Another November, Another Speeding Ticket

Last November, Adrian Peterson was stopped for driving 109 miles per hour in a 55 zone.  He received 16 hours of community service after pleading guilty to driving 99 mph.

This November (today), Peterson was again pulled over, this time for going 53 in a 35 near Winter Park.

It isn’t too big of a deal to most people, but the traffic stop did result in him missing today’s team meeting, something for which the Vikings could choose to punish him for.

Maybe Brad Childress will bench him for one whole series this week.  Oh wait, he already does that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

16 Responses to “Another November, Another Speeding Ticket”

Well, it appears there is at least one Viking fan who has given up all hope and gone over to the Packers…

Coach, what do you recommend to solve current Vikes problems? I contend it starts at the top with Childo but it seems it might be deeper than that, would love to get your take on it.

Hard to say, johnny, but it is clear that regardless of whether or not we make anything out of this season, we are going to be where we thought we would be after this two-year Favre thing… screwed at QB. That is why I was not in favor of it, and to make it worse, we have done nothing to get ready for 2011 at QB. Now, coming as close as we did last year, maybe it was worth it, but now we pay the price.

Its pretty clear we won’t make the playoffs, and I think that means Chili has to go at season’s end. I don’t think he is as totally inept as the fans have made him to be, but we need to get more than this out of this team. It would be of little value to make that change during the season. Personally, I don’t think Frazier is the guy for the job, but that’s for others to decide. We need to get back to building through the draft, getting OL’s and DB’s of a much higher caliber. That could be the silver lining to all this – better picks.

Thanks Coach but we both knew last April that O-line and secondary were our biggest weaknesses and they tried to cover the db issue but I think they punted instead. Cook could be a good corner but not in the cover 2 scheme. Sometimes you have to draft for need, right

• Brett says:

This was by far the most hilarious thing I’ve seen in a long time. Thank you so, so much.

2. vk4life says:

Hey coach I agree about Frazier, I think he will be a good HC but just not in Minn. We need an aggressive no nonsense HC. Someone that will push everyone to be better than they thought they could be. Main positions to address in 2011 draft should be QB, OL/DL, stock up on DB’s, another big WR to compliment Rice now that could be done via FA as well. Don’t ned big names as much as we need passion for the game and will go all out. I think our WR going into next year should be Rice, Harvin, Camarillo a year in our system will make him more comfortable. Lewis, Berrian, Baskett thanks for your time but good luck in the future.

It is easy to enough to call for a new Head Coach. The reality is these decisions carry price tags.

Childress re-upped last year for three years. I’m assuming he’s making more than $ 1 million annually. Vikings will still owe Favre $ 4 M after the season to be paid from 2011 revenue.

Viking are in a good position relative to salary cap. The core dozen are in place with manageable payroll. Next year the Vike will shed some expensive salaried players – Favre, Pat Williams, Kleinsasser, Antoine’s can be halved, etc. And the team didn’t get stuck with Moss’ $ 3.5 million. However, the 2011-12 revenue stream could be impacted by 2010 results on the field. Sellouts won’t be guaranteed.

Cash flow is the main reason why I don’t expect Vike management to dump Childress even if the 2010 season continues south.

On the other hand Lost, one must look at the overall investement of the squad and determine if it is being run as well as possible. Its a bad use of money to keep bad management to save money. Zygi may have to eat Brad’s salary and move on to protect his investment.

• Nume says:

Also you have to consider, his cash flow may get much lower if he does keep childress, due to even less sellouts/ticket purchases and viewers of the games.

Vikes have now lost their last 6 games on grass and their last 9 games on the road. Nov. 1 of last year at Green Bay was the last win for either category. As I said last year, this team is compromised when it plays on the grass surface, and there is clearly a flaw in our preparaations for playing on the road.

Interesting that we are identifying the OL, DB’s and troubles getting AP untracked. Yet we chose not to keep Matt Birk, Darren Sharper, Tony Richardson or Chester Taylor. Those guys would sure look good on this team right now.

5. krugjr says:

Coach, Johnny, Lost and the gang…….IMHO there is no reason to defend Brad at all….no excuses, no nothing……there have been VERY GOOD head coaches who led a successful team for several seasons, and then when things went south, they were fired….things happen (please don’t bring up the “improvement” theory with childress)….those who really follow this team know that brad has been in over his head since day one, a classic under achiever with what he had to work with… skills or not, he lacks leadership and/or people skills necessary to bring a roster together to perform as a team….unfortunately, the wilfs are learning on the job too, and emotion got the better of them last year (the contract)

my view, as if somebody asked…..frazier won’t get the job, the wilfs can’t afford to go with another “unproven” commodity…so brad will finish the season, some players “play” and others won’t…brett will fade away, the younger players know they need a young stud QB out of this next draft, and it will take a top 10 pick to secure that player, and they WILL play to the level to make that happen… crazy as it sounds, 7-9 or 8-8 would only hurt this team’s future, so a couple more wins and a top 10 pick is what I expect…..with brad fired at season’s end, and a new GM starting all over from scratch, and it will happen early in the off season to get ready for that QB pick…..this is all assuming the NFL even plays or holds a draft…..brad said he will do it his way, succeed or fail by his rules….he failed, and will never come close to a head coaching job again, if he even coaches at any level in the NFL it would surprise me…..

I apologize ahead of time to you all, but I WILL CHEER every loss from here to season’s end, and will look forward to all the changes necessary to move forward as a franchise….I bleed Purple, even through these comments!

GO VIKES!!!!!

Krugs, Krugs, Krugs…..

It is so sad to see you fall old pal, so sad. How could you do it? How? You’re a very complicated man, you bleed purple yet will CHEER every loss from here to the season’s end? Freds is crushed! The idea of you sitting in your Bark O Lounger cheering for Adrian to fumble, for McKinnie to miss a block for Bernie to stap a hammie, for Cheech to go down with no Advil on hand, for Banjo to snap another ill advised photo of his wiener and send it to Belinda Jensen. So sad.

But you and Freds both know, that when Sunday comes you will grab your rack of Colt 45, the 5 pound bag of Fritos, your Denny Green signed boxers and root for the Vikings.

Freds feels your pain Krugs but you don’t have it in you man! You can’t go against the team, just suck it up man and as Tice told us “enjoy the season”.

Your old Pal Fragile

• krugjr says:

thanks for your always welcomed input…….here is how the master of complication works this out…’re right, I can’t watch and pull against the players and team……………………………so I don’t watch the live action, TV or computer….when it’s over I check the scores….I tape when possible, and if they win, I will watch to get a feel for the player’s efforts….and if the lose, no need to watch because we can all “see” the game just by the box score, knowing chilly like we do……after a loss, I shrugg, then go study the college QBs….and when they win, I let out a little “damn”….

can’t help it, freds, Dr Childress motivates me about like he motivates his players…….but I tell you this…in 5 yrs when we’re in the big dance, I’ll come over to MN (yes, the team will stay) and share a toast with you, and any of the gang that wants to get together, Ole are you out there? Thanks again for noticing my fragile mental state!

GO VI……………………………………………..hmmmmmmmm

• Nume says:

As much as I hate to admit it, I agree completely. This last Sunday was one or my most enjoyable in football season for a while. I went to church, went home, took a nap, and woke up with the game over and the Vikings having lost. I thought, nice, better draft pick and childress might get fired. No stress, a little sorrow still seeing my team lose but overall I was able to enjoy my Sunday. Even when the Vikings win with Childress at coach, I find it hard to enjoy because he makes them so nonfun to watch imo :P. I still record and watch the games when they win for the same reasons, but I think I’m done watching any live games till chilly is gone heh.

Hope you are feeling better now! Venting your frustrations can be a very healthy thing. I cant really argue with anything you said except I couldnt cheer for a loss unless I was 100% sure Childo would be a casualty.

Similar to the bear-in-the-woods question… Will the issue of whether or not we cheer change any thing about the outcome of the game? Not unless we are in the hard blue seats wearing something purple and yelling like a child.

Freds, I believe BerBar will aggrivate his hammy and BMac will miss multiple blocks whether we cheer for or against said events. But if the Vikes wear those purple tights one more time…. I also will yell like a child.