The Routine Is On Schedule

Brett Favre hates being a part of training camp and practicing with the team that is about to pay him $13 million for playing 16 games of football.

Instead, he prefers to practice with the youngsters of Oak Grove High School in his home town, which he did on Thursday morning, right on schedule with last year’s drama.

Oak Grove coach Nevil Barr said, “His arm is great like always.  As far as how his ankle is I haven’t heard him say anything about it. We don’t ask him a whole lot on that.”

Favre is allowed more double standards than any other player in the NFL, but one has to wonder what the reaction would be if Favre injured himself playing with high schoolers in the wake of Steve Smith’s flag football gaff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

9 Responses to “The Routine Is On Schedule”

Careful there Adam, you dont want to jinx the Silver Fox, do you? It would make Freds happy though.

I’m not trying to jinx him, and I’m not forcing him to play with high schoolers. I’m just saying, get your butt into Mankato and practice with the people that you will be going to battle with on the big stage.

I’m sure if he did get hurt, he would get a pass from everybody, meanwhile Steve Smith is made out to be some sort of major goat.

We both know there wont be any Favre sightings in Mankato. I dont like it either but that’s the big old shitburger we have to eat to be an elite team.

2. Sad Brad says:

I don’t think Favre has much potential for injury; He’s just doing dropbacks and throwing passes to HS kids. Steve Smith was playing an 11 v 11 flag football game with NFL players and alumni and broke his arm making contact on a reception.

That being said, I hope he shows up earlier than the 3rd preseason game. When he did that last year it was obvious he was out of rhythm for the first two games.
    He’ll have the advantage of familiarity with the team this year, but if he gets off to a sluggish start against the Saints we’ll be hard pressed to keep up.

3. CalVkg says:

rest up ye lads of purple and gold, soon we wield the axe again

4. As usual, Adam, you are right on target. I could not agree more. I like Brett and all, at least I can say that I’m glad he is a Viking, but for the bread he’s gettin’, he should be doing what he’s ‘sposed to be doing. bigjohnny, your terminology is also right on target!
    SB, where did you hear that stuff about #89? Just wonderin’,I live in Carolina, I guess I’m just outta touch ’cause it’s the offseason. That’s going to change.
    Finally, CV, I got five words. Hell yeah! Come Git Some!! SKOL VIKINGS!! OK, Seven words.

Don’t under sell those kids from Oak Grove. Tough bunch of dudes. Smart too. Hey, this being nice thing is really going well!!