Favre to Practice Today; Maybe Play Sunday

If there ever was confirmation of #4 taking the field today, it was confirmed via the Vikings official website, and Judd Zulgad just tweeted about it a few minutes ago:

Vikings website confirms that Favre will practice today. Can’t say I’m surprised. I think he will play a series or two Sunday.

18 Responses to “Favre to Practice Today; Maybe Play Sunday”

Of course this is all dependent on the condition of his ankle, which apparently got much better Monday night some time.

Do I sense a little sarcasm in your voice Coach? Try not to lose to much sleep over this it’s out of our control.

• Nume says:

Lol yeah I get the feeling the ankle was just the excuse he used. I dont think it was ever nearly as much of an issue as he’d have us believe :P.

Yeah johnny, one more day, maybe two. I can get pretty irked at some things, and this became one. Like I said earlier, I know what it is, but I don’t have to like it. But you’re right. Nothing will change it. And we know that we are better this year with him here, so that will have to do.

That’s the attitude I’ve taken coach and ya it’s frustrating for sure. I just hope Favre doesnt suck this year because that would open up a whole new can of worms.

3. CSlinde says:

Chilly dropped a s#@! Bomb! Ha ha! Awesome!

4. CalVkg says:

ok, it’s done

now let’s break Brees’ arm off!!!!

YAAAHHHH!!!!!!!

5. wtfvikesfan says:

Sage could be moved
    10:14
    AM ET
    Sage Rosenfels | Vikings
    TopEmail

In the aftermath of the seemingly made-for-TV Brett Favre return on Tuesday, forward-thinking folks are wondering if Sage Rosenfels now finds himself on the trading block. Prior to Favre’s official return, a trade was very unlikely, as a backup to Tarvaris Jackson was needed, and Joe Webb has looked lost in his first NFL preseason.

But given the shaky state of other team’s backup situations — as summarized by Don Banks of Sports Illustrated — the Vikes have a nice trading chip in Rosenfels if they feel secure in having TJax as the backup to No. 4.

There’s been no indications yet that the Vikes are putting the feelers out on moving Sage, but it’s a move that would make sense if they can fill a hole elsewhere or pick up a draft pick for next April

6. wtfvikesfan says:

This one is a surprise for me…

Ravens still looking to trade?
    8:13
    AM ET
    Baltimore Ravens
    TopEmail

The recent rumors that the Baltimore Ravens were attempting to trade for a cornerback may have been just idle speculation.

Mike Preston of the Baltimore Sun — the organization that originally published the trade rumors involving the Denver Broncos — got word from Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome that there have been no discussions with the Broncos about trading for a CB, including Champ Bailey or Andre Goodman.

As we’ve noted previously, a trade with Minnesota for Lito Sheppard might be a little more feasible.

7. wtfvikesfan says:

Those are fun espn insider.

Assuming T-Jax a free agent in ’11 Vike may get a little thin a QB. Sage is signed and Vike may want him to compete for the position.

If Sage’s $ 4million/annum is going into Favre contract then Spielman may want to re-sign T-Jax sooner than later. T-Jax wasn’t considered worth a 3rd round tender price but emerges as best available option for 2011.

9. purplereign#57 says:

I’m just glad that he’s back. SKOL VIKINGS!!!