Report: Vikings Not Interested in Titans QB Young

NFL.com writer Steve Wyche reports that the Vikings are not going to go after soon to be former Titans QB Vince Young. The report says that while despite the fact Young and Vikings back Adrian Peterson have been working out together in the Houston area, the team would rather go in a different direction at the QB spot.

Currently the Vikings have Florida State’s Christian Ponder, who the team took with the 12th overall pick, and the club will also look long and hard at the veteran free agent QB’s that may be floating around the market.

Young for now is on the Titans’ roster, but Tennessee said it will try to trade Young or release him if it is unable to find a deal for him. He was the 3rd overall pick in the 2006 draft, and while he looked good his first season, he seems to have had spurts of going backwards after issues with former coach Jeff Fisher.

Some team is going to take a chance on Young at some point, but that team won’t be the Vikings.

18 Responses to “Report: Vikings Not Interested in Titans QB Young”

1. Brett says:

Too bad this dude is such a jackass. He has the potential to be very good, physically that is. Somebody will give Young a chance but he’ll be on thin ice.

Hey Brett, Johnny !
    I know FA will be thin at QB, Who would you guys like to see them pick up???
    P.C.

Hey Charlie,
      I guess Palmer would be my first choice but he’s not a free agent at the moment. I can tell ya who I dont want them to get, McNabb.

• Purple Charlie says:

I know Johnny lol.
        We have another Pal that doesn’t want him he either…
        Oh Nooooo Freds .

Haha. If Don does go to Minny we can have Freds take him on a little boat ride, that should end his career.

4. vk4life says:

AMEN!!!!

Could someone explain the difference between Vince Young being washed up in Tennessee and Randall Cunningham with the Eagle?

Recall Cunningham was called spoilt, undisciplined and bad attitude etc. Or, was it just washed up?

Didn’t follow all the news out of Nashville so can’t really say I have strong feelings one way or the other. Wouldn’t VY’s experience in Tennessee be exactly what he needed to start reaching his potential as an NFL QB?

• Purple Charlie says:

Lost,
      Cunningham looked good in 97, And great in 98… After the Eagles, Young would either would reach his full potential or fall on his face…

Not like that would be a Risk factor Money wise…

6. 4eversteve says:

The problem is that the Vikings can’t afford to have a loose cannon at the quarterback position. Mental issues, whether Vince has not learn how to deal with the pressures of leading a team or maybe he suffers from depression whatever the case maybe. The quarterback has to be the mentally toughest player on the field and command the respect of his teammates no matter what is going on in their personal life at all times. I really hope the young man can find peace in his life and find the help that he needs if he is willing to accept it.

• Purple Charlie says:

Steve,
      I would like to see him get straighten around too myself,
      Do you have a favorite to fill the position???

7. 4eversteve says:

I’m going to throw a name out here and it won’t be met without resistance I’m sure that’s the very reason forums exist. I will include the thought process behind the the name. The quarterback that the Vikings should try to obtain in free agency is Marc Bulger here is the reason why, if anyone remembers the beating that this man took behind some really bad offensive line play by the Rams for years and he still put up pretty good numbers and someone who take a beating like that and doesn’t quit you know loves the game. Who is better equip out there right now to mentor Christian Ponder and Joe Webb than Marc Bulger, he understands the modified version of the West Coast offense that Musgrave wants to run and can teach the young quarterbacks on the roster how to get threw read progression in the film room. He is healthy after backing up Joe Flacco for a year and won’t panic if our O-line performs the same way it did last year. In my opinion this would be a good fit to mentor our young quarterbacks that we have and no I’ve not forgotten that Rhett Bomar is the long shot on the roster everyone stands to gain if Marc Bulger is brought on board.

Viking could use a little less drama. Bulger would be a good choice right now.

9. krugjr says:

looks like a good time for a 2-3 week vacation………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..from the NFL, that is!

GO VIKES!!!!!

• CalVkg says:

yeah, a vacation in PURGATORY!!!!

not only that, killer’s dyin’, the twins suck, and the lakers are out

definitely a low point for my sports interests. could get worse, too. new stadium ain’t anywhere near a done deal

10. Another Blonde Viking says:

My thoughts exactly, CV.

• CalVkg says:

ya know, i could prolly get outta this funk if somebody would just offer me a free razor or sumpthin’. geesh!