Four Days, Six Rookie To Go

The Vikings have signed seventh round fullback Ryan D’Imperio and fifth round linebacker Nathan Triplett to deals already.

With training camp set to start on Friday, there are still six rookies in need of rookie deals.  They are:

• Second Rounder (#34) Chris Cook, CB
  • Second Rounder (#51) Toby Gerhart, RB
  • Fourth Rounder (#100) Everson Griffen, DE
  • Fifth Rounder (#161) Chris DeGeare, OL
  • Sixth Rounder (#199) Joe Webb, QB
  • Seventh Rounder (#214) Mickey Shuler, TE

Joe Webb remains the only sixth rounder of 2010 that has not yet signed a deal, while Mickey Shuler is one of only three seventh rounders that remain unsigned.

D’Imperio received a four year deal worth $1.837 million and Triplett signed a four year contract worth $1.942 million.

According to the “slotting” theory, Webb should be looking at a four year, $1.88 million contract.  Shuler will be looking at about the same length of time but getting about $1.85 million.

Chris DeGeare is looking at a four year, $1.96 million contract.  Four years and $2.33 million would be the range to look for in regards to Everson Griffen.

Only five second round picks have signed so far, so it is harder to get a feel for what type of deals we might expect for Gerhart and Cook.

30 Responses to “Four Days, Six Rookie To Go”

1. G.P. says:

8 days till I head off to camp. Quick question fellas anyone ever been to Mankato? What is there to do besides watch our boys practice? I’m open to suggestions.

GP, they have a pretty nice mall. They have a classic car dealer and a neat pizza joint with alot of Vikings memorabilla. It’s a nice place.

2. CalVkg says:

they used to have a good motocross track there

3. G.P. says:

B.J. 84 what’s the name of the pizza place? sounds like fun and I love food. Are there any other good places to eat? I’ll be there for five days so eating is you know really important.

GP, I dont remember the name of it but I think it’s only a couple blocks east of the practice field. They have an Applebees also and a nice buffet across from the mall, I met Chuck Foreman there a couple years ago.

Jakes Stadium Pizza. Straight east on Stadium Road. gotta go there!

Numerous good places to eat up around the River Hills Mall on the far northeast side of the city. Menards is up there too, so you’ll be in good shape GP! Things have changed some since my days there, but still a good town in which to kill a few days.

• G.P. says:

Thanks B. Good to know it’s a good place to chill for a bit. Also good to know where all the good eats are! Yeah any place with good food is the place for me.

And GP are you gonna have a computer so you can keep us informed with your take on how they are doing?

5. CSlinde says:

Read this link. Wtf? Hearing chatter about haynesworth again too. Any input Adam?

CS

T.O. to Minny isn’t worth your time fretting about. I’ve been thinking for about a week now that the Vikings may have renewed interest in Haynesworth, however.

They were interested on draft day. They haven’t added a defensive tackle between then and now.

It’s possible. T.O…. not so much… unless there is an injury soon.

Adam, what’s the scoop? Could this Webb be for real, or just another hitchhiker?

• Fragile Freds says:

Buds,

This dude can jump over like 8 blue mats stacked one on top of another. How can he fail?

To be honest, I haven’t actually seen Webb do anything yet. That’s why I disagree with the 18 game season and cutting into preseason… i love seeing these no-names try to establish themselves in preseason.

7. G.P. says:

Yup Johnny! I think my hotel has high speed internet if it does I will sure enough be keeping my fellas posted. My other goal acquire some autographs. What kind of buffet? Because I think the word buffet is a beautiful. Chinese? I wonder how likely it is that I’ll run into the guys outside of practice?

GP, maybe coach could help me on the buffet, it’s across the road to the South and they have everything from steak, chicken, pizza and a bunch of deserts. I’ve never seen any of the guys around after practice but I hear they go to the mall sometimes. Several years ago they had a rookie autograph signing at the mall, most notably I got Kevin Williams and Mike Tices autographs. Less notably, Onterrio Smith.

Old Country Buffet. johnny, I think its right at the entrance to the mall complex. You won’t leave hungry.

8. G.P. says:

Very cool johnny you must have quite a nice autograph collection! I’m excited and I figure if push comes to shove I can hide is the bushes after practice and get my football signed. hahaha just kidding.

Actually GP they do have some autograph sessions after practice. The days and times should be listed.

Freds pal G.P. regarding Vikings training camp. The town is a yawner!!. Find a nice women, a hotel, a rack of Colt 45s……do you need more detail?

Just be careful or your date doesn’t end up looking like Freds new facebook pal Emili. Nothing wrong with looking like Emili does, nice looking gal as matter of fact. Your old pal is just done with, the production of little Freds. Thank God for that!!!

Come to think of it GP, Freds new pal Emili is WAY out of your league!!!

AK has some nice looking women subscribing or following, or whatever the hell people do on Facebooks.

Buds, will you be Freds Facebook Pals?

Freds those are the VG groupies. That is some good advice for GP also.

Is it a bad thing that I am nt even a follower of Vikings Gab on facebook? I haven’t logged into my facebook for a year and a half. The Mrs. keeps me updated on the Facebook happenings, however… right, freds 🙂

Sorry Freds, not a Facebook guy. Just not for me, guess I’m a little too guarded.

And just because ‘Kato doesn’t have an escort boat service on a lake does not make it a yawner. Good Vike fans down there. The beverage of choice is a Bud, of course, so you would have to make the adjustment.

Buds, that is true, very good fans down in Mankato. Like you, Fragile can’t be found on Facebooks, Twittler, Chat this or picture that. The whole thing is kind of creepy. But BJohnny tells Freds the internets dating sites have some very nice girls that one could bring home to Momma.

Buds how difficult is it to get film for your Polaroid Instamatic?

“Buds how difficult is it to get film for your Polaroid Instamatic?”

That’s 15 yards, my friend. “Unnecessary Roughness”. I’ll have you know I gave Mrs. Grant a digital camera for Christmas a couple years ago and we now have several thousand pictures of our grandchildren. Not sure where the Instamatic is right now, but I am sure you can pick it up on our “end-of-life auction” sometime in the future.

Let’s hope that auction doesn’t come anytime soon. But in anticipation of the big day, ebay might be a good choice. Freds bets you can fetch a pretty penny for that college empty beer can collection you’re so proud of, never mind the snazzy lettermans sweater you refuse to throw out, the leather helmet and how about the Tommy James and the Shondell’s collection?

Please have someone from your crew contact Freds when, you, well….you know.

No Freds, that would be my baseball card collection that I foolishly refused to sell, my tattered Twins baseball cap, my autographed Vikings football, and my Johnny Rivers collection. My people will be in touch when, well…, you know.

14. Tyler says:

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that
    I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.

15. The Platinum Coast, Bottom Bay secluded, The
    Crane and Miami Beach are a wonderful region to be screwed directly
    into the tunnel reading” This was a 73-yard run to the recipient. For starters one needs not be intimidated by those who can’t bear to part with their cold one. In The End, this match-up seemed challenging at the minute-by-minute equipment failure of each pelage, and simpleton would furnish respectable contest to a few of the smaller cities nearby. A wine carrier defeats both of these issues with one fell swoop.