Some Interesting Stuff

Well, I again have to apologize for the longer-than-usual absence.  Once again, life managed to keep me away from the keyboard for a couple of days.

We are working on fixing that issue, however, by possibly adding a few new names to the bullpen.  I think we have one new guy coming on board already (I’ll introduce him soon) but would be interested in giving someone else a shot if they thought writing about football while getting paid absolutely diddly-squat was a good use of time.

If interested, give me a shout at adam@vikingsgab.com.

In the meantime, I see that Albert Haynesworth caught wind of the Vikings supposed interest in obtaining his services on the first day of the draft.  Now that the StarCaps decisions have started to tilt in a somewhat unfavorable way, Haynesworth might be trying to put himself in a position to be traded to the Vikings still.

As I understand it, his contract is actually not too expensive but the unknown is what the Redskins are asking for him.  The other question is if Haynesworth actually plays football at an elite level when he isn’t playing for a new contract.

Haynesworth isn’t the only veteran that the Vikings have shown interest in.  Guard Chester Pitts is thought to be on their radar after he was allowed to leave Houston as a free agent despite having started every game in the history of the franchise until week two last year when he suffered a knee injury.

While the Seahawks are the front runners to sign Pitts, it sure would be interesting if he joined the Vikings locker room.  After all, he once called Jared Allen a “scumbag” willingly and openly to the media after Allen was fined for hits he laid on Matt Schaub.

11 Responses to “Some Interesting Stuff”

1. TheJazzyOne says:

I was wondering if the internet froze in Alaska!

Not really thrilled with Al’s effort, this richard is high risk. If they give up more than a third round pick, that’s a problem. Fat, unmotivated jackass would also need to take a paycut.

Screw it, who needs him….pass on this putz!

3. coolio says:

To get a guy of his caliber I would gladlt dish out a 2nd rounder but no more. But remeber the last time a guy wanted to be traded to the Vikings. He got traded to the Redskins.

4. krugjr says:

good Wms wall vs NFL article

GOING, GOING………………….VIKES!!!!!

5. krugjr says:

hey, it’s slow times……..but this is a great read on stadium funding…

GOING, GOING……………………VIKES!!!!!

6. VAVike says:

Essentially the vikings would be signing Haynesworth to play for a new contract. I would not be upset with a second round pick, a third preferably. He’s got several years left, and in the second or third round next year, there will not be a Albert Haynesworth. Jared Allen was no angel when we went and got him, our locker room has firm veteran leadership. The DT position must be addressed!

7. coolio says:

I wish Nnamdi Asamougha would request a trade to the Vikings already……………

All the big name guys who want to win want to go to the Vikes.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Mark S says:

I think the Vikings should sign John Henderson. 6-7 335 2 time pro bowler.

He is an UFA and is only 31. he may have 2 to 3 years left.

That is what I would do.