Well, Favre Watch Just Got “Off The Charts” Weird

Just when I didn’t think this whole Favre Watch thing could get any weirder.

I’m not sure how much weight to give this, for lack of a better term, “teaser” put out by Deadspin.com.  After all, I’m not a real big fan of Deadspin but have never really heard of them being proven wrong or slanderous, really.

Anyways, apparently the sports scandal superstars (Deadspin, that is) has some dirt on Mr. Favre that could make this whole Favre watch thing a little weirder.  Actually, they sound confident this could get a lot weirder.

Here is what the website had to say on Tuesday evening under the headline “Hilariously Gross Brett Favre News To Surface Soon”:

And it has nothing to do with his alleged retirement this time around. No, no — it turns out the heroic Gunslinger of yore has a little scoundrel in him, too. But you must wait, mongrels.Here’s somewhat of a [sic’d] clue:

PS, when the texts/pics/calls started… [Redacted] asked Peter King about the phone number.. and King said he didn’t have that number for him. So this is a completely separate bat phone that no one including his best friends knows about. He’d ask me to send him video again.. or some sh-t every once in a while.. like I “did before’.. (and I never did) which means, this scum bag prolly was doing this to multiple women…

I don’t want to get famous for this.. or have anything to do with this.. but.. I hate the fact that every one loves on this guy when I can’t even stand to watch his wranglers commercials.

He’s a pro.

To make this even more interesting — the person on the receiving end of Favre’s clumsy overtures is someone you’re probably familiar with as well.

But be patient. We’ve been patient, so you must be, too. This person’s story could do wonders for keeping Favre’s name out of our football conversation for the next three months. Let’s just say this — you’ll never be able to think of Brett Favre without thinking about Crocs.

****

Thanks for your continued support of Deadspin. Sleep well, Brett.

Hmm… uh oh.  Does this mean Brett is running for Congress?

21 Responses to “Well, Favre Watch Just Got “Off The Charts” Weird”

1. Fran the Man says:

WTF does that even mean?
    We’re about to get some off the wall, weird news about Favre’s personal life?
    You’re right Adam, this is going off the charts.

None of this would have even happened if Lord Favre had stayed retired (The first time)
    And if Childo had of picked up one of over a dozen quality QB’s that have been available in the last 4 years.

2. I have no idea what any of that means.

I don’t think I want to.

3. Jesse says:

This is crap what the hell does even mean! You right a G’D blog for godsake and you print theis incoherent dribble! As a new subscriber this post is making me SERIOUSLY considering NOT following your blog.

Jesse (and everyone else),

Sorry for the ambiguity of the post. I don’t even know what really to make out of this other than it looks like Deadspin might be sniffing around some sort of Favre sex scandal.

The part in quotes is from Deadspin, but as for the rest of the incoherent dribble that I “right”, well, sorry.

• Fran the Man says:

Two words;
      Spell Check
      Two more words;
      Anger management (Thanks Freds!, it worked wonders for me)

Cool down there Jesse. We’ll just have to wait to see what this means. I’m the last person in the world to preach about spelling but you need to work on yours pal.

5. Jesse says:

I put “right” on purpose to prove a point, did it not annoy you that I spelled “write” as “right” you betit did and that’s my point!! When you print crap that ANNOYS your readers! I dont care where you got the info from YOU printed that stuff on YOUR site so that mean YOU are open to criticisms.

Bigjohnny I ain’t your pal GUY!

6. Fran the Man says:

Mystery solved;

And Jese (I mispelled that on purpose, to prove a point) STF up.

7. Jesse says:

(DELETED COMMENT FOR LANGUAGE)

Jesse, I appreciate your insight and hope you stick around to keep giving opinions and keeping this self-admitted hack blogger in check. But the language has to remain PG-13 or comments will get deleted.

Thanks!

8. Ole says:

Hey Jesse, do you live in North Korea or something? If not, no one is forcing you to read these articles.

Now either grow up, or enjoy the remainder of your incarceration

As it stands right now Jesse, I won’t miss you one bit. Here’s hopin’ you’re not who you appear to be from your posts.

I would take it a little further, johnny, but you probably put it best.

Coach I would have taken it farther if this wasnt a PG-13 forum. Did you see the comment to Fran before it got deleted?

Fran it pissed me off enough for the both of us. I was working on a PG-13 response when Adam deleted the jerks comment. Probably a good thing you didnt see it.

I did not, and I assume that would have somehow lowered my opinion of him even more. He’s not a Gabber, thats for sure.

12. Tomb... says:

Easy guys…I’m guessing his mom started charging him rent to live in her basement, and he’s just lashing out.