Weekend Discussion: Who Is The Rat?

Of all the things that happened over the last few days, the one that irks me most was some boneheaded player running their mouth to Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports about Childress and Favre’s relationship, and the locker room morale.

I don’t understand why a player would do this right now.  Childress is the head coach and that isn’t going to change in 2010.  Favre is the quarterback and that isn’t going to change in 2010 (barring injury or another complete turn of events).  The playbook also will not change.

All this does is create an even bigger locker room issue, an unneeded distraction, and media coverage that will make fans/ticket buyers skeptical of this year’s team.  It’s almost like this individual player wants to sabotage his head coach and is willing to do so without taking the team’s best interests into consideration.

So, my question for you in today’s “Weekend Discussion” is which player do you think spoke to Jason Cole?

My best guess (and this is just some hack bloggers literal GUESS) would be Ray Edwards.  It sounds like a defensive player talking, and he has proven that his mouth is too big.  He also has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to his contract status.

But, who knows.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

17 Responses to “Weekend Discussion: Who Is The Rat?”

Ray Ray would be #1 on the list but he said he wasnt upset with the Vikes over his situation. Who has the most to gain over this? Tjack? He doesnt seem the type to do this but he has been hurt the worst. Who knows this Jason Cole dude could just be blowing smoke out his ass.

2. Luke says:

How do we even know that ANYONE said anything? When the source is “unnamed” doesn’t that just mean that they want something to have happened, but it didn’t actually?

I read that article and it pissed me off. Not just about that part, but the whole thing was about “unnamed” sources.

It’s so annoying.

3. Luke says:

I also read that Cole wrote for Miami so he apparently has some connection with Sage.

Thats it! It was SAGE!

I’m with Luke,
    I don’t think anyone said it…
    Yahoo sports … (Bunch of Yahoo’s !!!)

6. Fran the Man says:

Cole sited “Multiple sources.”
    So it was at least two, if you believe him.
    I tend to believe him. Childress is SUCH a moron, I just can’t see much of the locker room being behind him.
    I think Zigi should fire him and place Favre as Player/Head coach. Hell, he’s already doing that now, so he might as well have the title too.

7. Brett says:

While this is somewhat disturbing to hear before the start of the season… it’s not like it’s something we (everyone else too) didn’t already know. Childress has no balls – it’s evident in everything he does. I just hope it doesn’t impact us much this season.

After this season though, if we don’t make it… please, please find another head coach.

13 – 3 Coach Brad, coach of the year!!

9. fozz44 says:

Guessing it was Chilly.

10. Ole says:

You guys are way off on your guesses. It’s gotta be Dugan and here is why.

Jeff Dugan – Fluent in Klingon
    Jason Cole – Fluent in Klingon

I suspect that while these two nerds are discussing what they are gonna wear at the next Star Trek convention, Dugan is lobbing verbal hand grenades about Chilly, favre etc.

11. Vikadan11 says:

If it was last year I would agree with you on Edwards ~ But even he has said this offseason that he wanted Favre back ~

If I’m guessing and trying to pick a person with a real reason it would be TJ ~ He is the one who lost the most when Favre came back and will have the most to gain if Chilly and Favre can’t agree on the sidelines and there is a breakup ~

This guy’s background is in Miami – then the mole is BMac, no question. He was likely at the Miami Herald when BMac was in college down there. Now he’s got someone to go back to for the inside info on the Vikes. And we have seen some character examples from our esteemed LT.

13. Jay says:

Cole admitted that he got his quotes from 2 different sources, and that the quotes werent actually the words stated by the players, but something similar. My guess is that Cole embelished a bit when writing this article. He loves to start drama.

14. purplereign#57 says:

It’s comments like Cole’s that truly test a player’s (and team’s) mettle. As the wizard said…PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN! Who cares who said it…pay it no mind, and WORK on making the team good enough to win it all!! FOCUS! You got a goal…achieve it, and don’t let ANYTHING stand in your way. NOTHING!
    C’mon guys, do what you’re paid to do. How bad do you want it?