Add This To The Bulletin Board

Appearing on NFL Network last night I had a good chuckle when I heard Nick Barnett say that not only is the Pack going to unseat the Vikes as the top of the NFC North, but they are Super Bowl bound.

Get the bulletin board ready, Vikings coaches!

Listen, Nicky, you could have gone to the Super Bowl last year, too.

However, the defense which you supposedly lead, decided to give up 51 points to the Arizona Cardinals.  So, despite the fact that your offense scored a whopping 45 points in that game you still couldn’t muster a victory because YOUR defense stunk it up that badly.

Perhaps, Nicky, if you had a single sack, defended pass, interception, or forced fumble in that game (which you didn’t) then you could have gone to the Super Bowl.  Your measly four tackles and one assist wasn’t going to get it done, and you knew that.

Heck, perhaps home field advantage would’ve been enough to get you to the Super Bowl.  But that didn’t work out because when the Vikes played the Pack your defense was nowhere to be seen, giving up an average of 34 points in those two games.  Your 14 tackles and 1 defended pass against a 40 year old quarterback wasn’t going to get it done then either.

So, until you prove to be worthy of an interview, sit down and shut up and watch as the Vikings win the north for the third season in a row.

You are not going to the Super Bowl, but you might get another chance to give up 50 points to another wild card team… I’ll give you that much credit.

29 Responses to “Add This To The Bulletin Board”

What an arrogant SOB. Would like to see Favre drill him in the nuts with a pass just like Burt Reynolds did in Longest Yard.

2. Zag says:

Buck Farnett. I’ve always hated Nick Barnett, he’s nothing but a thug. Does he honestly think the packers have a chance? Offensively, they aren’t terrible, but defensively they are AWFUL. They’re in the middle of a transition from a 4-3 to a 3-4, and they just sent their best defensive player (Kampman) to Jacksonville. Doesn’t exactly look like a defense that will stop the Vikings ground game.

You seemed a little cynical and sarcastic in that post, Adam. Now don’t get me wrong, I loved it, but you OK?

I say watch out for the Pack. If they pick up a couple more linemen from any of several Green Bay taverns, they could be tough. There’s some big boys in those taverns, let me tell ya! When they flip that hair out of their eyes, they mean business, and women had better watch themselves when that happens.

• Fragile Freds says:

Buds,

You think AK sounds a bit sour now? Just wait until Mrs W kicks out that new baby. We will be seeing posts at some very early hours and due to the lack of sleep (and a lack of other life necessities) our guy will be in full melt down mode. Fred expects many four letter words, spelling errors and plenty of Packer hatred.

Fred can’t wait!!

Yeah, Adam’s life is about to change. But fear not AW, you’re gonna love it. Seein’ them young-uns running around and grow up is worth all the changes. I think he’s gonna handle it just fine, Freds. And you gotta admit you wouldn’t have it any other way either.

Life is going to change, for sure. But I am so excited for that, I promise you.

The edginess comes from reading about no good scoundrals like Nicky boy who think they have the right to talk smack all offseason long rather than go out and win football games.

I’d rather have a one legged EJ Henderson playing LB for me than this sorry sack.

Packers should be good again this year. Zags is right on when he talks about Kampman being gone, that is really going to hurt them. The rest of their defense is fair at best. Their offense will be very good again as long as their offensive line gets better and they can run the football a bit. Who knows maybe the addition of Bryan “short arms” Bulaga will help. They won’t suck, 10-6. In Freds pea sized mind, one major difference between the Vikes and the rest of the division is depth. Fred believes the Vikes can withstand injuries significantly better than the rest of their division.

Barnett is a kook, they won’t win the division nor superbowl. This is as dumb as Ray Ray Edwards flapping his breezer about breaking the sack record a couple years back. Almost as bad as Coolio predicting he would be doing the “happy dance” with ABV by the end of the 2011 Viking season.

Predictions just aint what they used to be!

Johnny….. Angry Management class tomorrow, 6:00 pm. Fred will come by the farm at 5:20. Please be done with your “chores” and don’t wear those filthy overalls!!

I’ll be waiting Freds and I’ll even put on a clean shirt but actually a couple Colt 45’s will take care of the anger problem. And if I remember correctly you still owe your old pal a steak and 45’s.

• starrc10 says:

Disagree, Kampman was mediocre at best as a Linebacker. And they finished 2nd in the league in overall defense, including stealing our beloved #1 Rush D title.

This team is no joke.

Neither are we.

Skol!

Is Iowa a southern state? Freds better be careful he doesn’t insult his southern friends again. Freds apologizes in advance to those who do “chores”, wear overalls and of course to ABV and most especially to Mr. ABV, who might kick Freds ass for such comments about his lovely purple loving bride.

Sorry.

Question for Coach:
    Remember Jim Vellone? He was a Guard I believe. Played in the mid 60’s for us.
    Was he any good? A little before my time.
    I apologize in advance to Freds for bringing up old times. And to anyone else who hates to hear those ancient stories from Coach. Also to Coach, for making you feel old.

I do remember Jim Vellone, c.c. He was a starter for us for several years, but Jimmy came down with some form of cancer that took his career and life quite early. Pretty well liked, and I am gonna say he came out of USC, but you’d have to check me on that.

Nothing on here makes me feel old, cart. That happens all by itself. Seeing Freds do so many apologies is what scares me.

• c.carterhof says:

Thanks for the info Coach. Sorry to hear that about him. If he was well liked by that group of guys, he was cool.

7. CalVkg says:

hey, hey, now, anybody can go to the super bowl, maybe they bought tickets already, so don’t discount that Prick, Darnett, or his predictions

vikes will be better and more HONGREEEEEEE than ever this year

8. Viking John says:

Freds, you going to pick on me? I am in a Northern state. We don’t wear overalls, but we do wear snowmobile suits and stockin caps.
    Gets kinda cold in the winter. We even need a heater to keep the 45’s from freezing. Did you ever have a Colt-sicle Freds????
    Go Vikes

9. Ole says:

per PFT – “Vick had to be restrained in confrontation before shooting”

per VG – “Freds’s dodging coconuts after insulting Viking fans in southern states”

• c.carterhof says:

Thats right Ole, and I am one of those “red necked, toothless, skinney, inbred” southern boys.
      Better watch yer back Fred! 🙂

Fred realizes that this is a football site, but Fred is hoping Labrons Jame gets hit by a bolt of lightning today.

Word has just reached Freds shell shocked ears that Labron is hosting a one hour show on ESPN tomorrow to tell people who give a rats ass where he is playing next year?

Fred loves basketball, college and below, but pro basketball sucks. Really sucks. This putz is a prime example of why.

This is a prime example of why pro sports is rapidly going in the crapper. Though pro football isn’t this bad yet, Fred fears it will be soon.

Buds, please tell your grandson to grow up soon, send Freds a copy of his pee wee league schedule so I have something enjoyable to watch.

F Labron, Kobe, Shaq, Phil Jackson and the rest of that crappy league.

Your old pal Freds needs to go get some Purple Drank to settle his nerves.

So much for the apologetic, nice guy formerly known as Fragile Freds. I knew it would just be a matter of the right topic, although my money was on politics. But I hear ya loud and clear, Freds. It will be a proud day in the household the first time my little grand-trooper steps up to the T-ball stand, or takes the handoff and stops to wait for the defenders to bowl him over. (His mother thinks he’ll play piano. She may have been a bit over-exposed to the sporting world here at home.)

11. SupaScout says:

It isn’t just the men in Wisconsin it should be no problem to pick up a 400 lb. heifer from one of the local pubs. The ladies in our friendly neighbors to the East are huge and could slam a pro QB without dropping a bead of sweat.

12. CSlinde says:

Way to get fired up Dubs!!! That HAS to be one of the biggest rants I’ve seen you go on! Must mean we’re gettin’ close to ‘the most wonderful time of the year’!

Barnett is a bum

Just another 63 days, thats right 63 days to opening kickoff. 63 Kirk Lowdermilk days that is.

I like your countdown, cart. Looking forward to Eddie White and Roy Winston, but for the life of me I’m drawin’ a blank between those two at 61. Too bad we missed Jim Marshall, Grady Alderman and Gary Larsen within the last week.

Yeah Coach, White and Winston are shoo ins. For 61, there are a couple. Wes Hamilton and Larry Bowie. I remember Hamilton, but Bowie played from 62 to 68 with us. Maybe you could help out about him?
    It will get interesting as we go, for instance, who gets the nod at #28. AD, or Rashad? I like AD alright but Rashad was one of my favorites. What do you think? Maybe we should put it to a vote?

Consider my memory jogged. Both were good players but I would need to give the nod to Hamilton. I believe the record would show that he started numerous more games than Bowie, but I wouldn’t know for sure. Yup, 28 will be interesting. I think we are pretty set with Blair at 59 and Hilgenberg at 58, right? Then I go blank again at 57.

Bill Jobko 1963-65

Doug Dumler 1976-77

Paul Harris 1978

Derrel Luce 1979-80

Robin Sendlein 1981-84

Chris Martin 1987-88

Mike Merriweather 1989-92

William Sims 1994

Dwayne Rudd 1997-00

Raonall Smith 2002-05

There a list of #57’s Coach. You are right, slim pickins.

I’ll be interested to see your choice here, cart. Don’t think there is a clear one by any means. I’m lovin’ the memories of these names, though.

18. Keennan says:

Hi, I’m a newbie, glad to be here. I register on this forum to wish that I can post a question and perhaps give answers if I can. Thanks!

My favorite website: Bupus – online classifieds