Favre Arrives; The Threesome Does The Job Of Getting Him to Comeback

“Favre Watch 2010” seems to be drawing to a close, as all reports indicate that Brett is back, and will be ready to go on Thursday, September 9th when the Vikings take on the Saints in the season opener Kickoff game on NBC.

Here’s the latest from the Star Tribune on the comeback:

Favre flew on a private jet into Flying Cloud Airport in Eden Prairie. There were about 50 fans there who began to arrive as the plane sat on the tarmac and Favre, Jared Allen, Steve Hutchinson and Longwell got off. Favre then got into the passenger seat of Longwell’s car, with Hutchinson and Allen in their cars right behind.

There is little doubt that the recruiting pitch put on by those three played a major role in getting Favre to return. As Longwell pulled out of the airport, Favre got out of the car, hugged an unidentified man who had been let into the restricted zone and gave a wave to the fans as they drove through the gate.

Favre and Longwell then returned to the Vikings facility. It’s unclear if there will be a news conference this evening or if that will be held on Wednesday. The Vikings are scheduled to practice at 11:40 Wednesday morning but that time could always be changed.

Jason LaCanfora says that as far as money goes, at the close of business Tuesday there have been no changes to the deal that Favre has, and unless there are changes to his contract, he’ll play the 2010 season for the $13 mil he inked for last season.

37 Responses to “Favre Arrives; The Threesome Does The Job Of Getting Him to Comeback”

Another notch lower the bar is placed as a result of selling off to this joke…

Can you EVER imaging Bud Grant doing this back in the day?

So sad. But…..enjoy!

So Freds are you gonna lay any blame at “coach of the year Brads” feet? He could’ve put and end to all this crap along time ago.

3. Another Blonde Viking says:

Nope, Buds was the man! But, I’m glad it’s over and we can see if Brett is healed or not. You don’t think the performances by Sage and the Newbie QB had ole Brett a thinkin’ do ya?

Or was it “the escort”?

Go Vikes!

All I know is we dont have to watch Jackson or Sage lead this team to a 9-10 win season.
    With Favre we could win 12-13. Without him, no chance of that happening.

We will see. Yep, we will see in 23 Ted Brown days!

If this absolutely needed to happen, then it should have been handled a whole lot differently. I cannot put into words…

Doesnt matter what it looks like from the outside.
    All that matters is, how it is on the inside.
    I got a feeling that locker room is a pretty tight knit group. Only ones upset are Jackson and Rosenfels. Sorry fellas.

7. wtfvikesfan says:

sage sucked last game!!!!!!!!!!

8. wtfvikesfan says:

sage will be traded!!!

• Nume says:

Hopefully he will :P. I just hope potential suitors just look at his stat line and dont notice that most of his passes were short and/or off of the receivers, but the defense was so bad the receivers could just adjust to the ball and score anyways :P.

9. Ole says:

T-Jack will stay
    Sage will stay
    Webb – practice squad (hopefully)

…..favre …… same old S***

• CSlinde says:

Webb will not be put on the practice squad with the risk of him being snatched by another team. Too good an athlete and solid pro debut.

Yep, Sage will probably be gone. It should be Jackson, but he’s Chillys boy. If anyone is to blame for this mess, it’s Chilly. But hey, dude has improved every year, you go Chilly!

I have no problem with this Favre thing. Lets look at past embarrassments to this team. The DUIs, drug problems (even in Buds day). Herschel Walker, Mike Tice and his ticket scalping. The Whizzinator, Moss, and his cop running over, ref bottle squirting, walking off the field, weed smoking self. The Love boat. Dwight Smith, and I’m sure there’s more that I’ve missed.
    Point is, c’mon man, this aint nothin. Just a team trying to be better.

This from Judd-
    That’s where Allen, Hutchinson and Longwell came in, convincing their buddy over a 15-hour period that they would take him back — even as slightly damaged goods. As those three got off the plane Tuesday, and just before Favre stepped onto the tarmac, the trio exchanged high-fives.

Sounds like a team.

This is our year, I am confident of that.

11. Fran the Man says:

“The Threesome Does The Job Of Getting Him to Comeback”
    Geez, so that’s all it took to get him back, a “Threesome”??
    No wonder that cute little stewardess outfit Chili tried out on Favre didn’t work.
    He swings the other way!

• Fragile Freds says:

Frans, your one sick mother. I guess that one was just a matter of time.

• Fran the Man says:

“Sick mother”??!!
        Geez Freds, that kind of hurts my feelings.
        I mean, who doesn’t appreciate a threesome every once in a while but have you gotten a good look at Hutch? I’ll bet Brett made him put a paper sack over his head.

• Fragile Freds says:

Not sure that last comment helped your old pal Fragile sort out his feelings about you being one sick Motha.

12. Ole says:

this entire event seems phony and staged

my question is, Who paid for the chartered airplane?

If it was anybody in the front office, this is an act. If Jared Allen, Hutch and “the kicker” (a little Jerry Burns lingo there) paid for the plane, then maybe its a legit

The countdown rolls on.
    It now says 22 days to go til opening kickoff. Wow, did I say 22 days? Yes. But no, its not just 22 days.

Its 22 Paul Krause days!
    The all time interception leader. If you look up “ball hawk” in the dictionary, there is a picture of this guy. His record may never be broken.

OK, Here’s the thing…

Yes, this is the best QB the Vikes have, and that is most of the problem. The Chill has let us get to the point where Favre can pull this (stuff) and knows we have no other card to play. The Packers cut ties because they had an alternative. We do not have anyone close to Aaron Rodgers ready to take over, so we are at his mercy.

Even so, I would have had no problem if there had been legitimate concern about the ankle, and from the very start (June) it would have been clear to everyone, “If I get the OK on my ankle, I will be in town the next morning to play QB in 2010.” Fine. But not this shrowd of secrecy and indecision, followed by three buddies flying down there and him being in town the next afternoon.

Nope, that doesn’t work for me. The tail is wagging the dog here. And I do not believe this is fine with everyone in that lockerroom. I realize “it is what it is” and I have to live with it. But I don’t have to like it, and I think Childress and Favre played this hand very poorly.

15. Dave says:

They weren’t convincing him to come back. They went there for an answer. They were going to welcome him back to the team or wish him well in retirement. This “begging” stuff is ridiculous. That isn’t how it happened.

So he just coincidentally comes back the next day? He was coming then anyway? How long he was going to wait if they hadn’t come? I was born in the night, but not last night.

• Nume says:

I think he’s saying that they were just there to say, are you coming yes or no. He was planning on coming anyways so they just kind of forced his hand to say right then and there, enough is enough and yes I’m coming. They interviewed Steve Hutchinson and thats basically what he sounded like they were doing. They just wanted an answer one way or the other so they could move on with the season either way.

• Fragile Freds says:

Dave I hope your being sarcastic, right?

16. Dave says:

And Ole, this plane is the Vikings’ plane. They own it.

• Ole says:

if the Vikings own the plane, all this nonsense is just another means to market the Minnesota Vikings, the NFL and favre

I have a solidly engrained pet peeve with having to kiss someone’s caboose to get them to do their work. Why does Favre insist on making the Vikings do that? It’s disrespectful to the organization, coaches and teammates. How this cannot be called preferential treatment is beyond me, and I think we all know what that causes in the workplace.

All I asked is that he be upfront with everyone as to what his intentions were, (waiting on the healing of the ankle? – fine, just say that – its a reasonable cause for delay) and then get up here and start earning your $13M without the ass kissing stage.

• Fran the Man says:

I think that’s their job ole, to market their services.

• Fragile Freds says:

Well said Buds. It’s a shame really. But people seem to only care about the wins, respect isn’t important, or so it seems.

• Dave says:

To me, this whole thing is overblown. It all boils down to a guy who doesn’t know if he can bring it or not. I’d rather have him wait and make a decision than go in half-assed. On the other hand, if it was just his ankle and he knew he wanted to play, he should have been here with the team rehabing his ankle.

I’m just glad he’s back and the drama is over… Hoping the ankle is good to go,and the Offensive line…

AND THE REFS !!!

18. Fran the Man says:

I just got a chance to watch that dirtbag Teddy Brushki’s comments on Favre. What a moron.
    “Hit him when he has the ball, hit him when he doesn’t. Hit him high, hit him low”
    That guy should be fired for his comments.

• Purple Charlie says:

Yeah,
      He is pretty classless, I hope the Vikings put a beating on the Patriots this year…

• Dave says:

Yeah Tedi pissed me off. I didn’t see that part though, I just saw the part where he said he lost all respect for the Vikings, that the Packers still sit atop the NFC North, and that the Saints provided the template on how to beat us: hitting Favre (illegally).

Sounds like something Rodney Harrison would say… Another moron…