Is E.J. Henderson the come-back player of the year ?

This to me seems to be a no-brainier. The fact that this guy ever made it back at all is astounding. Anyone who witnessed the horrific upper leg injury that E.J Henderson suffered in Arizona last season surely must have had serious doubts of the Viking Middle Linebacker playing another down in the National Football League.

Now, almost a full year later, he’s not only back, but he’s playing at a pro-bowl level. Amazing !

People should also consider that last season Henderson was attempting a come back from a knee injury that required extensive reconstruction surgery. It was a slow and no doubt painful process to return from that. He had made it all the way back to eventually play and was named to his first Pro Bowl in 09 when the broken femur occurred. The sight of the leg twisting and spinning independently of the rest of his body was NOT for the squeamish !

So while Viking fans celebrate their longest winning streak of the year ( two ) I tip my cap to E.J. – hopefully, the people who vote for this are not the same ones who give Derek Jeter the Gold Glove every year. Because he is “Coaches”……….and if there is any justice in the world there will be countless others who believe as I do when it’s time to select the “Come-back Player of the Year”.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

16 Responses to “Is E.J. Henderson the come-back player of the year ?”

I’m with ya Coach B this is definately a no-brainer. What’s the competition?

2. sb says:

I completely agree, its been great to see him do so well this year! although he didn’t have a knee recon

3. Ole says:

ok, I can agree with naming Henderson Comeback Player of the Year unless Sydney Rice blows up and scores 20 TD’s this year

I would like to formally nominate Dugan for the Throw-’em-back in Player Of The Year

T-Joke should be leading the Pro Bowl voting for QB

EJ has really been excellent.

Brian McKinnie also should be given serious consideration for come back player of the year. LL Cool Jay has had a very decent season this year considering he is constantly recovering from 3rd degree burn marks on his ass from getting run by so quickly on the pass rush.

Disagree Freds. BMac seldom falls down, as that would involve a level of engagement that he rarely employs. His “shove and watch” style keeps him off the turf. That’s what I liked about the mud games of yore, you knew who was really into it. BMac’s jersey would be neither muddy nor sweated, a launderer’s dream.

5. I 100% hope Henderson wins comeback player of the year, but what about Mike Vick?

• Fragile Freds says:

Mr Lemkes –

Two points on Vick:

1) He was not hurt nor unable to play last year, so he had nothing to comeback from.

2) Perhaps you have your awards mixed up. Did you mean, convict player of the year for Mike Vick? In that case, you are correct.

• Branden Lemke says:

Lol def convict player of the year. But COMEBACK player of the year doesn’t neccesarily mean that you had to be hurt the year before. I really hope EJ wins though. And throw in a pro bowl appearance as well! He sure is due for one.

6. hookem says:

I think the only person who stands in his way is Brian Urlacher. It hurst EJ that Vikings suck and Bears are in first place

7. Fran the Man says:

I agree with you Chris, Comeback Player of the year, hands down.
    I remember watching the play where he broke his leg and I turned to a friend and said, ‘He won’t ever see him play again’.
    It looked that bad.
    And it was! To come back from that major of an injury and so soon, he HAS to be the comeback player of the year.

And Freds, good play on words; Convict/Comeback player of the year.

8. Dynalee10 says:

If Not EJ then Who< is very apropo It is remarkable that he is even playing let alone playing at a very high level. I thought we might never see him on the field again, thank goodness I was wrong.

Freds you are one funny dude, convict player of the year… Ha!
    EJ deserves this award, but I bet it goes to Welker or Urlacker, or that other guy.

10. SupaScout says:

Come back player of the year award is all about visibility, and being a middle linebacker on a losing team isn’t high profile enough. In the 37 years of this award it has been awarded to QB’s 20 times, RB’s 10. Only 4 defensive players have earned it and of the 2 LB they have been high profile players on winning teams. Their isn’t any doubt EJ deserves the award but I will not be surprised when it goes somewhere else.

11. SupaScout says: