Moss to Vikings deal: All but done

If this trade gets completed, will Randy Moss get the last laugh?

(2:25 AM ET) UPDATE: The New England Patriots and the Minnesota Vikings are working out the details that will finalize a “blockbuster” trade on Wednesday that will ship All-Pro wideout Randy Moss to Minnesota, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

This report was put out earlier this morning, just 45 minutes ago (1:40 AM) from WEEI.com Sports Radio Network in Boston.

15 Responses to “Moss to Vikings deal: All but done”

1. Ole says:

Good work Russ and Adam, you guys are finally earning your pay tonight

2. Fragile Fred says:

This is just Randy being Randy, again and again and again.

3. wtfvikesfan says:

Kevin Seifert is saying Vikings giving up a 3rd round pick.

4. jesse says:

For a suspected 3rd round pick? That’s a steal. New England has a long history of cutting ties with aging stars (most recently Richard Seymour), but I’m guessing they’ll regret this one.

And on the same day the Packers decided a 4th was too much to give for Marshawn Lynch. Christmas is coming early!

5. wtfvikesfan says:

Peter King says trade is done!!!! Moss is a Viking!!!!!

6. wtfvikesfan says:

Adam Schefter says trade is done!!!

7. wtfvikesfan says:

Trade is done: Randy Moss to Minnesota for a third-round pick. Details on ESPN’s Sportscenter at 9 a.m.
    17 minutes ago via web
    Retweeted by 100+ people

Adam_Schefter

8. starrc10 says:

Jay Glazer says trade is done as well.

Wow…just wow.

If Randy can grab a TD or two and pick up 120 yards per game, and if Berrian can keep up his level of production, that gives us… roughly… a TD or two and about 120 yards per game from our two wideouts.

This deal is much better now that I know there is no long-term deal. I am glad we are going to make him earn his way into anything beyond this year, because we have other people to pay and keep as well.

• starrc10 says:

I don’t know coach, I bet the contract will be coming sooner than we’d like. Remember Chilli’s contract extension? His coaching inferiority has widely become the consensus.

I hope we get something done with all this talent… if the Vikings poplularity goes up enough maybe we can still get the great state of MN to vastly increase the value of the Vikings for Zygi.

11. Zag says:

This is the best news I have heard all season. I love Moss, and he loves Minnesota. He’ll play well for us, especially against the Pats and Jets.

I shouted at my desk at work and everyone thought I won something. I tried to explain to them that, in a way, I did win something, but they couldn’t grasp the gravity of this situation.

Moss is coming home!

Ok, Zag. Get a grip here, man. Its not like we got a top notch left tackle or anything. Favre will still need to perfect his “throw-on-the-run” and “throw-falling-backwards” techniques to utilize Randy’s skills. But it certainly is a step forward.

• Zag says:

I agree, even with ol’ Randy back in the fold, that doesn’t mean that Favre will have the time to throw to him.

In all honesty, we’re probably still doomed for this season, but I’m just glad to see Moss, one of my all-time favorite Vikings, back in purple.

12. Fran the Man says:

This is a huge step forward. Randy will open up SO much for us.
    He’s supposedly in the best shape he’s been in for years, according to Cris Carter. Favre has been wanting to play with Moss for years, so obviously he knows there’s going to be good chemistry there.
    AD will have less 8-in-the-box stuff. . .etc.
    If our O-line can drag a little inspiration out of this and start making some plays, we’ve just improved 10-fold.