Rumors Fly Of Favre Return Today

Here we go again.

On the same day that Jared Allen, Ryan Longwell, and Steve Hutchinson reportedly headed to Mississippi to talk with Brett Favre, it looks like rumors are heating up that Favre will announce his return today.

Favre’s own official website had this to say:

“Stay tuned for breaking news from the Minnesota Vikings today on Brett Favre’s possible return. Visit the Vikings.com and Officialbrettfavre.com for more information.”

Access Vikings has confirmed that Favre is currently on a flight to Minnesota.

Today is shaping up to be the day that the drama dies… unless it doesn’t.

UPDATE:  Jay Glazer says that Favre told the trio that visited him that he is “back in.”  Keep that SUV warm, Childress.

UPDATE II:  A private jet carrying Hutchinson, Longwell, and Allen has landed in Minnesota.  Favre is aboard the flight.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

19 Responses to “Rumors Fly Of Favre Return Today”

Great news. I’ll bet Rices hip will cure faster now too.

2. CalVkg says:

ok, ok, stay calm here, stay calm

WHOOOPPEEEEEE!!!!!

(couldn’t help myself)

Cal, I’m with ya
    Yeah Baby !!!

4. Nume says:

Lol now I keep checking the sites waiting for an official report that he is joining the team… but it sounds pretty sure so yeah :P. With Favre I try not to get my hopes up til he’s actually with the team practicing/playing though… lol.

5. Nume says:

Heh Judd’s reporting that he’s at the airport and he just saw Favre and the 3 Vikings get out of the plane, so it sounds like its pretty sure now that he’s coming back… unless he just wanted to go watch the Twins/sox series :P.

6. Nume says:

Lol phooey just noticed Update 2… you’re too fast for me 😛

Nume,
    I’m Ready to see it on Nfl Network, Should be soon!!!

8. […] try to keep as up to date on this one as possible, but it is my bedtime already! Otherwise Adam at the Vikings Gab is also on the case! Posted in Favre. Tags: brett favre, Favre, minnesota vikings. Leave a Comment […]

So why do three players have to miss a practice and go down there? Did they have a brief case full of money from a locker room collection? Does one of them know acupuncture and the ankle has miraculously improved? C’mon, this seems a bit bogus.

Adam, I look forward to you weighing in on “the story behind the story.”

• Nume says:

Lol it does seem like a bit of a strange scenario… from what heard somewhere (dont remember where) Favre supposedly asked to have those players come bring him back. He had already made his decision before they came. Of course this is probably just a rumor which may or may not be true, but yeah… :P. Either way I doubt it hurt any of those players too much to miss one practice.

Buds…your kidding right? The story behind the story is that this teen aged drama queen needed more attention. “Oh Brent, we need you man, we love you man!” “remember pants on the ground?” “what ever you want man”, “we love you man.”

If this drama was going on in Green bay, Freds pals here on VG would be sooooo critical, but here in Minnesota , it’s fine. AK is the only one with any seeds who is critical of this Richard.

Enjoy it. The picture has been painted just like your old Pal Fragile outlined. The idea that the Vikings of old would sell their soles for this jackass is crazy. It’s a disgrace, really.

It’s not the fact that he was a Packer, it’s just the lowering of the bar of a proud organization. The player doesn’t have to report to training camp, he can show up whenever he wants, undercuts the coaches.

Where are the Vikings fans of old? Probably on Facebook.

Bend over…. welcome to year two of “sell your sole”. It ain’t worth a ring for this touch hole.

Have a good day!

Buds, especially you, man….. turn in your blue plaid shirt.

• c.carterhof says:

Wrong Freddy! For a ring? Welcome back Banjo!

I hear ya, Freds, the old days are gone. Pro athletes get a lot wider road to travel than they used to. I like to see the Vikes have more points at the end of a game just like everyone else, but we have paid a price, to be sure.

I know he gives us a better chance to win, but when this all started a year ago, it did not sit well in my gut, and seeing three guys go down there and him coming back with them the same day just has a rotten smell to it. Jeez, what if we had to do this for a dozen players?

By the way Freds, the PURPLE plaid flannel shirt stays. I kept it through 4 Super Bowl losses, 6 Conference Championship losses, the Les Steckel year, the Love Boat, the Whizzinator, the scalped tickets and Randy Moss. I will still have it after Brett Favre actually retires. But this whole dog-and-pony show is in the same category.

Oh yeah, signed a “Viking fan of old”.