A Pair Get Chance With Vikings

The Vikings hosted a minicamp this weekend in which a “large contingent” of players were trying out with the hopes of landing a contract with the Vikings.

Two players succeeded.

Iowa State wide out Marquis Hamilton signed a contract that will keep him on the roster as training camp nears.  Hamilton is 6’ 3” and 222 pounds.

Rick Spielman said, “Marquis is a big wide receiver with good size who showed a good ability catching the ball. His performance over the weekend warranted a further look as we continue this spring.”

The other player to sign a contract was Southwest Minnesota State offensive tackle Bill Noethlich.  The South Dakota native stands at a whopping 6’ 7”.

“Bill had a good tryout through the weekend and stuck out as one of the better linemen in the group,” Spielman siad of his newest signing.  “He gave a good accounting of himself and has some physical traits and skills that are promising. He’s got the arm reach and frame to make him a good prospect.”

Seldom do players getting on an NFL team in this fashion make an impact, but despite the long odds you never know when a team has successfully uncovered a secret gem.

28 Responses to “A Pair Get Chance With Vikings”

1. […] from the political side, Vikings Gab reports that we’ve given contracts to two undrafted free agents. This is very exciting indeed and I hope these two continue to show their worth and fight for a […]

2. TheJazzyOne says:

I watched Hamilton play a couple times when the Cyclones played the Hawkeyes (GO HAWKS!)

He’s a good receiver with good hands, but that’s a position where the Vikings have some talent. I think he’ll have a hard time making the team.

It’s nice to hear about another big lineman, though. I wonder if he can play Right Guard.

3. krugjr says:

what does that say about Perriloux?

Krugs,

No news until the rock/river testing is completed. Be patient.

• krugjr says:

ok, ok, I’m with ya……gotta feelin’ with Webb lookin’ like he does, we won’t need Perriloux anyway………BUT, when the rock test shows up on You Tube, please let me know…..very tough for those cameras to get past chilly’s security, but we can always hope…..

GO VIKES!!!!!

Krugs,

Freds does have some inside information that the rock river testing is going on today. In fact this link will show one of Chilly’s double secret QB finds as he approaches the testing drill.

• krugjr says:

damn, chilly even has the QB in disguise……freds, you do have connections, don’t you! thanks for the update…keep us posted!

GO VIKES!!!!!

6. CO Vike Fan says:

anyone else wonder why we keep signing behomoth linemen to go in a zone-blocking scheme that values mobility? Maybe we either need to modify the scheme and let them bulldoze some folks, or modify the prototype we’re after?

• starrC10 says:

Yeah, I noticed he likes the big boys. I assume this is why our pass protection was so much better than our run blocking, we just had bunch of huge assed statues in the way.

Why does it seem so obvious to us, but they are making all this money to just sit around to figure it all out?

I see Kevin Mawae is still looking for work, wouldnt he be a big upgrade and bring some leadership to the O-line?

• Purple Charlie says:

Johnny, Yes he would,and being the team is built to win now, can’t see why it wouldn’t be worth giving him a shot…

Johnny, I hope Bill Noethlich makes the team or at least makes the practice squad,would be nice to know they have a new future starter…

8. krugjr says:

Vikings sign three with Minnesota ties
    Posted by Mike Florio on May 4, 2010 6:19 PM ET
    The Vikings invited multiple players on a tryout (tree-out) basis to a recent rookie minicamp. Three of them — all having ties to Minnesota — have been signed to free-agent deals.

The new additions are guard Adrian Battles (Minnesota State), defensive end Cedric McKinley (Minnesota), and cornerback Marcus Sherels (Minnesota).

Sherels attended high school in the Minneapolis area, at John Marshall.

To date, the Vikings have not signed quarterback Ryan Perrilloux, who participated in the rookie camp as well. The team currently has four quarterbacks on the roster, but one of them presumably won’t be making an appearance until the middle of August, if at all. At some point, the team will need to add a fourth arm for training camp.

PFT

9. krugjr says:

starcaps ruling tomorrow!

GO VIKES!!!!!

10. Fran the Man says:

Geez, we could lose the Williams wall for 4 games and now this (LA Vikings anyone?);

11. krugjr says:

LA VIKINGS here we come!!!!!

GONE VIKES!!!!!

12. krugjr says:

like the title, “Vikings Get a Pair”…..now if only the MN legislators could get “a pair”

GONE VIKES!!!!!

13. Norseman66 says:

Here’s hoping we can get an AFL team. Looks like that’s more of a possibility than keeping the Vikings right now.

14. krugjr says:

Is Adam OK? Maybe someone should call a neighbor to check on him!

GONE VIKES!!!!!

Read the latest PFT news.

• krugjr says:

yeah, saw that latest vote too……..looks like this will go back and forth, back and forth…..I’m no Pawlenty fan!

GONE VIKES!!!!!

• Purple Charlie says:

Krugs, I’m with ya on Pawlenty, Yeah he was behind the Vikings stadium at first…

Politicians…

• krugjr says:

Charlie……the guy thinks he has a chance to be president, which is why he’s thinking about himself more than the state right now…….he doesn’t seem very presidential to me …………………………………………………..on second thought, he looks VERY presidential!

GONE VIKES!!!!!

• Purple Charlie says:

Krugs, I’m not surprised to see him put himself first, That’s the way with most of them…

Anyways, Let’s hope the Starcaps ruling goes our way, Be nice to have some good news !!!

16. Coolio says:

Adam is probably not gone, krugs. The thing is it has been reallyhard for me to think of anything to write on my blog. I’m sure Adam feels the same.

17. Norseman66 says:

Let’s start coming up with some possible AFL names for Minnesota boys and girls. Do they have a draft?

I’ll throw out the first idea “He Hate Vikes”

Norse, Minnesota 2nd Fiddlers… ( They would be under the Gophers and Twins )

19. Adam Warwas says:

I’m here guys. Sorry for the lack of updates, but I have had a crazy week thus far. Was under the weather a bit (better now), had some trips to the doctor (its a boy!), had a bit of a stadium battle of my own (on a much, much smaller scale), and work is getting busy (the snow is melting).

But I have a few hours blocked off now, so I’ll be playing some catch up tonight.