Harvin: Still Migraine Free

Percy Harvin spoke to press at a charity event this week and talked about a number of topics such as the lockout, his desire to see Plaxico Burress in purple, and Christian Ponder.

The thing I found most interesting and encouraging, however, is that Harvin said he has not suffered one of his rehabilitating migraines in five or six months now.

“I met a couple of doctors,” he said of the positive progress. “There were a couple of things they found in my neck that I won’t get into – some things they found and fixed, along with diet and the rest of the things that can cause them.”

“It’s been great, and knock on wood, it’ll continue.”

In addition to the positive medical news, Harvin says he is in the best shape of his life as the lockout has provided him plenty of time to lift weights, swim, and run.

“My explosion is to a whole ‘nother level. My speed has gotten back to top-notch level, so I’m feeling great and really anticipating the season,” he said.

It is hard to imagine Harvin finding a way to be even more explosive than he already was, but if that is indeed the case, then count me among those that can’t wait to see it.

12 Responses to “Harvin: Still Migraine Free”

1. Adam Warwas says:

Hey, Ole, you out there?

The wife and I booked tickets for our first trip to your fine state. 2 days in Honolulu and 10 more on the Big Island. Any recommendations?

• Fran the Man says:

Linda and I just got back from the Big Island.
      What a place!
      Bring a couple of snorkels for sure. Best snorkeling I’ve ever seen, especially at the “Warm Ponds” on the Hilo (Wet) side.
      Look into staying at a vacation rental. They’re as cheap as hotels in most cases and if you can find one that is a guest house sort of arrangement, you might get the added benefit of the owner being around to suggest places to go. We loved the Hilo/Pahoa area.
      We stayed with my wife’s brother in Pahoa, so we had a built in guide.
      It rains a lot but its a warm tropical rain that didn’t bother us at all. Kona is HOT! but has better beaches. They also have “Vog” from the volcanoes that Hilo doesn’t have. Hilo has an invasive species of frogs that make a lot of racket at night but they didn’t seem to bother us much.
      If you HAVE to spend two nights in Honolulu, rent a surfboard at Waikiki. I rented a 10’6″ longboard and stayed out surfing for 7 hours. It was a blast!

We ended up driving around the entire Island and wished we would have rented a Jeep rather than a Dodge Charger. Some of the beach access roads on the Kona side especially, are rough and a Jeep would ahve been a better rig.
      If you get up North, check out the Sushsi place in Hawi (Prodounced Havi). Hawi is a wonderful place. So is the drive thru that whole Northern area. Kind of windy tho.
      Best advice? Start working on your tan NOW!

Have fun!

• krugjr says:

Adam….Big Island,visit at least one of the “black sand” beaches, diff enough to be very cool…and don’t forget, DO NOT take anything home that you might just pick up lying around volcano park…..you will be cursed for life….even if you escaped the curse personally, you might jinx the Vikes this coming season!

Oahu is still best for it’s history…big waves don’t come until winter so take in Pearl Harbor…the Bishop Museum just off H2 and maybe the royal palace…..Ole will take great care of you…if you were staying longer my wife’s son could take you out fishing…he’s one of the best, “Live Bait” out of Waianae Harbor on the west side….Pali lookout on H1…Lanikai Beach, Kailua on Windward side…and the drive from Hanauma Bay to Makapuu Point and around the SE point of the island over to the windward side…awesome…man, don’t get me started…..

PS…maybe Cheech is feelin’ fine because he hasn’t been tackled for a few months! It would, however, be great if they were under control

GO VIKES!!!!!

2. Ole says:

Howzit Adam
    send me an e-mail

3. Randy Perrin says:

Glad to see some progression with his headaches. Adam I’m jealous of your trip, Hope you 2 enjoy yourselves which I’m sure you will.

4. 4eversteve says:

Hey Adam I will be over in Hawaii with the wife in July it is our 20th Anniversary and her Birthday will also occur while we are on vacation and for reason of self-preservation I will not mention her age while we are on the cruise ship aboard the Pride of America. We however will only be on the Big Island for two days Hilo first and then Kona, where we plan to snorkel near Cook’s Monument it is consider to be among the top ten snorkeling places in the world and then it’s off to Volcano National Park. They also have great Para sailing and jet skiing there in Kona,here are just a few suggestions, you are lucky to have ten days to explore the Big Island. If you haven’t already research the web. My wife double as our travel agent and could tell you a lot more,this will be our 2nd trip in Hawaii. Hope you and your wife have a great time on your vacation.

5. fozz44 says:

No Childress/ no headaches.

I think Percy is only experiencing what the rest of us have since Chilly and his football acumen was made available to the rest of the NFL.

Frans,
    Good for you and the Mrs! sounds like a Awesome place.

Adam, Steve, Hope you guys have as much fun as Frans and his wife did.
    God bless ya’s

7. Adam Warwas says:

Thanks Ole, I look forward to talking to you!

Fran, thanks for the advice. We won’t be in Hilo but will be close enough to drive to the “Warm Ponds” that sounds great! I was excited about renting a charger/mustang (something which I would never dream of driving in AK) but you arent’t the first to tell me a 4X4 will be better for exploring the beaches and volcano. We’ll probably go that way. We looked into a ton of different accomodations, most B&Bs/Vacation Rentals told us we couldn’t bring Gates with us, lol, so that narrowed down our choices. We are excited about the places we found, though!

Randy, thanks! We’ll have fun, we always do! Excited to see the little guy play on the beach. Looks like I’ll be missing two Vikings games though, so you and Branden will have learn how to host live chats 🙂

4ever, congrats on the anniversary, that’s great! Enjoy yourselves! I’m going to check out some of the places you mention, for sure!

Thanks PC!

8. 4eversteve says:

Adam- No need to be missing Vikings games while you are in Hawaii, they are huge football fans in general I’m sure you will be able to find sports bars with the NFL Ticket. My wife knows not to plan any activities until after the Viking game is over. Remember the time zone difference between Hawaii and Minnesota should be 5 to 6 hours behind Minnesota time thus the game will air much earlier in the morning over there. Still giving plenty of time to take the sites, my advice do a search on the web of the area you will be in for sports bars for when the games are airing. I always take my portable Sirius Satellite Radio with me just as a backup plan when ever I’m on vacation, one more tip take your own GPS and pre-load your addresses into your GPS prior to leaving for Hawaii it saves you so money because rental car companies usually charge 7 to 10 dollars a day in addition to the rental car fee for the use of one, it also saves a lot of time aggravation when you get over there. Have a great time in Hawaii Adam!