Vikings Sign Former Texans LB Xavier Adibi

According to Jeremy Fowler of the Pioneer Press, the Vikings claim former Texans Linebacker Xavier Adibi off of waivers. Adibi will add depth to the linebacking corp, and probably will contribute on special teams.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

31 Responses to “Vikings Sign Former Texans LB Xavier Adibi”

Wonder who pays for that spot on the roster. Gotta believe one less defensive lineman.

2. Dan says:

I’m thinking O-lineman and my money’s on Olsen. Too many interior lineman at the moment and I’m pretty sure he’s only played guard.

3. starrc10 says:

Could be one of our 10 offensive line workers. Unless quantity makes quality in this case?

It could be Awasom. Not Awesome. It wouldnt be Awesome for Awasom. It would be Awesome for Adibi. And Adibi for Awasom, or Awasom for Adibi.

Do we know anything about this guy? I’ve never heard of him.

6. Dan says:

I would be surprised if it wasn’t an offensive lineman that gets cut, and even more surprised if it wasn’t Olsen. I think Cooper is safe for now because Fusco is still learning and will likely be a gameday deactive for awhile. With Ryan Cook gone that would leave only Herrera with any experience at center if Sullivan were to go down and that’s just too important a position. Reed would probably be my next guess, but I’m thinking he’ll be cut when Kevin Williams returns from suspension and then re-signed to the P-Squad.

7. bisatc says:

Hope its not A. Awasom who gives up his spot, he has awesome potential in my opinion. I agree, it probably will come from the O-line. Who is this new backer? Anyone know of this player? Hope Singletary can polish this diamond in the rough?

8. vikingman62 says:

WTF can someone tell me why the vikes didnt make a run at a safety?? Do you think our front four are enough that we dont need a good secondary?IS IT JUST ME??it doesnt matter who it is talking about us in the news…They all say the same thing..”The vikings secondary is suspect at best” with all the spread offenses we are going up against they will shred us deep again this year…..Can someone explain it to me so I understand? Branden? Coach? Tombs? Bigjohnny?

I sure wish I could explain it to you vikingman but it makes no sense to me. And it isnt like a problem that just popped up either, the secondary has sucked for years. They seem to use the logic that some of these guys will get better but I got news for them.

9. bisatc says:

There is no doubt that we need a Safety. Agreed. Perhaps one is coming yet.

10. vikingman62 says:

Im just sick about it. I am at least hopefull that our offence will do more then dink and dunk all year like we did with Childress.
    Im worried that we had some success in Pre season games and people in power think our D and O lines are fine and as you pointed out that our secondary will get better. I have been a Vikings fan for 41 years and I get my hopes up every year and then…..DASHED AGAIN.
    I have co workers who are all Cheese heads of the worst kind And as you have probably witnessed they are terrible winners and even worse loosers to be around. not looking to listening to the #@%$&% all year

11. vikingman62 says:

I think I may have had to much coffee today… and Cheese heads!

• LeCount80 says:

LOL! That made me laugh!

I still believe that there will be another safety brought in.

Yeah vikingman it’s hard to be a vikes fan sometimes but as our pal Purple Charlie told me a couple years ago, you have to have skin like a warthog to be one.

12. vikingman62 says:

Is Meriweather all hype? What good Safety is available in your opinion?

13. Vikadan11 says:

Vikings waived TE Allen Reisner.
    Undrafted out of Iowa, Reisner opened a few eyes with his reliable hands in training camp. If he clears waivers, the Vikings could try to develop him as an H-back type on the practice squad.

I really hate this young many was waved ~ I hope they can get him signed to the PS but I believe someone will pick him up in the next 24 hours ~

14. vikingman62 says:

purple Charlie is right. I have a thick hide but even I wear thin sometimes. I have been on this chat line for a very long time and I usually just read. but the coffee or distaste for the GB yacker’s got the best of me tonight. I was sure we were waiting for the cuts to pick up more lineman and or a safety that could do more then watch a WR run by them a warp speed! hell I would have been happy to see them go after Broken down Sharper. at least he knows how to attack or use the right angle to close the gap…..OK I know that was a bit over the top but I did warn you about the coffee

Believe me most of us have had our rants around here, I was hoping it was all Childos fault but it’s not.

• Purple Charlie says:

Vikingman, I’m with ya, Mine gets thin at times too… After 2009…
      Nothing surprises anymore…
      And yes, Packers and Cowboys fans are the worst!
      PS : Johnny get ready ! lol…

Xavier Adibi Age 26
    Height: 6-2 Weight: 242lbs
    NFL Seasons: 3
    Drafted by Houston in 2008 (4th round/118).
    Played in 11 games last year behind DeMeco Ryans and Zac Diles until out with hamstring. Has started a few games but mostly backup.
    Excellent speed at WLB but on the small side.
    Texan transitioning to a 3-4 Defense and this may be solid pickup.

My take is that there is growing confidence in Sanford and Abdullah. You don’t want to pick up someone just to pick up someone. Frazier clearly considers character a factor, and Merriweather is not his type of player, end of discussion. I don’t think they are opposed to improvement, but that’s easier said than done. Personally, neither of the two people who have frustrated me the most will be on the field for the start of next Sunday’s game. Madieu is gone and Tyrell is most likely next if they add anyone. I say hang with Denzel and let this thing play out.

Ha Coach you no more than say that about Tyrell and he drops an easy int on the NFL network replay of the Texans game.

17. vikingman62 says:

Ok Coach im better now. the coffee is wearing off and the wise words of a HOF Coach are comforting. Still not sure how Sanford Can Garner Confidence in many people…..one more question….Not one of the waiver wire guys was better coach??? Really?? OK NOW im done….Well I guess thats why the Vikes didnt answer my calls when chilly got fired!Im to emotional about this stuff….I guess I’ll have to stick to throwing stuff at the TV screen and proclaiming my widom on Sundays.

18. bisatc says:

yup, lol. I have always wanted tyrell to play well, but I am still waiting.