Spielman Says No To T.O. And Pitts

KSTP-TV sports director Joe Schmit tweeted Monday that the Vikings will not be making a run at free agent wide out Terrell Owens or free agent guard Chester Pitts.

The Vikings not going after Owens is no surprise, as Brad Childress had front row tickets to see that show once upon a time, but the fact that the Vikings have ruled out Pitts without even seeing him work out his repaired knee is interesting to me.

I would say that is a vote of confidence for Anthony Herrera and Chris DeGeare.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

16 Responses to “Spielman Says No To T.O. And Pitts”

1. Adam Warwas says:

Okay, so, I want to make the “risers and faller” or “hot and cold” or “buy and sell” type of thing that was suggested awhile back a regular feature. But I need a good name for it that ESPN isn’t already using. Any ideas from you all?

Champs and chumps

Studs and dudds

4. CO Vike Fan says:

hmmm, those are good, but how about something Viking-related? Tough to find the right words – plunderers and plundered? I bet some history buff in the group can come up with something better.

Vikes & Dikes? I dunno.
    I do know that 51 days from now Vikes will be playing the season opener. 51 is a tough one, but after careful consideration…
    We are 51 Ben Leber days away from the start of the 2010 NFL season.

6. Ole says:

Kramer – Cuozzo
    Eller – Underwood
    Tinglehoff – Tinkerbell
    Bud Grant – Tess Steckel
    Met Stadium – Metrodump
    Aloha State – Land of the Midget Son
    All Day or No Way
    Tice – Green (these two are interchangeable)

Good job on the numbers, cart. With you all the way. 50 is a lock I assume, and I think 47, 45 and 44 are clear. Will be curious to see 49, 48 and 46.

Some good contrasts there Ole. I’ll add a couple:
    Adrian – Hershel
    Zygi – Lynn

Could we at least LOOK at Pitts? My gosh (pardon my language), we are turning a blind eye on our OL!!

• c.carterhof says:

Hey Coach. Maybe you could help me out at 49. Im thinking I got it, but what about Dale Hackbart? Says he played from 66-70, dont know anything about him. He was a DB, maybe he also returned kicks?
      Also, a week from today, me and the Mrs are going to that wonderful little cabin in the woods. We will be gone til the following Tuesday. Could you fill in for me on the countdown? That would be numbers 43 to 38.

• Ole says:

Viking #49

Dale Hackbart
        Ed Marinaro
        Keith Nord
        Tony Richardson
        Obafemi Ayandacan’tspellit

Hope Dugan changes his number to #1, would hate to see Benny Ricardo take that top spot

Well cart, I say it boils down to Hackbart or Marinaro, you could make a case for either which is what made me curious. Hackbart was a head hunter, perhaps one of the better special teams Vikings of all time. He didn’t care who got hurt, whether it was the opponent, a teammate or even himself, as long as he got to put a lick on. Personally. I would lean toward Dale, but a strong case could be made for Eddie as well.

Boy – 43 through 38 is a tough stretch. I’ll see what I can do for ya. Fellow bloggers are welcome to help me out.

Fred is sure they did the correct amount of work on Pitts. Dude is shot. If the Vikings picked up all the junk on the scrap heap that the fans called for, this team would be riddled with old broken down players.

Fred agrees however we could use help on the O line. But have confidence, Coach of the year Brad hasn’t steered us wrong yet!!

Buds watch your tongue…..”gosh”. You’re getting to sound like that gutter mouth BJohnny.

So are we bringing Sage to camp or not? I guess we have to wait until Banjo says yes or no officially before letting Sage go?

Eller & Underwood. Wow…there is two ends of the spectrum.

Freds felt bad for Underwood, my man clearly had some mental illness issues he struggled with. Very sad.

Pehaps as bad a pick as the Vikes ever made.

10. starrc10 says:

What kind of money is Pitts looking to make?

Perhaps, Freds, although DJ Dozier, Gino Teretta, Troy Williamson and Duane Clemons would at least be in the picture. Still, Demitrius is prolly the champ.

“If the Vikings picked up all the junk on the scrap heap that the fans called for, this team would be riddled with old broken down players.” Let’s see, any examples of that over the last few years…??? Well… maybe one…

Latest word from Favre is that his ankle is “starting” to feel a little better, and he should be at 100% in late August. He feels its best if he justs rehabs at home. See Freds, its all good!

Good afternoon everyone.
    Whew, hot one today!
    Training camp draws near, then some meaningless games. And then…50 days from now, the real deal. Yes, thats right, we are only 50 Jeff Siemon days away from opening kickoff.