tebow endorsement predictions –

Teebow Not gonna happen category;
    Nike – “Just do it” alongside Tiger Woods
    Red Bull
    Any beer or liquor company
    Trojan Condoms
    Las Vegas, “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas”
    Todd Flaxton’s Church
    Al Sharpton for President

Tebow Maybe endorsement category;
    Charmin Toilet Paper
    Bounce Fabric Softner
    No More Tears Baby Shampoo
    Ford Trucks
    Burger King “Have it your way”
    Tony Pants for President