Cunningham Loses Son In Accident

Randall Cunningham will always hold a special place in Vikings history, particularly as the leader of the legendary 1998 offense.

Today, it was discovered that Cunningham’s youngest son, Christian, drowned in their backyard hot tub.  The death of the two year old is being reported as an accident.

I can’t even imagine the pain that he and his family are going through after the accident, and I would just like to send out our heartfelt thoughts from the staff and readers at Vikings Gab.

8 Responses to “Cunningham Loses Son In Accident”

1. Ole says:

unfortunate news. Good luck to the Cunningham family, hope they keep their ohana together

Im sure no words can describe the pain. Man…Thats got to be the worst.

I cant imagine. Prayers to the Cunninghams Family.

Well said c.carterhof. This is just terrible, terrible news for the Cunningham family. For all the silliness of sports, this site, the enjoyable diversions they create for us, let’s not lose sight of real life and the things we should hold dear to us. This is an awful reminder of how dear our children and family really are to all of us and how quickly life can change.

Yup, got a rock in my gut when I saw that. So, so sorry Randall. The Good Lord has his reasons, but this has to be so painful. Let’s all hug a loved one today (not my typical MO, but maybe it should be a little more).

Nothing worse than losing a child. Randall is such a good person and I send my prayers also.

• HeHateMe says:

Amen to that.

As a father of two little ones under 3 this just sticks a knife in your heart.

This is truly a test of a man’s faith.

I hope that Randall can find the strength to carry on and I am praying for his family.

5. […] Cunningham Loses Son In Accident » Vikings Gab […]

6. […] Just over one year ago, Cunningham’s two year old son Christian drowned in a hot tub at the family’s Las Vegas home, and this will be his first public appearance since the tragedy. […]