Business In The Front… And The Back

The picture above of Jared Allen sporting a Jason Bateman haircut was taken at OTAs this year.  Which means that the mullet is no more and has been replaced by this Jude Law nonsense.

Allen explained that the mullet had to go because of his upcoming wedding.

The things men do for love,” explained Nick Jonas, er, I mean Jared Allen.

I have to admit that I will miss the mullet power on the field, but can understand why the future Mrs. Allen would prefer he look a little more presentable.  Why he brought a picture of Ellen DeGeneres to the barber with him and said “just like this” I will never understand, though.

[Editor’s Note:  Jared, if you are out there… please don’t threaten to “break my f—ing neck.”  I’m just kidding around… and I’d probably pee my pants… despite your Ryan Seacrest haircut.]

12 Responses to “Business In The Front… And The Back”

1. Ole says:

Dear Jared,
    Hairstyle change – no problem
    relationship status change (marriage)- congratulations!
    “Wine ’em, dine ’em 69 ’em” – Aloha and farewell
    punch to Adam’s skull for the above comments – go for it

just don’t ever change your relentless pursuit of the opposing QB that made you the player you are

Signed
    Viking fans

2. vikingsuk says:

Whilst I’m happy for the big guy’s marriage, I do wonder whether the mullet was the source of all his power and now that it’s gone he’s just going to go back to being an ordinary guy. Maybe he had it shaved on in one go, and made into a mullet hat which he has pinned on his wall to put on whenever he need to destroy a QB next season…

• GB Nordic says:

Allen has been a force for years, but I just hope the mullet juice absence will not drain in QB tracker. I hope to see images of him standing over Rodgers and rope en him up. We fans will see Allen can make a another Pro Bowl season mullet or no mullet.

3. starrc10 says:

haha, VikingsUK, I thought you were going to be a Packer fan, as your Screen name could be read as “Vikings suck”… I almost skipped your comment.

4. Fran the Man says:

Jared,
    You have now become what’s known as Pu**y-whipped. You are a complete punk for caving in to the future Mrs. Allen.
    If I were there right now, I’d wring your scrawny neck!
    Very truly yours,
    Adam Warwas

• starrc10 says:

Geeze Adam!

I can’t believe you would say that. I would expect it from someone like Tomb… or Big Johnny… maybe even Fran the Man… but not you. you’ve changed.

• Fran the Man says:

I too was a bit taken aback by Adam’s comments to Jared.
        Hasn’t he seen how big that guy is??

5. starrS10 says:

If Mr. Starr had wanted to wear a mullet to our wedding, I’d have let him… just sayin…. I think he made up the excuse…I think he lost a bet.

Freds doesn’t think the mullet is gone, it just moved. Look at that dude trying to cover up the ever increasing dome. Fred thinks the mullet just crawled up the back of his neck and settled on the front of his head.

Nice look Jared!

7. SupaScout says:

The first of many changes Jared will be experiencing.

“The mullet, It’s not a haircut it’s a life style” Jared Allen.

“Marriage is a great institution, but who wants to live in an institution?” Groucho Marx.