Vikings To Add Walker Today

Well, last night we saw enough special teams impact out of Logan Payne to suspect that he is now a likely candidate to make the roster.

Today, however, he gets a little more competition.

Adam Schefter reports (Adam Schefter is still reporting things!?!?) that Javon Walker will finalize his deals with the Vikings today.

16 Responses to “Vikings To Add Walker Today”

1. fozz44 says:

Decent signing….low risk, potential very good return.

Walker did well with Favre before…..and has always had tremendous talent.

2. fozz44 says:

I agree Johnny….but they’ve got a serious challenge w/ depth right now with JJ done…and Rice/ Harvin not even suiting up yet.

I think Walker is just an insurance policy at this point….won’t be counted on for any significant contributions.

I’m still a free agent…..will be sitting by my phone in case Walker doesn’t work out.

You are hired Fozz just e-mail your number to Childo along with game films.

• starrc10 says:

What happened to JJ? From what I have heard, Logan should be a good fit for what JJ was doing.

JJ – broken thumb – out for the year.

I think we have to realistically accept that Percy won’t play any meaningful role in the Vikes future until a significant revelation comes about with these migranes. They have had a whole offseason to have this checked out, and are no further ahead than last year.

• Nume says:

Eh I’m not that down on Percy yet :P. From what Sugarman said his collapse was from some type of drug conflict or something. He did have a migraine but it wasnt any worse than anything he had last year.

3. Favrelous says:

With Rice’s injury history do you think Vincent Jackson could be in the mix?

• vikingfan1490 says:

not likely the vikings would have to give alot for him and since he has suspended for 3 or 4 games it wont happen , if and only if the prise is right i say go after either moss or try and trade for dawyne bowe he wants out of kc and kc seems to like to trade with the vikings ….

I’m with Nume Coach. I think Harvin will have an impact this year.
    At least I hope so. Gotta admit tho, I am worried about the O-line.

Okay, in 17 days it will be on. 17 is not a good # for our Vikes. Didnt want to waste the countdown on punters, but they are players too.
    Sooo…we are 17 Mitch Berger days away from opening kickoff.

5. hookem says: