Moss: “I always forgive but I never forget.”

Let me put Randy Moss’ career production against the Dallas Cowboys into fantasy football terms:

He has never put up a single digit day and has scored as many as 34 points in a single outing.

For a complete list of Moss’ performances against the Cowboys, head on over to Kevin Seifert’s post by clicking here.

Moss still can’t believe that the Cowboys passed him up in the 1998 NFL Draft and he has revealed a little more about why he was so sure that he would be taken by Dallas eighth overall.  Jerry Jones forced Moss to ignore his itinerary a few days prior to the draft and sent him over to the house of Deion Sanders.

“So I thought that was just a way of them telling me we really want you, we’re thinking about drafting you,” Moss said. “So when I was able to talk to Deion Sanders at his house … he just told me how bad the organization wanted me and he thought that me coming there would benefit everybody and things like that. The love that I received and the conversations that I had for those 48 hours had me believing that I was going to be a Dallas Cowboy up ’till draft day.”

The Cowboys instead selected defensive end Greg Ellis.

After that, as you all can probably remember, Moss made it his business to torture all the teams that passed him up by becoming an on-the-field freak, beginning in his rookie season.  That was the season that Moss posted three catches, all touchdowns, for 163 yards against none other than the Dallas Cowboys.

“Just seeing her facial expression and how she looked,” Moss said of his mother’s reaction to the Cowboys not selecting her boy.  “I really took that to heart, man, and I told myself any time I play the Dallas Cowboys I’m never going to forget that look.”

Dallas owner Jerry Jones made a pseudo apology last week for passing on Moss in the draft, and while Moss might forgive old Jerry, it doesn’t sound like he plans on letting up this time around.

“I always forgive, man, that’s in the Bible,” he said. “I always forgive but I never forget.”

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

8 Responses to “Moss: “I always forgive but I never forget.””

1. fozz44 says:

November 1998….Vikes vs. Cowboys. Channel it Randy, and life will be good.

2. CalVkg says:

make ’em pay, Randy

i love smashing those arrogant SOBs

3. wtfvikesfan says:

From ESPN insider…….

More on Rice’s return
    1:21
    PM ET
    Sidney Rice | Vikings
    TopEmail

UPDATE: Sidney Rice resumed very light work in practice on Friday, catching passes while moving slowly across an empty field. He’s clearly not close to being ready to play, but it’s a good first step for the injured wideout.

The last time we updated you on Rice’s recovery from preseason hip surgery, we noted that the Minnesota Vikings’ trade for Randy Moss did not appear to be a move signaling that Rice wouldn’t be able to return in 2010.

That still appears to be the case, as the Pioneer Press reports that Rice insists his going on the injured reserve is not an option for this season. However, there was also some less optimistic news: Rice added that it was unlikely he’d be ready to play by the Vikings’ Oct. 24 matchup against the Packers.

That means it’ll be at least two more weeks before we see Rice on the field, and that it could end up being even longer than that

Randy, Randy, Randude…

Did thou forgetest the 11th commandment? Thou shall not squirt a referee with a water bottle? And perhaps the 12th commandment “thou shall not remove a traffic control cop with a moving vehicle”, or number 13, “thou shall not smoke the whacky weed when he wants to smoke the wacky weed?”

Just shut the hell up and catch the ball.

Vikes 31 – Girls 17