Russell a Viking?

Via rotoworld.com:

“Sources tell ESPN New York that the Jets have inquired about free agent JaMarcus Russell. ESPN’s Rich Cimini characterizes the Jets’ interest as “monitoring,” and expects the team to opt for free agent Mark Brunell behind Mark Sanchez. Russell is currently in Arizona trying to get in shape. Cimini calls Arizona and Minnesota more likely landing spots for the ex-No. 1 overall pick. “

I feel this story goes two ways.

First, why the heck would we ever consider this jokester? So I’m not even going to go down that path.

The interesting thing to me is that this means Webb must be doing quite well. We are now down to 3 quarterbacks – well at least that will show up for training camp. Webb needs reps, and it looks like he is going to get them. Either the kid looks great in pads, or our coaches have something up there sleeves.

13 Responses to “Russell a Viking?”

Noooo to this jerkoff. There’s not enough clay in the whole state for Childo to mold this dude.

2. PJD says:

What, no one is going to make the “Russell as a RT” joke? I expect more!

Guys like Webb and Russell would benefit from playing in the Canadian Football League. However, neither of them could be considered candidates to start at QB.

Why Viking would part w/ Rosenfels or T-Jax for unproven talents like this is confusing. Favre faces increasing likelihood of injury every year. Could J. Russell be considered a 3rd string option? I guess there must be an upside potential somewhere.

4. starrc10 says:

No way Lost!

Webb is the future. He is the next Donovan McNabb, the next Aaron Rodgers, the next Walter Payton… I’d even daresay, the next Asher Allen.

5. CalVkg says:

just what we need, another 3rd tier qb

This jackass would drown during Chilly’s rock/river qb test. Freds would prefer Nipsy Russell over this fat danish eating fool. I hope pastry eaters aren’t offended. Please accept Freds apology in advance.

7. Branden Lemke says:

Imma pray he never comes close to being a Viking…

8. G.P. says:

What up all,
    Hey Freds and B.J. 84 hope all is going well for you gentleman. I just have to say I really like Mr.Webb seems to have a lot of raw talent that could possibly molded into something awesome.

Hey GP my good man. I too like Webb a helluva lot more than Russell. I truly believe our man AA could do better at qb than Russell.

9. SupaScout says:

Come on guys, You don’t mess with the Zohan. and JR has great hair.

10. fozz44 says:

I’m becoming concerned that Childress has a fetish for ‘black athletic quarterbacks with big arms from the south”

A fetish, damn Fozz I had to look that up but very appropriate and very funny I must say.

• starrc10 says:

Fozz,

Interesting theory, I am wondering how Donvan McNabb fit into this as he was from the East Coast… at least that’s where Syracuse is.