Jamarcus Russell Joining The Vikes: It Makes Sense And Here Is Why!

Sorry.

I got nothin’.

36 Responses to “Jamarcus Russell Joining The Vikes: It Makes Sense And Here Is Why!”

1. Glenn says:

It does to me. If they get him for a low/no cost, they it would be a low risk chance. There is no question about his physical abilities, I am wondering how much of it has to do with be in Oakland. I remeber people said the same of Randy Moss before he got traded to New England.

• Fragile Freds says:

1) Vikes would have to give up a roster spot for this guy. Who would they let go? Dude is so fat, the league might require the Vikes use two roster spots.

2) Moss was just a pouting quitter with Oakland, which is bad enough. Everyone knew Moss had talent. Moss was not a real high risk. The only talent Russell has shown at the pro level is eating and well, eating. This guy would really struggle with the Vikes. State Fair food …enough said.

3) Don’t agree on the fact that there are no questions on his physical abilities. There are a TON of questions on his ability to buckle his dang pants without wearing a stretch waist band.

In advance, Freds apologizes to lard, Randy Moss and stretch pants. Fred hopes none of them are offended. If so, sorry again.

2. Luke says:

Nice Adam… Nice….

I can’t think of any reasons either.

Do the Vikes need a new water boy?

Great post Adam. Sometimes short and sweet says it all.

4. Viking John says:

I just watched the water boy again the other night. You might have something there Luke, switch him to LB.
    Go Vikes

• Fragile Freds says:

Johns,

When is the annual Viking Johns pontoon bash? Is Colt 45 sponsoring the event again this year?

• Viking John says:

In August Freddie. You showing up this year? You always have an open invitation. It is pontooning weather today. 91 degrees. Lets go.
        Go Vikes

5. PJD says:

I’m waiting for the Packer fan to chime in and say that it’s just like the Vikings to make a stupid signing like this.

6. Favrelous says:

It would round out the teams in the annual offense vs defense hot dog eating contest.

7. G.P. says:

Agreed. Is it too late to take a fan driven vote? B.J. 84 Agreed our boy could do a much better job than Jamarcus. The man has no work ethic. As we say in the South I ain’t never scared. Well whoever penned that sentiment never got the news that Mr.Russell was joining their favorite team. I’m officially frightened.

Dont worry GP, there’s a snowballs chance in hell Vikes ink this lardass. This is probably some BS leaked by Russell’s agent to try and draw some interest in him.

8. Steve S says:

This would a great April Fools joke, unfortunately it’s almost July. Russell is an overweight, out-of-shape, non-dedicated QB. Giving up a spot or trying to allow an undrafted QB earn a spot is much better. Paying this guy is a waste and will only allow him to buy more Twinkees. Viking management, do yourself a favor and ignore his college credentials; as proven, he must have had the ultimate team.

9. Steve S says:

This would be a great April Fools joke, unfortunately it’s almost July. Russell is an overweight, out-of-shape, non-dedicated QB. Giving up a spot or trying to allow an undrafted QB earn a spot is much better. Paying this guy is a waste and will only allow him to buy more Twinkees. Viking management, do yourself a favor and ignore his college credentials; as proven, he must have had the ultimate team.

10. G.P. says:

I hope so johnny. Although, I will admit that seeing Jamarcus “Fatboy” Russell running around camp would be a fun sight to see. As I plan to have a good time at camp this year seeing our boys in action. One boy in particular go Asher Allen go! Asher for nickel CB!

Hell GP I have AA penciled in for Griffen not nickel. Who do you have starting in Griffens spot? No way he’ll be ready to start the season.

• vikingfan1490 says:

its going to be lito sheppard that starts for griffin , also they already said that asher allen will be fighting against sapp for the nickle spot .

11. G.P. says:

I would love yup love to see Asher in for Griffin. My only concern is that that, may not happen because by the end of preseason Cedric will be well and good. I’m trying to picture the best but not get my hopes up cause I’m sort of a jinx. It seems like when I really want something the opposite happens. I’m trying not to put the fact that I want Asher in for Griffin out there cause as my luck would have it, it wouldn’t happen. It sounds childish I know but I take my football seriously and Asher playing and having a glowing career very seriously. So I’ll let you put the good ideas out there. Good thinking B.J. 84!

And dont forget GP we dont know for sure if Winnfield will be 100%. He could very well end up in the nickel position so AA could be in the cat birds seat. I better shut up or I’ll jinx him for sure.

13. G.P. says:

…Your good thoughts and ideas are much liked and appreciated. Its okay if you put them out there you are a lucky dude. I on the other hand am like the walking version of Murphy’s Law. I just don’t think the kid needs my bad juice hahaha. So no worries my good man.

Just remember there are few true playmakers out there and AA is one of them and Sanford is one also.

• G.P. says:

agreed B.J. 84! Very true.

• Fragile Freds says:

How many blue gym mats can Ashner Allen jump over anyway?

• vikingfan1490 says:

yeah im thinking we need to start a Asher Allen and Jamarca Sanford fan club. they both should be playing alot this season. better yet they r letting Sanford play both safety spots so i hope he will be starting for tyrell and tyrell will go and take over for williams and they let williams go .

Two questions for the general population:

1) AK – when is the baby scheduled to arrive?

2) Anyone know where that old bastard Coach Bud has been hiding? Freds misses that old kook. Freds hopes he’s just wasting his time watching that dog ass Twins team and not well….. you know.

Freds apologizes in advance to the old, the bastards, kooks and the entire Twins baseball team. Sorry if Freds offended anyone.

According to Mrs. Warwas, the baby boy will be arriving at about kickoff of the Vikings/Saints game…

… I have already apologized for my inexplicable absence from the birth of our first born.

đŸ˜‰

• Fragile Freds says:

Not a very wise choice. If you plan that strategy, you better darn well have Colt McCoy in the delivery room with your bride.

Just so you know, Freds, I’m not…well…you know. Your favorite old kooky bastard is alive and mostly well. Randomly opened up to see where things are at here, and there was your question. I AM watching my Twins, they’ll be just fine, so no worries there.

Sorry to have been absent for so long. Been a tough couple months at the Grant household but we’re gonna be OK. Got a little pre-mee grandson on board now, and he’s gonna be OK. Although it is hard to imagine right now, I project him as a linebacker.

By the way, I got no time whatsoever for this Jamarc guy, so let’s not even think about that. Did we upgrade our OL recently? Just wondering how that’s goin’. I saw we cut a couple rookies – wondered if they are really worse than Mr. Cook.

• Fragile Freds says:

Glad to hear you are well Buds. Glad things are improving on the home front. I guess linebacker would be fine, but why not a soft hitting, shut down corner like someone that will go unnamed?

Hang in there Buds!

Nothing wrong with a good shut down corner, Freds, but I prefer one that tackles. Always felt that made our defense a little better when we had that skill on our corners. Just a personal preference, I suppose.

How ’bout you, sir. You got your whole roster on the home front and ready to play?

Oh, and apology accepted on behalf of the Twins and the “old”, Freds. I can’t speak for the bastards and the kooks.

15. starrC10 says:

Freds, he has got to be busy after winning that prestigious award.

I wonder if Asher Allen can long snap, Loeffler’s name is too awkward to say.

16. CalVkg says:

funny, adam. why would we waste a perfectly good super bowl ring on this guy?

lots of posting here in july and you’re not even using the hot latina chick and hot pics!!!!! must be a sign!!

17. Great post, Adam. You da bomb!!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!

18. CSlinde says:

If we sign him, we could cut McKinney and have a better LT for years!

19. TheJazzyOne says:

You worried me a bit when I saw the headline.