Michael Jenkins Signs A Three Year Deal

The Vikings apparently found the player that makes them feel comfortable at the wide receiver position.

That player is Michael Jenkins, formerly of the Falcons, who stands at 6’ 4” and 217 pounds.  At age 29, with seven seasons under his belt, Jenkins has established himself as a reliable possession receiver and run blocker.

Jenkins has never had a 60 catch season, nor a double digit touchdown season, and has never hauled in more than 800 yards in a season.  He should not be considered a replacement for Sidney Rice, but he does provide another option to establish depth at the receiver position.

10 Responses to “Michael Jenkins Signs A Three Year Deal”

1. Vikadan11 says:

This is a good signing IMHO ~ There Vikings are not going to be big spenders in FA I think a lot of that has with the lack of movement in a new dome ~ The Wilf’s have been big spender sense year one and the state has once again let the down ~

While Jenkins is not a #1 WR he is better then most that are still out there in the Vikings price rang ~

I see is listed as the #2 WR ~ That goes along with what I have been reading about Harvin working out with a speed coach this offseason ~ I know many want to keep him as a slot be he want to be the #1 WR because thats were his next contract is going to pay him the most ~ Slot dont make that kind of money ~

For where the Vikings stand cap wise I like the signing ~

2. vk4life says:

I agree I like this pick up of Jenkins. Not a superstar but is a solid player and makes the catches and is a big body to use in the redzone. Better than James Jones IMO, now lets get goin!

3. Dr. K says:

I would rather have had Floyd, whom I think could become a solid #1, but this is OK, IF, we go out and spend some of the money saved on some other free agents. Still need a safety (maybe Whitner), and I like the idea of Manny Lawson and J. Blaylock.

4. Vikadan11 says:

Here is a link to McNabb taking about the offense ~ He talked about a lot of screen passes and shot to mid rang passes to go along with a lot of handing AP the ball ~ Well thats what I got from if ~

5. fozz44 says:

A very good vet signing in my opinion. Percy, Jaymar, Jenkins, Berrian.

Get all those guys in the middle of each weeks game plan, and life is really, really good.

6. krugjr says:

vikesgeek info on our salary cap…

7. CalVkg says:

roster massaging about over
    now we wanna see that these guys are in shape, and won’t get a lot of injuries. are their masking agents and strategies working? did berrian even stretch out during the off season? for his hammy’s sake, and ours, let’s hope so. also need the stupid gov’t to get their act together, cuz it ain’t gonna be any fun watching football during a depression

8. Vikadan11 says:

I believe Berrian was in Chilly’s dog house the past two season ~ The way I remember it happening was after the Vikings lost to the Eagles in 2008 Berrian and Wade spoke out about the QB play and how the offense could have been in better hand had the Vikings made a QB change the bottom fell out for him and Wade ~ Wade was cut just as training can open and Berrian has never been the same ~

Same goes Camarillo ~ The Vikings traded their best nickle back for him and for what ever the reason was he was never used for anything other than a put returner ~ Last he did OK ~ But he works mostly with ST and the scout team based on what I read ~ But Camarillo had to back to back 50+ catch season with the Fins ~ Just another player who seem to be in Chillys dog house ~ Might have been Rick that did the trade and Chilly was going to use him because he always was a sourpuss ~

I believe Berrian and Camarillo will look much better now that Chilly is gone ~ Just a gut feeling ~

9. Justin gallardo says:

If berrian gets back to his top form then i would be happy…plus Jenkins is a big fast wr..use him like the viks did with rice…in go routes and with mcnabb i can see it being a solid duo ..not to mention harvin