A Few Interviews Coming Up

Hey everyone! As I said in my first post on Vikings Gab, I interview Minnesota Vikings players quite frequently. I have two interviews coming up for sure, and about three or four I am still trying to work out. The two that I have coming up are former Vikings WR Jake Reed and Vikings rookie receiver Stephen Burton. If any of you have questions you’d like me to ask either of these guys, let me know!

22 Responses to “A Few Interviews Coming Up”

1. Malte says:

Well this might seem obvious: To Stephen Burton: Did you consider texting Ponder if you could join the Minnesota Offseason workouts down in florida, if not what are you doing to prepare instead?

2. Branden Lemke says:

I like that one. I plan on asking him a very similar question.

• Malte says:

I simply want to thank you Branden

So far I think you have done a great job filling in as a new blogger on Vikings Gab AND I really like that you try to keep in touch with the readers as much as possible, btw sorry if I misspell, English is not my first language.

• Branden Lemke says:

wow, thank you very much! It’s my pleasure! And i actually don’t think you’re spelling anything wrong so far! but no worries if you do, i do sometimes too.

3. Branden Lemke says:

I just finished interviewing Stephen Burton literally about a minute ago, but the Jake Reed questions are wide open if you guys have any!

Ask Jake about Moss. How they got along, how he felt when they drafted Moss etc.

You could ask Jake if he’s spoken with Doug Williams lately about the Tiger.

Something related to finding receivers in the draft. Jake was drafted in the 3rd round (1991) where many top receivers tend to be concentrated. What’s the reason so many receivers are 3rd round picks lately. Also, beyond the 4th round there are few breakthroughs like a Marques Colston or Steve Johnson.

7. Dynalee10 says:

Ask Jake if it still bothers him about having the best team in 98 and losing in the NFCCG.

Branden,
    Jake was a Class act!
    Ask what he is up to now a days and What his favorite thing to do now is…

Branden your doing a fine job young man, Keep up the good work!

• Branden Lemke says:

thanks man! and thanks everyone, these are definately some great questions! I’ll be sure to ask him!

9. CalVkg says:

ask jake, on a theoretical basis, to what degree one should implicate the quantitative advantages of three-deep over the qualitative practicalities of a pro set with the current vikings projected roster, and what free agent receivers the vikings should pursue to extrapolate said three-deep formation

Would the correct answer be 65 degrees, Cal? That’s what it came out when I did the calcs.

• CalVkg says:

if you did the calcs, coach, it must be right. i got nothin

• Branden Lemke says:

I think I might ask a similar question, Cal. We really don’t see a lot of the three-deep pro set anymore. In fact, I can’t think of a team that has one. It would be a great point to bring up in the interview.

By the way everyone, I sent Stephen Burton my questions via e-mail. still waiting on his reply. I will have the interview posted as soon as he responds!

10. Chri534 says:

Ask him if he thinks he’s a better player right now than Bernard Berrian.

11. Branden Lemke says:

I really appreciate the feedback everyone! You all rock!

12. Randy Perrin says:

Looking forward to reading the interviews Branden. Keep up the awesome work!

13. 4eversteve says:

Brandon, can you ask Stephen Burton how he thinks he game will translate into pro game, being such a low round pick knowing he will have to bust his tail just to make the roster? who does his skill set most resembles in the NFL today in his opinion, and what is he doing right now in preparation to attempt to make the opening day roster if in fact we have a season at all.