And Away They Go

The Vikings were rumored to have interest in Braylon Edwards as a replacement for Sidney Rice, but all of the reports coming out over the last 24 hours indicate that if they ever had an interest in him, they no longer do.

James Jones was thought to be the Vikings top target at the receiver position, but he re-signed with the Packers with a three year deal.

The other receiver the Vikings were thought to have interest in was Malcolm Floyd.  As far as I know, at this moment, Floyd remains a free agent.

18 Responses to “And Away They Go”

1. Stonginator says:

WHY are they seemingly refusing to sign another WR??? They NEED another WR!!!

They also need a CB, Safety, LB, and not to mention . . . O line help. They have made no moves anywhere o help these spots out ? ? ?

• VSU BlazerLady says:

Stonginator: There’s a VSU player there trying out for linebacker or SS. Larry Dean. Hope he makes it …..great player….great individual!!

2. kyle says:

There are tons of undrafted free agents that could possibly make the team. A wr from hillsdale who’s 6’5, Larry Dean, as you have pointed out and I expect a stiff competition for the 3rd running back spot. We have at least 5 backs in camp. Also, don’t be surprised if mistral Raymond finds a spot at safety and brandon fusco at center. He’s bigger and stronger than Sullivan and that’s the weak spot on the line. McKinnie reportedly has lost at least 20 pounds to get back down to his college weight. I think we’ll be alright.

3. Stonginator says:

I really am hoping that Fusco is able to start at Center. I am an underdog lovere and he has the right pedigree.( no pun intended . . . but it works.lol
    It just worries me that we really have no depth on the Oline and secondary. We just don’t have time to make up for any short comings.
    I hope McKinnie is in shape because he wants to play for us, and not because he was expecting to be cut, or traded . . .

4. moses says:

Ther could have had Mcnight from SDSU now a Bengal good center.

Geez I hear Herrera is starting the season on the PUP list. I’ll say it again “go after some o-line help Vikes”

6. Ole says:

upon their arrival at Gage dormitory in Mankato, Jeff Dugan gave all of his teammates a small vial of “Vatican Warlock Assassin” blood

in the spirit of comradeship, Dugan gave Rudolph two vials. He’s gonna need it if he expects to beat the man meat that is Dugan.

Here here I’ll drink to that Ole! Well maybe later

• CalVkg says:

johnny, we need you to jog around the block a couple of times tonight to be sure you’re in shape, and then get some of that “Vatican Warlock Assassin” blood in ya, and then get down to mankato tomorrow by 3pm for practice. they’ve got 89 players right now, room for one more

Boy I dont know if I can get in shape that fast Cal, on the other hand I’ll bet I’ve done more work this offseason than Bernie. I dont know if I’d trust that Warlock blood, I might end up growing a tail or something.

Have to wonder whether Viking will re-considering the wisdom of Kyle Rudolph at # 43 (2nd round 11th pick). So many Tight Ends available in Free Agency like Zach Miller, Bo Scaife, Daniel Graham signed, Kevin Boss.

So few WRs available. Had Viking not chosen to go TE the Wide Receivers available in 2nd round are listed below:

12 Titus Young WR Lion
    26 Torrey Smith WR Raven
    27 Greg Little WR Brown
    32 Randall Cobb WR Packer

However, Ram also went TE wtih Lance Kendrick with 2nd round 15th pick. Never can tell…

8. Vikadan11 says:

The new OL coach could do wonders for the OL if he uses the talent he has to it’s fullest ~ The Vikings have a lot of DB’s in camp ~ Based on what I have read Griffin and Cook should be ready to go ~ They may hold Griffin back some to be safe but he did have a extra 4 months to rehab his knee compared to last season ~ He looked like the old Griffin until his acl injury to his other knee ~ New OC might do just fine with his WR ~ I know many wanted a big name FA but the Wilf’s to date have done what I thought they would FA ~ Not much ~ Lets not forget they will be spending millions if a bill for a new dome ever gets approved ~

If they add any new player I believe it will come when teams make their final cuts ~

9. starrc10 says:

There is a lot going on. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in the Vikings front office. It would be awesome if wiki (I neither support nor denounce this website) leaks showed up with some dialogues…

10. Mondo Donahue says:

What purple planet did I land on? Malcom Floyd, Randy Moss, one of these.

11. lost viking says:

Don’t think much of Malcolm Floyd as a downfield blocker. Message sent by Moss return would be negative for the team internally. Even Moss admits he messed up.

Viking may want to consider asking after Jerrico Cotchery or Amante Samuel.

12. Vikadan11 says:

Braylon Edwards has another brush with the law
    Posted by Mike Florio on August 1, 2011, 10:24 PM EDT

13. Warlock says:

Warlock von Serious Seeds…

Warlock ist eine neue Sorte im Programm von Serious Seeds, diese Sorte wurde ursprünglich von Magus Genetics……

14. online tips says:

Its like you learn my thoughts! You seem to grasp a lot approximately this, such as you wrote the e-book in it or something. I feel that you could do with some p.c. to drive the message house a bit, however other than that, this is magnificent blog. A fantastic read. I’ll certainly be back.