Lito Coming To Minnesota

Profootballtalk.com cites a source that tells them cornerback Lito Sheppard will be visiting the Vikings today.

The move to bring in Sheppard makes sense, as he will provide them with more flexibility in the draft.  Also, he should not count against their “Final Four Plan” or the compensatory pick formula for next year, as he was released not a UFA.

Furthermore, the risk would be minimal as he would likely demand an easy-to-swallow contract at this point in his career.

Sheppard recently visited the Lions but left without a contract.

10 Responses to “Lito Coming To Minnesota”

1. krugjr says:

let’s see now…best value @ #30, CB…….sign a FA CB…….hmmmmmm, that sort of frees us up to “reach” for a certain QB, doesn’t it? my, my, my….

GO VIKES!!!!!

I think right now the Vikings might feel “painted into a corner” (literally) and would consider signing a two time Pro Bowler to help them keep their options open and select the BPA regardless of position.

That being said, Tebow would sure boost my traffic and comments numbers now wouldn’t he 😉

2. krugjr says:

I doubt that whoever picks Tebow would be able to say he was the BPA………..some front office will just make a business decision….

GO VIKES!!!!!

I’m not as hyped about who to pick or not pick as I was last year (still hate losing out on Oher). There are a number of positions to upgrade in various ways, so I will let the brass decide how best to proceed. BUT, I would not be a fan of taking Tebow. I just don’t think the transition to pro will be successful with him.

But if we would take him, it would be entertaining, and I guess that’s what NFL football is when all is said and done.

Coach, I know one thing I like about him is his attitude, Family first … I like that…

Your right, he seems like he would be entertaining for sure!!!

5. Norseman66 says:

Pouncey will be the pick if he’s there at #30.

6. Norseman66 says:

Adam,

If the Steelers “would” trade not so Big Ben to a top 10 team, then your wish might come true and Clausen could slide and be available at #30. Just say’in.

If Ben is traded and the Steelers get a top ten pick… what makes you think they wouldn’t use it on a QB? Dennis Dixon has looked good, but that’d be a big step back for the organization.

7. Coolio says: