Get Your Predictions In

Normally I try and pound out a lengthy and thorough preview of the upcoming matchup that no sane man would commit himself to on a weekly basis.  Unfortunately, circumstances have eaten up my time and appear likely to continue eating up my time until game day, and I don’t think I’ll get it done this week.

Let’s call it a brief lapse of sanity.

For those jonesing for an in depth breakdown of the matchup, might I recommend this mighty fine one put out by 1500 ESPN?

I will, however, still make a prediction in a game that feels almost as unpredictable as the Power Ball numbers.  I say, 20-19, Vikings.

Last week, bigjohnny84 was our winner when it came to predicting the outcome of the Jets-Vikings game.

Leave your predictions in the comments section of this post and I will compile them all just before game time, and we’ll see if someone can swipe those bragging rights away from bigjohnny84.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

28 Responses to “Get Your Predictions In”

1. Brian says:

28-14 Dallas – Favre will blow another one. He’ll start because he doesnt want to shatter his record, but will leave early.

2. Nume says:

45-21 Vikings victory

31- 17 Vikings win

4. Jawsers says:

24 – 21 Vikes

5. ericthered says:

Vikings 17-14

6. wtfvikesfan says:

If Favre starts…31 cowboys 20 Vikes
    If TJACK starts 34 Vikes 10 cowgirls!!

7. Fran the Man says:

Favre drives down field on the first series, gets to the Cowboy 33 and throws an interception and immediately grabs his right elbow.

Next series, down 7-0 after a deep one to Roy Williams, Tarvaris Jackson takes over and directs a very impressive drive for a TD (12 yarder to Harvin.)

Defense actually plays like the best in the league and holds the ‘Boys to one score for the rest of game.

Vikings go wild with Jackson;
    Vikings 45
    ‘Pokes 10

At the post game presser, Favre (Showing up with an iced elbow, ankle, back, and scrotum), retires.
    Finally acknowledging that he’s 41 years old AND PLAYS LIKE IT.

8. Nume says:

So tjacks so good he turns boys to girls? :p

9. Ole says:

Vikings 18
    Dallas 11

Viking’s scores
    Dugan catches a pass from Harvin, Longwell and Kluwe injured on PAT
    3rd string kicker Dugan kicks off then chases Felix Jones backwards into the end zone and tackles him for a Safety
    3rd String kicker Dugan kicks 3 field goals, 57, 61 & 69 yards breaking the NFL record of U of Hawaii alum, Jason Elam

Dallas scores
    Dugan running the triple option is intercepted by NT Jay Ratliff who returns the Int. 109 7/8 yards for a Dallas TD, a new NFL record
    Dugan penalized for “Illegal Shift” (don’t ask) in the endzone for a safety
    Dugan recovers a fumbled punt and returns it 84 yards Jim Marshal style to the wrong end zone for a safety

10. hookem says:

38-17

Harvin, and Peterson go wild in this one

11. CalVkg says:

24-17 vikes

jerry jones has a heart attack and croaks. oh, wait, no, no, no…ya hafta HAVE a heart to have a heart attack (we’ve got really good ownership right now, as far as the money flowin’, and not being jj-ish)

AD has a big all day. they be leanin’ on him now i ‘spect
    5th game, must win, jeezus!
    conference game at home, more important than miami or nyj cuz of the afc. if we lose this game, it may be over. if we win, we prolly bury a rival, and everybody likes to beat the ‘boys

phackers circus next? we need the momentum from this game to go there confident

12. Jon from Vegas says:

28-10 Vikings

17-13 Vikes. Vikes offense needs to prove it can play a full 60 mins.

14. CO Vike Fan says:

27-20 Vikes, D gets a sack/fumble for a score, T-Jack plays 3 quarters and looks good

15. Bill Ponderosa says:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

The Handle is in a churlish mood after taking a beating last week:

LINE: MINNESOTA BY 1 ½

Both these teams sitting at 1-3 must be very pleased with themselves. One will get off the mat here while the other may wave the white flag when it’s done. Given the circumstances surrounding both and the revenge factor favouring Dallas after being humiliated 34-3 in playoffs last year, we’ll lean Cowgirl.

TAKING: DALLAS

Dolphin (2-2) at Packer (3-2)

Packer fans should be wearing shredded cheese on their heads these days as Green Bay continues to pile up injuries to key players. The effects have been evident as the Pack have struggled with makeshift lineup. A rested Miami bunch is preferred over crippled opponent.

TAKING: MIAMI

Me? I’m still Vike all the way something like 32-13.

17. starrc10 says:

I will say 31-20 Vikes at the dome.

18. titan concrete says:

vikings 34 boys 27

19. Big Johnnys sister, Bigger Johnette says:

Texas Rangers 7
    NY Yankees 2

what did I win?

Vikes 23
    Cowboys 16

… and if anyone wonders, I really HATE the Cowboys.

Me too Coach, they are right there with those Packers. Considering where I live, maybe even worse. If there is such a thing.
    And where have you been? Geez, we are 1-3. If we ever needed you its now, thank goodness you showed up, Freds is driving us nuts. Ole has gone Dugan crazy, wtf took a swing at me, Adam is too busy changin diapers and being cranky from lack of sleep. Fran has turned on Favre and is callin for TJack, Adam too. I dont know where Johnny is, but I think his sister has shown up talkin baseball.

We need a voice of reason.
    I didnt want to predict this game, not feelin real good about things. My gut says we win, this season is slippin away. I would think the boys will step up.
    I’m gonna say this is it for old Favre, he either has a great game or…he sucks and sits out after halftime.
    BUT, we will win this game, 26-24.

I’ll admit that life has been a little busy here lately, cart, sorry for the unexcused absence. But from what you describe, things seem normal on the Gab. I will, however, try again to convince Freds that his January resolution was, perhaps, a good thing, and worthy of revisiting.

I am afraid our Vikes have become a bit of a sideshow, cart, and it’s taking the edge away from all of us a bit. After all, what are we to think? Is our QB healthy… physically or morally? Does he know who to throw to on any given play? Will he get blindsided if he waits for his third option to come open? Is Bernard Berrian still alive? Is Jared Allen on paid leave? How many penalties are too many? And then Randy Moss… It’s like we’re not really following a football team, but a soap opera.

Maybe we will actually look like contenders today, I don’t know. At the moment, the purple kool aid is a bit watered down in the Grant clan.

23. STARRC10 says:

I am going on the record right now, that it will still be exciting to mess up our in-division pals later on in the season when we start to play well (we will start to play well, but probably to late to make anything of it).